Zombies In Georgia

Zombies In Georgia

A Story by kali
"

It's a story about a group of friends who venture to Georgia for a weekend festival. All is going well until the second night of the festival when they find themselves in an interesting, situation.

"

This road trip was planned six years in advance. The day is finally here. They drove from Las Vegas, Nevada to Georgia, 34 hours. Its 6 in the morning 2 hours before they have to pick up Kali from the airport. The R.V. they dorve is parked in the parking lot of a gym about two blocks away from the airport. Oscar knocked out an hour ago in the passenger's seat. Alex has been in the gym for about 2 hours now. Daniel is on his morning run after making a hearty breakfast. Chris and Rafa are sitting at the dinning table discussing a new game that came out over a cup of coffee. Ranvir sits next to Chris on his laptop. Alisha sleeps soundly in the back room. After two hours everyone but oscar is awake and headed to pick up Kali. Oscar wakes up as soon as they arrive at the airport. Oscar and Alisha go inside to get Kali from the luggage pickup. Next stop is Six Flags. Chris, Kali, and Brandon are being little p*****s about the coasters. After a long day we all go to the location of Tomorrow World. We go to the VIP cabins and split up into four groups of two.


First day of Tomorrow World. A bunch of rumors are going around that someone died here. Some say it was water intoxication. Scrolling Twitter, lots of stuff about demilitarized zone in Korea. Event workers try and calm people down about the “death.” Mostly the people on hard core drugs.


Second day of the event comes. A long day of getting fucked up. Night falls and everything lights up. Reminds me of the strip. We wear ourselves out and figure it’s time to go to sleep. The party still goes on as we try to get some shut eye.


Chris and Ranvir hear a scream outside their cabin. “Yo chris, you hear that?” Ranvir said sitting up in his bed. He gets up and looks out of the cabins windows and door to see if anyone's around. “Come on let’s go check, you p***y. No balls,” Ranvir says walking towards the door.

“Nah brah It’s fine, Imma go back to sleep. It’s probably nothing,” Chris proclaims, getting snug in his bed.

“No balls,” Ranvir scoffs. “I’ll be right back. I need to take a piss.” Several minutes later Ranvir throws the door open with poise and finesse. “Yo something f*****g bit me.”

“Dude, shut the f**k up. It was probably a raccoon or some s**t. Go back to sleep.” Chris says. He then turns towards the wall and pulls the covers over his head.

Ranvir turns the light on and looks at his ankle. It looks like a small animal bite. He finds the first aid kit, cleans the bite and wraps it up. Ranvir shrugs and goes back to bed.


Rafa and Brandon are trying to sleep in their cabin. A text from Ranvir intercepts Rafa’s sleeping.

A picture of Ranvir’s bandaged ankle

Hey f****t!

Dude, what the f**k

Dude IDK. I went out to take a piss

and some s**t cut me.

Well good luck with that. It's late so

i'm going to sleep.


Rafa tosses his phone to Brandon, aiming for his chest. He throws like a small child and hits brandon in the face instead. “Dude what the f**k!?” Brandon says taking off his headphones.

“Look at Ranvir’s ankle,” Rafa says.

Brandon looks at the bright phone screen, “It looks bandaged. I would ask what happened but I’m too tired to actually care.” Brandon says with an attitude.

“Jeez, I just thought I’d show you. Well i'm going back to sleep,” Rafa turns over in his bed. Brandon sets Rafa’s phone on the floor and slides it over to his bed.


Kali helps the intoxicated Alisha into bed. “Kiss me Kali,” Alisha slurs as she puckers her lips and makes kissing noises.

“Why did I have to be the one to deal with this,” Kali sighs. Alisha face plants onto the bed. As Kali is covering Alisha with a blanket Alisha grabs hold of her sleeve. They stare into each other's eyes. Kali feels flutters in her tummy and her face starts to flush. Alisha belches and passes out ruining the moment. Kali climbs into bed and stares out the window. She sees a flash of orange light as she falls asleep.


Alex and oscar sit on their beds and stare at their phones. Oscar comes across a gore thread and shows it to Alex. “I’m going to go smoke,” Oscar says. He sits on the cabin steps and lights up a stogie.

Alex opens the door and hands Oscar his phone, “dude check out this video I found on this thread.” It’s a video of a guy smashing someone's head open. He’s yelling something about beating their heads in is the only way to kill them. The rest of the thread is just people calling OP a f****t.

“What do you expect, it’s /b/,” Oscar says handing Alex his phone.

“I don’t know I just found it f*****g stupid.” Alex shuts the doors and sits back on his bed.

Oscar takes a long drag of his cigarette and stares up at the clear, starry sky. He hears screaming and people running. He looks in the direction of the stage and watches as people run towards the cabins. Some people run into the cabins and some people run past. Someone gets tackled. Oscar puts his short out on the steps and tucks it behind his ear while going into the cabin. As he shuts the door someone runs into it, wedging themselves between the door and its frame. Oscar braces the door to keep it shut. “ALEX! Get my pants!” He yells.

Alex shows up with his pants. “Whats going on?”

“No time for that give me my knife. Front pocket.” Oscars says. The guy wedges himself further through the door. “Why won’t you just leave dude?!” oscar kicks the door. Alex hands oscar his knife. “Back the f**k up before I stab you!” Oscar says. The man shows no resistance. Oscar stabs him in the right shoulder loosening his grip on the door. The man lunges forward and bites oscar on the wrist. “Eww, it's all gummy. Must be one of those toothless rednecks.” Oscar punches him repeatedly in the face. He lets go but shows no sense of pain. “God, and I thought I was a masochist.” Gun shots ring through the forest.

Alex opens the door and shoves the man out. He rips the knife out of his shoulder and stars at the gruesome scene by the stage. People ripping each other apart. The man lunges at Alex, his instincts kick in and he stabs the man in the heart.

“W-why the f**k did you do that?!” Oscar yells, staring at the lifeless body.

“Remember when we were younger and we played pretend?” Alex asks as he stares at the redneck.

“Yeah, what about it?” Oscar questions.

“Remember how we would joke around, asking what we would do if that happened?” Alex continues.

“Yeah, that we would find a place to hold out until things got better...but we had places in mind back in vegas.” Oscar looks at alex.

“Well we never expected something like this to happen when we're out of state.” Alex looks at oscar and starts to walk into the cabin.

“So you’re ASSUMING that that’s happening?” Oscar follows alex as he walks into the cabin.

“I’m not assuming anything. I was just talking. I think we should leave. Get everyone and get to RV.” Alex turned to oscar and looked at him for confirmation.

“Yeah, alright.” Oscar rolls his eyes and grabs his phone off the charger. They both walk back out the door and head to brandon and Rafa’s cabin.


Alex slams open the cabin door. “WAKE THE F**K UP!” He violently shakes Rafa. It doesn’t wake him up. Alex grabs him by the arm and pulls him off the bed. Still dead asleep. Alex gives up and tries to wake up Brandon. He notices Brandon is wearing headphones. He yanks them out of his ears.

“What the f**k dude!” Brandon looks mad.

“Shut up and get up, we're leaving.” Alex says.

“Why are we going?” Brandon gets out of bed.

Alex throws Rafa over his shoulder, “just get your stuff, we’re going to the RV.” He heads out the door. Brandon grabs their stuff and follows. They head over to Chris and Ranvir’s cabin.


Oscar steps into Alisha and Kali’s cabin, he shakes Alisha's shoulder to get her up. She snores and Oscar can smell the alcohol on her breath. “I forgot she can’t handle her liquor.”

Kali wakes up to the sight of Oscar leering over Alisha. “The f**k are you doing?”

“Oh s**t, you’re awake. Help me lift her onto my back.” Oscar says.

“Why? What are you going to do with her?” Kali gets out of bed and walks over to him.

“We’re f*****g leave-” Oscar starts but more gunshots cut off his words.

“Uhm I know we’re in georgia but that sounded close.” Kali looks around scared.

“Oh you don’t say. Just help get her on my back cause I don’t think her drunk a*s could walk, much less run.” Kali helps Alisha onto his back. “Oh yeah, you want to get yours and her stuff.” Kali gathers the stuff and they leave the cabin.


Alex and Brandon open Chris and Ranvir’s cabin door. “Brandon wake up Chris,” Alex says walking towards Ranvir.

Brandon shakes Chris awake violently, “get up you little nerd.”

“Dude, what the f**k!” Chris says in a grouchy voice sitting up.

“Shut up and get up, we're leaving,” Brandon says.

Chris looks at Alex, “Why are we leaving?”

Alex ignores him, “Ranvir, wake up.” He shakes him awake.

“Whats going on?” Ranvir says sleepily.

“Were leaving right now,” Alex says as he walks out of the cabin. Brandon, Chris, and Ranvir follow.




Kali

Alex and Oscar are intensely talking, but I’m not within earshot, actually only Alisha is but she’s still passed out drunk. Brandon starts to walk closer to them, and the rest of us follow. We catch a bit of the conversation.

“When we get to the R.V. what the f**k are we going to do afterwards?” Oscar frantically asks Alex.

Alex looks at us walking there way, “I don’t know we’ll figure something out.”

“What-da-fuk is going on?!” Brandon is the first of us to talk.

Oscar nervously looks around. “Some maniac with a gun, they are evacuating the area.”

“We need to get to the chopper,” Alex Schwarzenegger says. Such unoriginal content.

Oscar glares at him, “Can we hurry the hell up, please?” He turns and heads towards the R.V. The rest of us follow. I wonder what’s actually going on, I mean some maniac with a gun. Like oscar would ever run from that. After 5 minutes of walking we reach the parking lot. There’s two trucks on either side of our R.V.  The one on the right has its door open and something is under the door. Oscar set Alisha down next to me.

“Stay here, we will investigate.” Alex said setting down Rafa beside Alisha. Him and Oscar walk towards the truck. The rest of just stood here in silence as they investigated.

I hear the R.V. start and the lights beam at us, blinding. The high beams flash on and off twice. “Is that supposed to be the signal for the all clear?” I say confused.

“Well no s**t,” Chris says picking up Alisha.

I shrug my shoulders and give Brandon a look. He does the same and picks up Rafa. We head towards the R.V.

Oscar is waiting outside. Brandon and chris carry the past out duo into the vehicle. Ranvir is about to get in when a man steps out from behind a truck on the left side of us. He has a gun in his hands ready to shoot. Oscar raises his shotgun at the guy. He flips his hair, “I think mine's bigger, put your gun down.”

“Whoa I’m not looking for trouble I just want a way out of this hell hole,” He set his gun down on the ground and raised his hands.

“Alright kick the gun over here and you can come with us.” Oscar says lowering his gun a bit. The man kicks the gun over to us.

He starts toward us, “Thank you so much. You have no ide-” His words are cut off as headlights and a roaring sound appeared. A massive truck mowed him down. Blood spurt everywhere.

“Well that’s one way to get out of here,” Oscar wittily said.

“H-how can you joke about something like that?!” I yelled at Oscar. “We need to call for help, he could still be alright.” I started to walk to him.

Oscar grabbed my wrist, “Kali stop being dumb we have to leave.” I looked At the mess then back at the R.V. I jerked my hand from his and walked into the R.V. He followed after he picked up the other guys gun.

“Where did you even get a shotgun?” I asked him.

He said one word, “Rednecks.” And hopped in the front seat with Alex.




Chris

Alex pulls out of the parking spot and starts to drive. Oscar tells him directions as he drives, “take route 28 south.” Oscar snaps back in his seat to look back at us, “someone call Daniel and Steven.”

“Alright I’ll call Steven,” Brandon says searching for his phone.

“No, Steven broke his phone doing that awesome dare, remember? Call Daniel,” Oscar says pointing Alex in the right direction.

Brandon finds his phone sitting next to the bong, “I don’t even have Daniel’s number.”

“For f***s sake...Just someone get Alisha’s phone. Take a left Alex.” Oscar says looking at his GPS. I get up and start walking to the back of the R.V. where the beds are.

“Alright Chris you go,” Brandon says. I flick him off and ignore his s****y tone.

I walk in and Kali looks up at me. She’s sitting on the edge of the bed where Alisha is laying on her stomach. “Hey b***h, call Daniel,” I say leaning against the doorway.

“I don’t have his number,” she talks to me like I’m the idiot.

I give her a look that would make any mortal feel stupid, “Use Alisha’s phone.”

As she turning to get Alisha’s phone I see her mocking my words.

“Its locked, Alisha unlock your phone please,” Kali says as she nudges her awake.

Alisha wakes up from her drunken slumber, “Oh hi Kiwi.” She yawns and wraps her arms around Kali. Bunch of gay a*s girls.

“B***h,” Kali mumbles under her breath.

“I know I’m a b***h,” Alisha says smiling.

“Hurry and f*****g call him!” I yell, enraged by the fact that these two hussys can’t even make a phone call.

Kali shoots me this pissed off look, “it's okay, can you unlock your phone?”

“You’re both b*****s,” Oscar says as he bumps past me, nearly knocking me over. He walks straight to the back of the room and rummages through the cabinets.

“Unlock your f*****g phone Alisha,” Kali says shoving it in her face.

“Uhm...Why?” Alisha replies with a bitchy attitude.

“We need to call Daniel and surprisingly no one else on this damn bus has his number.” Says Kali.

Alisha jolts up and looks around frantically as if she were just realizing we left the cabins. She snatches it, unlocks it, and immediately starts looking through her text messages. Kali takes it back from her. She starts to call Daniel as Alisha is trying to her phone back.

Kali looks at the phone and then at me, “No answer.”



Daniel and Steven

The ringing and vibration of Daniel's phone interrupts his video watching. A low resolution photo of an extremely chink eyed asian girl appears as the contact photo. He lets it go to voicemail and continues his Youtube video. A lone gunshot echoes through the air. Stevens hood senses kick in and he propels himself to the floor from the bed. “Oh s**t hammie!”

Daniel pops up from watching YouTube, “what was that?” Daniel is quickly pulled to the floor by the forces of Steven.

“Gunshots, get on the f*****g floor mange.” Steven looks around like an absolute madman.

Daniels phone starts to ring again, “Hello? It’s me.” He answers like he’s about to start singing an Adele song.

“Alisha knock it off!” He hears Kali fuss.

“But it’s my phone,” Alisha whines.

“I finally found it!” Daniel hears a man yell in the background. There’s some commotion with the phone. “Here Brandon...Sup DanDan? You guys are still at the Hotel?” It’s clear now that the man was Oscar.

“Yes, we are. It’s Oscar,” Daniel informs steven.

“Well something happened and we will be there in Fifteen minutes,” Oscar says. Sirens can be heard in the background of the call. “S**t,” That’s Oscars last word before the call cuts out.

“Hello? Hello!? The call ended,” Daniel looks at his phone then at Steven. Screaming from the room next door turns both their attention in that direction.

“Can’t watch Demo Disk in peace. Should we call the cops?” Daniel says unlocking his phone.

“F*****g snitch,” Steven mumbles under his breath.

“Oh, you are going to f*****g get it,” Daniel exclaims about to buy Steven a new one. He is stopped in his tracks by a girl yelling for help outside their room.

Steven stands up, “I’m about to take flight. First I get woken up, then Daniel wants to snitch and fight me, AND NOW WE GOT A SCREAMIN’ B***H. Someone’s gonna f*****g get it.” He nears the door.

“No, please have mercy,” Daniel rolls his eyes and gets off the floor.

Steven throws open the door only to be rushed by a girl. Steven looks to the right down the hall, nothing there, then to his left. He spots a trail of blood and a man darting down the hall coming straight for Steven. “I’m gonna Sparta kick the s**t out of this dude,” Steven readies himself as the man comes closer. Steven sees his bloodshot eyes and the blood dripping from around his mouth. He quickly jumps back inside and slams the door, locking it. “Daniel get my knife,” Steven says pressing himself against the door and looking out of the peephole.

Daniel is shocked that Steven didn’t stand his ground and is trying to use a weapon in a fight. “This must be something bad,” He whispers as he grabs for Stevens knife.

The girl that barged in is cowering in the corner of the room and crying. Loud banging can be heard coming from the door now. Steven jumps back and takes the knife from Daniel, “That n***a is on some s**t.”




Oscar


“S**t, the call was cut off, “ I say sitting next to Brandon. I take the black backpack that i tossed him a minute ago. It has a picture of Madoka and Homura on it from the show Madoka Magica. I open it up and pulled out a brick of weed and my purple, hand spun glass bong. I set both on the table in front of us. Along with two assisted opening pocket knives. I load up the bong and take a huge, throat burning, hit. “Does anyone want a hit, not Brandon?” I say exhauling and looking around the living area of the R.V. Me and Brandon are sitting at the dining table on the wall opposite of the door. Ranvir, Rafa, and Chris are sitting on the long, black sofa parallel to where I am. As usual no one else wants any. You would think they'd take it to calm some nerves. I got up and grabbed the satchel I had taken from the rednecks truck. I sit back down at the table but this time cross from Brandon. I start to empty the satchel of its contents and lay it out on the table. Six cartridges of 12 gage slugs, a polaroid of some hick f*****g his sister, Binoculars, a small blue bag of assorted crystals, a hunting knife, and a match box. I set the satchel aside and hold up the small blue baggie.

I look at Brandon and back at the baggie, “I could get some serious cash for this s**t.” I smile and place it in my secret inside coat pocket. I get up, grabbing one of the pocket knives, and walked up front to Alex. He side looks at me as I set a glock and his pocket knife on the passenger's seat. As he turned his head to look back at the road a blue mercedes cut right in front of us forcing Alex to slam on the breaks. It sent me flying face first into the dashboard. I hear Brandon yell “s**t.” Ranvir, Rafa, and Chris all see “weee” in unison.

“F**k dude! Are you alright Oscar?” Alex looks at as I recover.

“I’m fine. Not like it hasn’t happened before.” I pick up the gun and knife as I stand back up and place them in the passenger's seat for a second time. Alex continues on as soon as the mercedes is a distance ahead.

“Come here Oscar,” Brandon says with concern in his voice.

I walk in there to see he had the satchel in front of him. “What’s up B,” I sit down across from him.

“What is this?” He slides me a little black baggie. The same size as the blue one I had already found but this one did not contain crystals.

I stare at brandon knowing exactly what it is. “I...I honestly don’t believe it, but I think it’s PCP. I’ve seen it once. Done it once too. Surprising a redneck would have something like this.” I grab the Magical Girl backpack and put it inside along with the other items that were still on the table excluding the bong and weed. I notice Brandon’s eyes are bloodshot. “Hey!” I yell about to scold him.

He starts to laugh, “hahahah, dude….I don’t even wanna hear it.” He slumps in the booth.

I roll my eyes, “just as long as you’re able to f*****g function this time.”

“Hey! There a gas station coming up. Now is the time to get s**t if you need it. Also were gonna fuel up,” Alex shouts back to us.

I get up and walk to the back to let Kali know what’s going down. “Do you want anything from the gas station? You already know you’ll have to stay in here to watch her drunk a*s.” I say leaning in the doorway.

“I’m not that drunk,” Alisha manages to slur out a sentence.

“Some sort of chocolate and a water would be nice. I have money if you want it,” Kali says looking around for her purse.

“We have sink water though,” I put on a s**t-eating grin.

“But I want bottled water, You f*****g asked me what I want…” She glares up at me.

“But we have a sink,” I say egging her on knowing damn well I wouldn’t even drink the R.V. water.

“Stop being a c**t. And get Alisha some Veggie6, I have a feeling she’s gonna have a hangover.”  Kali says rubbing Alisha’s stomach.

“Don’t be shocked when you’re water has something extra in it.” I scoff as I walk back to the front.

“I won’t drink it if the seal is broken!” She yells after me.

The vehicle comes to a stop at a gas station called Lexico. Alex gets up from the driver's seat and grabs the contents from the passenger's seat. He places the glock on the table.

“Yo what the f**k dude? Why did we stop?!” Ranvir panics.

Alex looks at him like he’s an idiot, “Where the hell were you when I said were stopping at a gas station? Idiot. What does everyone want, beside Ranvir?”

“Also who all is going in the store and Who is pumping the gas?” I say looking at everyone.

“You know i'm going,” Alex states the obvious.

“I guess I’ll go,” Rafa says.

“Same here,” Chris volunteers.

“I’ll pump the gas,” Ranvir says standing up.

“Wrong, Brandon will pump the gas. You might blow the damn bus up.” Alex says.

I give him a questioning look, “so were trusting this to a blazed moron,”

“Hey!” Brandon adds.

“Over Ranvir? Actually don’t answer that.”

“Uhm offensive,” Ranvir looks at me all butt hurt as he sits back on the couch.

“I’m fine pumping gas. Get me three Mountain bars and two Nevada teas.” Brandon stands up.

“I guess get me whatever,” Ranvir adds in a pout.

“You don’t have a choice anyways,” Alex says walking out of the R.V.

Rafa follows Alex. I follow behind Rafa and Brandon comes after me. Chris is the last to leave the vehicle. I hand Brandon the gas card and the rest of us head into the store.



Daniel


I crouch next to the crying girl to try and comfort her. Steven rushes over to us. He grabs the girl by the shoulders and sits her up straight so he can look at her face. Her eyes are a blue-green and irritated from crying. Her eye makeup a runny mess. A stream of snot dribbled from her hoop pierced nose to her pink lipstick smudged, plump lips.

“What the f**k is going on?!” Steven yells, sounding slightly scared.

She winces at the power of his voice, “I-I don’t know!”

Steven looks at me angrily, “let me see you grit dem teeth.”

“What?” I say confused with his statement. Before I could defend myself Steven backhands me so hard I fall back onto my butt. I rub my cheek and yell, “What the f**k dude!?”

“CAN YOU SHUT THE F**K UP!” A man a couple of rooms down yells out of his door. The banging on our door ceases. “No, get away from me. I didn’t want any tro- AHHHH.” His cries of agony echo down the hall.

Me and Steven exchange a look. “This is our chance to escape,” Steven whispers.

I look at the girl, she has her head buried in her arms again. She looks like a mass of blonde hair with legs. “What about her,” I whisper back to him.

“She can do whatever the f**k he wants,” Steven grabs his luggage and slips of his shoes.

I sigh and grab all of my things too. I open the door and am immediately tackled to the ground by the man who was bangging on our door. I let out a high pitch scream that I wouldn’t of thought was male if it didn’t come out of my mouth. Steven flips his knife open and stabs the man in the back. This has no effect on the deranged man and he continues to try and maul me despite my efforts of holding him back.

“Chinga tu madre puto!” Steven shouts. He pushes him off of me into the room with all his might. The girl is standing in the hall with us. Steven slams the door shut. He grabs a chair that was outside our door and props it against the door to keep it shut.

I sit up and crawl back to lean against the building next to our door. “That was truly terrifying,” I say staring at Steven. A loud bang comes from the window above me. I jump and back away from it.

Steven puts his knife away after wiping the blood off on his shorts. “So now do we call the police?” I say standing up and grabbing my bags.

“Nah hamie, we get the f**k outta here,” Steven also picks up his stuff and we start walking down the hall to the stairs. I notice the girl is following a few feet behind us.




Alex


Oscar, Chris, Rafa, and myself walk into the convenience store.

“Yo it’s the meehezers,” Chris jokes around.

I let out a chuckle. A big smirk is plastered on Rafa’s face.

“Just like old times,” Oscar laughs.

I go to the ATM and try to withdraw some funds. It says an unknown error has occurred. I try it a few more times. Same thing each time. I hit the machine and yell, “Nah dude you gotta be shitting me! This is some monkey balls.”

Oscar walks over to me, “what happened?”

“Dumbass thing won’t let me get out any money!” I say shoving my wallet into my back pocket.

“Calm down, the machine is probably broken. I mean look where we are.” Oscar reassures me.

Me and Oscar walk up to the counter where Chris is already standing. “So what did you get?”

“Two jugs of water, two 24 packs of blockhead water bottles. Chris grabbed trail mix, assorted candies from KidCats to Blue Gummy Sharks. Bags of Stand Chips and Jerky. Oh, and Kali’s stupid f*****g Taintedlife water.” Oscar pointed everything on the counter out.

“Oh wait I forgot something, and where is Rafa?” Chris said heading toward the coolers and grabbing two jugs of nevada tea. One sweet and one green tea.

Oscar leans on the counter looking behind it and at the cigarette case. “Where the f**k is the cashier? I hope this place isn’t closed. Says 24 hours on the door.”

We hear a yell coming from the back of store near the restrooms. Oscar, Chris, and I dart towards the sound knowing it could only be Rafa. A female about the age of 20 is straddling Rafa. He’s using a case of Angry Apple Beer to defend himself. The woman is gnawing at the box. Oscar and I fling her off of Rafa. He scrambles back to his feet.

“Man, no one tell Feli this happened. Alright?” He brushes himself off.

Chris reaches into his waistband and pulls out the glock firing two shots. One hit the girl square in the chest and the other ricocheted off the metal part of a nearby cooler and into the window, shattering it. The room went deafeningly silent. I tackled Chris to get the gun away from him. We both hit the floor and the glock went sliding half way down the aisle toward the front counter.

The employees only door behind the register flew open. A man in his mid 40s walked out with a double barrel shotgun. He cocked it and yelled, “Put yer gurd durn hands up.” Chris and I shot up off the floor and all four of us put our hands up. The man stepped from behind the counter. He walked down the aisle alongside the coolers. “Now y’all need to back away from the girl,” He waved the gun at us.

We all took a few steps back. The man rushes over to her. Tears filled his eyes as he checked for a pulse. “NO! Virginia! My sweet baby girl. You were a great daughter and an even better lover.”

We all made a disgusted noise. I noticed Oscar slowly scoot half way down the next aisle over from the coolers. He slowly reached down and picked up the gun and stuck it in his jacket hood. He starts to creep back towards us.

The man has now picked up the girl. He looks at us and then rushes her to back room by the bathrooms.

Oscar pulls the gun out of his hood. “Get the s**t to the car,” He whispers.

I grab about half the s**t off the counter with all my gains. As were about to rush out the door the man fires a shot at the door. Miraculously missing all of us. He steps out of the doorway. Oscar fires a shot but misses and hits the frame above him. The daughter f****r ducks back into the hallway. I rush out of the door, followed by Chris who has grabbed everything else off the counter and Rafa who now has two cases of the beer he was holding. Oscar is still inside. I rush into the R.V. and drop everything I'm holding onto the ground.

“Where's Oscar?” Brandon says standing up real quick.

“I thought he was right behind us,” I turn to see Rafa and Chris trying to catch their breath all the stuff they grabbed piled around they’re feet.

Brandon grabs the shotgun Oscar had leaning in the booth at the dining table. He brushed past us and walked out the door. I followed him out. He cocked it, pulled open the door and fired at the hick. The man flew back into the doorway where we had left him. Oscar looked at Brandon like he was an absolute madman. “What? F**k that guy,” he shrugged his shoulder.

“Well s**t, start grabbing everything,” Oscar said as he grabbed a shopping basket and headed toward the cigarette cabinet. I walked past brandon and did the same thing only I went for the aisles. Brandon followed behind me. Chris and Rafa raided all the liquids. While the rest of them loaded the R.V. me and Oscar went to check out the room Virginia was taken to. I picked up the hicks Winchester super x3 as we stepped over his lifeless body. We cautiously opened the door that wasn’t the restroom. The girl is laid out on a cot. I rummaged through the only cabinet in the room. It held a box of 12g buckshots, a Winchester model 70, and a box of 30S ammo with 6 rounds inside. I watched as Oscar pressed the glock in between her eyes. A lone shot. We walked back to the R.V. I started it up and we went on our way.




Oscar


I sit for a second and listen to Chris brag about how he shot a girl.

“I killed a man tonight,” Brandon stares blankly at his hands. I get up and grab Kali’s water and chocolate bar. I look at the label, it reads Taintedlife, I chuckle. I swing the door open to the back room with finesse. I then open up the bottle of water with poise and take a swig of it.

“Here's the f*****g water I almost died for,” I screw on the top and hand it out to Kali.

She reluctantly takes it, “Thanks. So what happened? I heard gunshots.”

I stand in the doorway picking my ear with my pinky, “Uhm...rednecks?”

“That’s it?” She questions.

“No, it’s not,” I look at my finger and wipe it on my pants. I turn to walk away.

“So you aren’t going to tell me what happened? Typical.” She scoffed.

“Enjoy your water, and this.” I toss the candy in her direction and then walk away. I sit at the table with the bong once again. Brandon lays long ways in the booth across from me. Back against the wall, legs laid out and feet hanging off the edge of the seat. I take a small hit after packing her full. I look at Brandon, “You okay?”

“Sad pain, I didn’t mean for it to happen.” He looks devastated.

I slide my bong to him, “dude, you saved my life.” He takes a huge hit off it and holds it in for a solid minute to blow out the least amount of smoke.

Kali walks into the room looking at all the stuff we grabbed. “So what the f**k happened?”

“Ugh, shut the f**k up,” Chris groans.

“Chris is retarded and shot some girl,” Rafa explains cracking open one of the beers.

“I killed a man tonight,” Brandon says once again.

“Whoa, what the f**k,” Ranvir exclaims like he wasn’t here the first time Brandon stated that.

“Are you serious? Shouldn’t we have called the cops instead of obviously robbing the entire store?” Kali motions towards the piles of stuff we took.

“Kali do you want us to get fucked over!?” Chris yells.

She looks a little guilty, “W-well no. Butt I don’t want to leave two people dead. It feels wrong.”

Rafa giggles, his face buried in his phone. “It was in self defense,” I explain to her.

Rafa looked up, “someone keep the gun away from this kid.” He motions towards Chris.

“For reals dude,” Ranvir chimes in.

I get up and walk to the front after about 5 minutes of silence. I sit in the passenger's seat next Alex. “So Alex. Do you think that thread we saw was real?” I asked him in the most nonchalant way possible.

He stares at the road for a second thinking about it, “Well I thought it was a bunch of s**t...At first. But now. I don’t know man.”

We both stare out the front window pondering what the hell is happening to our lives. “What are y’all going on about?” We both jump at the sound of Kali’s voice.

I open my phone up, ignoring her, and find the 4Chan thread from earlier. “There are more replies now.” I say aloud to myself.

Kali piers over my shoulder to see what I’m looking at. “S**t, what is this?” She says as we look at pictures of dead bodies and military vehicles. Kali pulls her phone out the back pocket of her black skinny jeans. I watch her Google News articles for an explanation. Only one came up that was relevant. An article stating that Military drills were happening in the D.C. area. “You think they would at least tell people something,” Kali states with worry in her voice.

“I can’t believe I actually did it,” Chris mumbles from the couch. He actually sounds remorseful. We finally reach the town where Steven and Daniel are staying. Alex stops the R.V. abruptly. Kali falls hitting her head on the seat. I look around to see emergency vehicles flipped, crashed, and on fire. Some buildings are a blaze and a few fire hydrants are spewing water.

Rafa, Ranvir, and Chris walk up to us to see what’s going on. There is a smoldering pile up of several different vehicles in the middle of an intersection. Crowds of people surround the streets and wreckage.

“I can’t get through thats,” Alex states.

“Kali rubbed her face, “Owe.”

“Maybe side streets?” I say pulling up maps on my phone.

“Whatever we do we need to it fast. I really don’t like the looks of this.” Rafa said as he walked back to the couch.

“Agreed,” Ranvir followed after him like a lost puppy.

“Tell me where to go Oscar,” Alex said, patiently waiting.

“Go right,” I say pointing.

Kali walks away, “I’m gonna go wake up Lishypoo.” Everyone mocks her pet name for Alisha.

Alex swerves the car trying to avoid running over some crazy person who ran right in front of us. Luckily Brandon was at the table with the bong so it didn’t fall. I think to myself. Chris, Alex, and I watch riot police and several civilians fight on the sidewalks and streets where cars are piled up. “Maybe we should avoid telling Alisha and Kali everything we see.” I say concerned about their mental well being. “Take a left into the alley here,” I inform Alex. Chris walks away from us to discuss the Dota internationals with Ranvir and Rafa.

We come to the end of the alley a car is blocking the exit. Alisha and Kali walk out of the back room. Alisha plops down in the booth with Brandon. Kali walks up to me, “Why did we stop.”

“We’re blocked in. No other way to get out but back up and go the way we came. Even then we won’t be able to get to Daniel and Steven. This is the closests were going to get,” I explain to her.

“Time to start walking,” Alex says taking his seatbelt off.

“Alisha you should call daniel and give him a heads up,” Rafa tells her.

“Awe why me again?” She whines in protest.

“Because the big boys are talking. Also no one else has his number apparently,” He shrugs.

More screams are heard from outside followed by a gun fire. Alisha looks at us scared, “What is going on?!” No one answers her. For better words, no one knows what to tell her because we don’t know the answer ourselves really.

Alex turns of R.V. and stands up. “So who is coming with us?” He asks knowing im going and addressing the rest of the men.

“I don’t know some alleyway,” I hear Alisha talking to Daniel. I snatch the phone from her. “Hey!” She protests.

“Are you still at the motel? Do you know what’s going on?” I say pacing back and forth.

“Yeah. We got a pretty good look at it,” He sounds out of breath.

“Ah s**t hahmie. There’s a n****r this way.” I can hear steven yelling in the background. “Back the f**k up before I spartan kick your a*s.”

“Where are you at?” Daniel whispers into the phone.

“We are on the way to get you. Did either of you get...Hurt?” I say trying to pick my words carefully.

Everyone starts to argue about whos going with us to get them. I want to go!” Alisha yells, most likely still drunk.

“F**k that I’m staying put. I think I smoked too much. Plus I did my hero work for the month,” Brandon says crossing his arms and leaning in the booth.

“Stop being stupid Alisha, you should stay here with me and Brandon.” Kali says.

“Chris doesn’t need to go because of earlier,” Rafa states the obvious.

“Yeah, we don’t need another gas station incident,” Ranvir chimes in.

“Some guy tackled me earlier. Steven locked him in our room.” Daniel says pulling me back to our phone call.

“So did you get hurt!?” I yell into the phone. The room falls silent.

“No! I-I’m good dude,” He reassures me.  

I breathe a sigh of relief, “Hold tight we’ll be there soon.” I hear Steven yell more. The phone clicks, “Hello? Daniel!? Aww f**k, again with this s**t.”

“Shut the f**k up. Only me and Oscar are going,” Alex stops all the arguing. He hands Rafa the glock. I give Alisha her phone back and grab the shotgun Brandon used earlier. I put it into the duffle bag it came from.

Alisha looks at us in utter confusion, “Where did you guys get gun and food and all this stuff? What the f**k is happening!” She grabs her cheeks with her hands and drags them down her face, pulling her eyes open wide.

Kali walks over to her and rubs her back, “I’ll tell you when they leave.”

I sling the bag over my shoulder. Alex pats his pants for his knife and gives a thumbs up. We both slip out the front door.




Alisha


“Why can’t I just go with them?” I say, staring at the door.

“If she wants to get killed let her,” Chris says slouching on the couch.

“F**k you Chris,” Kali stands up beside me. Chris shoots up in his seat and they start to argue. Rafa is texting with the gun in his lap. Brandon is smoking and talking to Ranvir. Now is my chance while no one is looking. I think to myself, I sneak to the back room and grab my purse. I open the window over the bed I was sleeping in earlier. I look out to make sure no one is there. The coast is clear, I lower myself out of window. I hang by my hands, my feet still not touching the ground. I let go and brace for impact. I hit the ground, my ankles tingle but I’m fine. “Not too shabby for an almost 5 foot tall girl,” I whisper to myself. I hug the side of the bus and shimmy to the front. I watch as oscar and alex walk past the car blocking the alley. They continue straight. I follow silently.

They reach a church and stop, “Do you know where we're going?” Alex says.

“Of course. Do you which direction we are heading?” Oscar questions him.

Alex stays quiet for a second, “Uh west?” He asks.

Oscar shakes his head, “No, east.” They head down a street called Earle St. and head north to Main St. There’s a pile up of vehicles and several others scattered along the highway. What the hell happened, maybe I got really drunk and this is just a dream. Think to myself trying not to have a panic attack. I hear gunshots to my left and watch Oscar and Alex walk up to the tipped over fire truck.

“Where is everyone?” Oscar asks, not really looking for an answer.

“Most of the people around us look fucked up,” Alex looks around.

I can faintly hear the radio from the fire truck. It sounds like some kind of state of emergency.

“We should climb up to get a better view,” Oscar says putting a foot up on the wheel. I watch as they both climb.

I run to another vehicle to hide from them.

“Hey idiot! What are you doing?!” Oscar shouts, I’ve been spotted.

I run up to the fire truck, “Uhm hi.” I’m a little out of breath.

“Great! Now we have to babysit,” Alex says throwing his arms up.

“Did Kali not tell you what’s happening?” Oscar crouches on the truck to get closer to me.

“No, I left before she could,” I say kicking at the road. “So talk!”

“Everything has gone to s**t, it seems like.” Alex says, facing away from me.

Oscar looks back at Alex, “Yeah the Russians invaded with space lamaos.” He looks back at me.

“We don’t know what’s going on Alisha! The camp was attacked,” Alex yells.

We hear several gunshots again. “The camp was attacked by what?!” I raise my voice in frustration.

“By people. We thought it was someone tripping balls,” Oscar explains.

“We should probably go,” Alex says as he jumps from the fire truck. Oscar follows him. We start walking north to Main St.

“I-It’s just this town right?” I ask, I’m so worried about my family. No one answers me. We get to the Hotel Motel Holiday Inn where Steven and daniel are staying.




Kali

“Still can’t believe she ran off like that...This is all your fault Chris,” I shake my head in disbelief.

“Good I hope she gets raped,” He scoffs.

“Same dude,” Ranvir says. I have a feeling he wasn’t paying attention.

“That’s so f*****g rude,” Rafa shames the both of them.

“She’s probably scared. All that spook is going on.” Brandon stares at the bong on the table.

“Well they shouldn’t be gone too much longer right?” I pace back and forth.

“Maybe we should try and drive to them? Also what if Alisha didn’t even catch up with them.” Rafa says what I’ve been scared to.

“All the roads are blocked, you heard Alex. And who will drive? And what if they come back here and we aren’t here?” I start to panic a little.

“You drive,” Chris says.

“No. I think we should just stay put like they expect us to,” I reply.

“Well if you won’t drive I’ll just have to go out and look for them.” Ranvir stands up determined.

“Don’t be a f*****g dumbass,” Chris gabs his sleeve and pulls him back to the couch.

“Yeah if anyone goes it should be me,” Rafa waves the gun around to show he was the only one left with a weapon.

“Or we could all stay and avoid losing another per-” My words are cut off by the sound of the R.V. door rattling. “Don’t open it!” I harsh whisper.

“Just open the door it’s probably them,” Ranvir stands up again.

“Ranvir sit! I’ll look through the peephole,” Brandon walks over the door and looks. He says nothing and unlocks the door. He swings it open to a police officer holding his side.

The officer stumbles in and looks at each of us in the eyes. “Have y’all been attacked? And does this vehicle run?” He has a slight country twang.

We all say no about being attacked. Brandon walks back over to the table and hides the bong in the booth. “Uhm, who are you?” I say sense no one else knows how to ask.

He points at his name tag with his gun, it reads Bryant. “Oh yeah? So what do you know about what’s going on outside, Officer?” Rafa questions who he really is.

“Nothing. I know nothing,” He sounds defeated. ”I was answering calls and everything went to s**t. Then riot police and national guard showed up. It’s been one hell of a night.” He sniffs at the air and looks at Brandon. “Y’all been doing the devils lettuce?” He limps over to the table past me and plops down in the booth.

“Uhm no. What are you talking about?” Brandon plays dumb. He knocks over the bong spilling water everywhere. “F**k!” he looks down at it and scrambles to pick it up. He finely checks it for any cracks.

“Dumbass,” I mumble and roll my eyes.

Please don’t arrest me,” he pleads with the injured officer.

“F*****g retard,” Chris says.

“Yeah, idiot,” Ranvir adds his two cents.

“It’s some sort of riot out there. You think I have time to arrest you? Now fill it back up and repack it.” Bryant winces at the pain in his side. He sets his gun on the table. Brandon fills and repacks the bong. Bryant lights the weed and inhales out of the top of it. No smoke is left in the tunnel and a chard bund is left in the bowl. “Oh yeah,” He exhales and a thin layer of smoke fills the room. “That’s some good medicine. Speaking of, y’all have something to help this?” He lifts up his shirt up to his pecks. He reveals a bloody gash about 3 inches long on his waist. Along with nicely sculpted pack of abs.

“Damn!” I say.

“Oh man,” Rafa cringes. “I don’t think we have anything to help that.”

“Sick,” Brandon smiles and nods his head.

“We could cauterize it shut,” I watch as the officers eyes widen in obvious fear.

“So what happened?” Ranvir asks him.

He looks down at it and then back at us. We all wait for his explanation. “Okay, look a guy with a knife tried to gut me. He went after my partner and I just ran. I just left her...” He shuttered, “I escaped and put him down.” He picked up the bong Brandon repacked while he was talking. He coughed a few times, “Haven’t done this since I joined the force.” The sound of gunshots has everyone in the R.V. scared. Officer Bryant looks shocked, “That wasn’t one of ours.” He turns in the booth to look out of the window behind him.

Rafa turns around on the couch to lok out of the window above him. “So officer, what have you seen today,” He asks in a curious tone.

I grab oscar’s Madoka backpack and start looking through it, “Bryant, our friends just went outside before you...showed up. I think we would all like to know what they’re chances are.”

He continues to look out of the window, “I’ll be frank with you miss, I don’t know. I’m a trained officer of the law and look what happened to me...and what happened to my partner. They don’t prepare you for anything like this though.” He turns back around, wincing at the pain from his injury.

“So they aren’t gonna make it,” Chris sighs.

“Shut up Chris! They’ll be alright. They have to be…” I stare at the emergency sewing kit in my hand.

“That’s good to be hopeful in this time of despair,” Officer Bryant smiles at me.

I zip up the magical girl bag and place the sewing kit on the table. I walk over to the freezer and grab the half bottle of vodka out of it. I give it a swirl.

Bryant sees it, “Hand that over.” He motions towards himself.

I hand it to him and he takes two big gulps. “That should numb the pain.”




Steven


A man stumbles towards us from the hall next to the stairs.. “They’re coming for me. Y-You gotta help me.” Footsteps can be heard from behind him.

“Stay away!” I yell.

The girl from earlier walks past us, she has a dazed look in her eyes. She gives Daniel a slight smile and lunges at the man in front of us. He screams in agony as she drags him around the corner. Me and Daniel exchange a look. We both dart down the stairs running smack into Oscar and Alex.

“S**t watch where you're walking!” Alex yells as he catches himself from falling on his a*s. I watch as the girl falls head first from the second story into the pavement in front of us. Daniel turns his head before she hits the ground.

“What was that?” Oscar and Alex turn around to see her start to stand up. Her body bloody and arms mangled.

I hear a sort of grunting noise behind us. The dark skinned man she had mauled is standing at the top of the stairs. Slouching and twitching slightly. He takes a step forward and tumble down landing at our feet. This catches the girls attention and she starts to sprint towards us. “Oh s**t dawg,” I mumble.

Oscar and Alex are looking at the girl while me and Daniel are backing up from the man at our feet.

“What the f**k,” Oscar says. I turn to see him flip the duffle bag around from his back to his chest. Alex stands his ground. I hear a small scream and realize Alisha has been behind Oscar this whole time.

The girl is charging towards Oscar. He pulls out a shotgun and slams the butt of it into her face, cracking her jaw.

The man on the ground grabs at my pants. I look down at him and stomp on his hand. He doesn’t even yell at the pain. He stands up slowly. I can see his eyes are bloodshot like that guy who tackled Daniel. His whole body shutters. He has a new found determination in his eyes. He looks right at Alisha. Before he can rush her I pick him up by the waist and slam him to the ground. His head cracks on the bottom step.

“F**k thats two counts of self defense,” Oscar flips a strand of his black hair out of his face.

Alisha collapsed to the floor breathing heavily. Daniel crouches down and tries to comfort her.

“Shall we go?” Alex says.

“Yeah lets get out of here,” Daniel stands up and reaches out a hand to Alisha.

We all walk to the intersection. It’s now cluttered with civilian cars and emergency vehicles. A massive pour of assault weapons being discharged can be heard in the distance. The rain of bullets stops and it falls eerily silent for a solid minute.

“HEEEELLP!” The voice of a small child screams.

“N***a is that a kid?” I say.

“With my luck it’ll be a little girl,” Alex sighs.

“Nah it’ll be an old lady,” Oscar snickers.

Daniel and Alisha look at each other.

Alex and I walk ahead to find the source of the noise.  

“Shouldn’t we help?” I can faintly hear Alisha say.

“Uh, no,” Oscar responds.

“Oh come on it’s just a kid. Wait, what’s in the bag?” Daniel asks.

“We’ll have a repeat of Virginia if we help,” Oscar says sounding disappointed.

“PLEASE SOMEONE!” The kid screams again.

“Virginia?” Alisha, Daniel, and I all say at once. I turn to face his direction.

“Are you talking about Kali?” Alisha giggles.

“I’ll explain later,” Oscar shook his head.

“Hey I think I see her. Looks like she is in a car and there are people trying to get in it,” Alex points in the direction of a red sedan. We all quietly make are way over to a flipped over fire truck.

“Think they’ve noticed us?” Alisha whispers.

“How many are there?” Oscar asks. I think he forgot his contacts.

“I can see five. Three by the car and the other two are squatting by a Toyota,” Daniel scopes out the scene.

“What is wrong with these people?” Alisha asks another question. I watch Alex and Oscar give one another a look.

“Wasn’t this just some kind of riot?” Daniel says.

“Did another nogger get shot,” I chuckle.

“Gez even now Steven,” Oscar laughs and shakes his head.

The kid’s screams break us from our conversation. The sound of glass cracking echos through the night.

“Well she’s fucked,” Oscar shrugs his shoulders with no sympathy.

“Looks like we don’t have much time,” Alex says.

“Awe s**t dawg,” I say. I see a fire axe hitched to the side of the turck. I pull it off making a loud creak. “Look at this s**t hahmie!” I hold it up in glory.

Alex turns up a sly grin, “Is there anything else?”

Oscar, Alex, and Daniel rummage through the trucks outside compartments.

They find 6 flares and a claw tool. Most of the compartments are locked. Alex wields the claw tool with a big smile.

“Any plans?” Daniel asks before we rush into this.

“F**k s**t up fam,” I say, ready to kick some a*s. I rush to the car and being yelling.

I can hear Alex yell, “Oh f**k it!” I hear a bunch of banging on cars behind me.

A man wearing a Nascar shirt turns away from the sedan and faces me. He seems to be in his 60s. His hands and mouth and covered in blood. He runs towards me. “Awe shiet, back up hahmie. Imma f**k you up if you don’t” I swing the axe to show I mean business. He lunges at me, I swing it again as hard as I can. With a loud crunch the axe becomes embedded in the man's shoulder. He staggers and I let go of the axe. He continues coming towards me, not even fazed by the axe that has almost cut off his arm.

“Come on dawg, give up.” I say backing up. He lets out a horrible gurgling sound.

© 2018 kali


Author's Note

kali
This is a work in progress I have been working on with a friend. I want honest opinions and feedback.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Ec4xDbFZu42BtGCApMW1LiQRml7yLZ8qBqfTM4awGPo/edit?usp=sharing
this is link to the google doc if anyone wants to leave comments.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

76 Views
Added on February 21, 2018
Last Updated on February 28, 2018
Tags: teen, apocalyptic, adventure

Author

kali
kali

richmond, VA