Happy Women's Day !!!

Happy Women's Day !!!

A Story by Kajal Gulabani

It's been centuries and we are still striving for our freedom... WE - approx 615 million females of India. Though the male-female sex ratio in India varies by only 1.5 % , the variation in equality is much more compared to it. 
Inspite of umpteen slogans and public awareness programs, India continues to remain a male dominant society. Right from the Indira Gandhi era , we have been proving our talents and calibre , nevertheless, continuing in doing so. Our so-called democratic nation is still dormant .. be it social, political or economical aspects. The inequality that envelopes both rural and urban areas must end !! The patriarchy must end !! The theme 'Inspiring Change' for International Women's Day 2014 couldn't be more apt than this. We want CHANGE !!
Kudos to numerous women since centuries, who have embarked on strife-torn and challenging voyages and have sailed out as winners. 
Here's to their evolution.. Thanks for showing the dawn of victory and radiating a ray of hope for further liberalisation. 
Womanhood is way too precious. Let's make sure this message is heard out louder than ever before.
 All you wonderful women out there , WE are the creators of Human race !!!
Feel PROUD to be borne from a woman's womb , to give birth to another. We are the power which generates life. 
We are the emotion which abides the world.
Evolve and Explore... 
CELEBRATE being a woman !! 

© 2014 Kajal Gulabani


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Kajal, misogyny and patriarchy are lined in the very fabrics of our existence. For a constant turbulence causing problem prevalent across the globe, your sleek effort of drawing unwarranted attention do has an unconditional buyer in form of my barter led appreciation. But with all due humility & in backdrop of a companion critic act, would like to extend a word of infinite advice for future servings that when you write on a public forum such as WC you not only represent your identity but also your country and consequent upon writings on forums having such vast & diverging public exposures ,your inadvertent remarks on innately sensitive issues can be damaging. Contrary to your claims in the impugned write-up, would like to throw some light on a boggling fact about how it has been statistically proven that the highest number of cases registered against women are in Sicily. Your voice is worthy of applause & shall soon meet the judgmental hearings and the much needed change is imminent but as we all know it will take time for such a revolution has to be nurtured with stability and an open mind. The evolution is a steady process with highest level of dependency to mature with ever pacing time. Patience & constant effective actions shall serve the desired purposes to achieve the finest state of exaltation.

To accuse a nation of as dormant socially, politically and economically is apparently not acceptable for the surge of change has started, albeit a little late. I concur with your thought provoking views that the status of women is still not at par with men and they must be accorded with utmost respect. Undoubtedly there was no man ,there is no man and then there can never be a man without woman. So we shall hereby take a mutual pledge to work towards a better future and of-course a better responsible nation. Shall lastly conclude my otherwise unceasing review with a famous proverb "'You educate a man you educate a man, you educate a woman and you educate a generation.'"

Special mention for the last paragraph which was elegantly drafted.

ES



Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

433 Views
1 Review
Added on March 8, 2014
Last Updated on March 8, 2014
Tags: women, evolve, explore

Author

Kajal Gulabani
Kajal Gulabani

Ahmedabad, Shilaj, India



Writing