A Starless Night

A Starless Night

A Story by Kirito

I take the movement ever so slightly to stare at my fogged window, the purple dream catcher reflecting on the mirror like surface.

I hear a faint bark of a dog as the lights of the city slowly flicker out. The cold night is inches away from my face, yet it is protected carefully by panes of glass and a worn, rusty screen with mountains of spider webs shielding the bottom.

I blankly wave my eyes across the trees and wood, barely noticing them.


Then I look into the sky.

Scanning my eyes observantly over the milky, grey, clouded night sky


. I look for a star, just one that I can wish upon, that I could wish for a better tomorrow.

A better sunrise and a less cloudy day, where the clouds do have the shine of a silver halo of hope ringing above us like it would an angel.

But I can't spot one single star, no hope, my star is gone, my wish for a better tomorrow is demolished.

My reddened eyes grow blue with the ocean of tears coming out of my big, hopeless, eyes, full of pain, the tears fall down off of my long eyelashes and onto the turquoise, wavy comforter, sinking down farther into the dark blanket underneath.


I look back into the starless night, distracted by the rushing of the wind and faint crumbiling of the fallen leaves onto the ice covered ground.

The moon is nowhere in sight, the only light is the small dim yellow of the people who are yet awake.

I strain my tightened neck to look at my blank colorless ceiling, the shadow of my fan stretching far across it's bland surface, the small shine of the metal switch falling under it. I lie down on my bed, the comfort drawing me into its magical spell of sleep. I close my eyes to concentrate on the star inside me, keeping me going, moving on with every day, the star that makes me laugh, the star that makes me cry, and the star that makes me hope.

© 2017 Kirito


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is really good! I enjoyed reading it.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

awesome details!! I really liked the way how you explained the stuff xD in my poems i usually use less details and stuff ( which i hate about my poems) this is COOl :)


Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Kirito

7 Years Ago

Thanks For Telling me :) I think your writing is really good :)
TheLonelyKnight

7 Years Ago

Arigato :)
Kirito

7 Years Ago

Your Welcome :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

171 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 1, 2017
Last Updated on February 1, 2017

Author

Kirito
Kirito

United Kingdom



Writing
Tadala Tadala

A Story by Kirito


Fullmoon Fullmoon

A Poem by Kirito


Eichi Eichi

A Poem by Kirito