Weddings... fame underlined !!!

Weddings... fame underlined !!!

A Story by Kajal Gulabani

Red silks draped with utmost grace and accessorizing its charisma with a demure smile is what Indian bride is all about. This nerve tickling feeling of union with a 'man of her life' is most pious in all sacred religions existing on this planet. 
Just few days back I was going through some most memorable clicks of past decades and my parent's black and white wedding photos captivated my eyes. Those were the days !!! When marriages were celebrated in simplicity and festive bells rang with divinity. When a tiny sehra, dhol beats, few relatives applauding and bride shining under bordered head cover said it all. 
Now are the days... when marriages are a boon to our personal and professional status. The holy pheras are drifting their means from holiness to flamboyance. Weddings without event managers sound next to impossible !!!! Theme based cocktails, vivid sangeet sandhyas, Ala Grand receptions, beach and poolside high tea bash... so much more !! They are undoubtedly add ons for this unique ceremony but more for our profound stature in society. Kudos to those who do better than others.. Just a month back, I attended a client's wedding and it took me by surprise. The grand style to welcome bride and groom on the stage was a rocker. Rows of multi cuisine counters which would take decades to gobble down were a shocker. 
Right from the invites till vidaai , an exhibitory process follows. The more you flaunt.. the richer you are. Such are the new norms of elites. Thus, our highly acknowledged newspapers and magazines shower them with a huge wedding column to boost their morale. Shaadi festivals are IN and so are the bridal packages on a boom. The more you follow, the more you still yearn. Strange phsyche.. unimaginable pace of this society. 
Thankfully there are no trends introduced yet for pandit's outfits and wedding bows. There are 7 pheras and I hope we let them be.. LOL

© 2014 Kajal Gulabani


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

419 Views
Added on April 25, 2014
Last Updated on April 25, 2014
Tags: weddings, stature, bride and groom

Author

Kajal Gulabani
Kajal Gulabani

Ahmedabad, Shilaj, India



Writing