Life and times of Dr Mishra in Africa...........

Life and times of Dr Mishra in Africa...........

A Story by EVANS KANINI
"

A well-connected man, Dr Mishra is held in high esteem by African Presidents and high-ranking officials, particularly in the Kenyan government. He also addresses the plight of the souls of the earth

"
Dr Swarup Ranjan Mishra, viewed by many as the prince of progress in Africa, and possessed with the rare determination and commitment of expanding health institutions in the vast continent for the good and betterment of mankind, is a top and prominent Indian and Germany-educated obstetrician and gynecologist, now based in Eldoret town of Kenyas; Rift Valley province.

An enthusiastic, focused and upright medical personality, Dr Mishra endears himself to people of all cadres, despite his social status.

He has embarked on a spirited effort of expanding giant health systems in East and Central Africa.

The Medi-Heal hospital of which Dr Mishra is chief executive, has branches in Nairobi, Nakuru, Uganda and Rwanda.

His has been a remarkable feat that has been applauded by Presidents, top government officials and citizens, many of whom have nicknamed him prince of development.

Dr Mishra is both chairman of the Reproductive Health School of Medicine at the Moi University in Eldoret, and also chief executive officer of the Medi-Heal Group of Hospitals, which are scattered across the beautiful land of Kenya, as well as the East and Central African region.

These hospitals which Dr. Mishra started sometimes back, are very popular, owing to their capability of offering appealing health services at cheaper and affordable rates.

Thousands of people of all walks of life from the region have been benefiting from Dr Mishra's health facilities as history is made for the sake of the current generation and posterity!

Prominent personalities have toured some of the hospitals and welcomed the progress that has been witnessed there in just a short period of time with appreciation.

Dr Mishra, a talented entrepreneur through and through, is known and respected in medical and academic circles due to his creative genius in the business and medical arena.

A well-connected man, Dr Mishra is held in high esteem by African Presidents and high-ranking officials, particularly in the Kenyan government.

President Uhuru Kenyatta and his deputy William Ruto have recognized Dr Mishra's role in development in Kenya and beyond.

Rwandan President Paul Kagame has described Dr Mishra as a gift for Africa.

Socially, Dr Mishra is up to the mark and commands huge respect.

He speaks fluent Kalenjin language after having integrated with the indigenous people in Eldoret town for many years.

But Dr. Mishra fears nobody. However, he respects everybody, young and old, rich or poor, sick or healthy.

His commitment is in the service of mankind, which he offers with zeal, zest, vigor and vitality.

And whenever he handles his job, he does so with utter precision and sheer dexterity.

Always a welcoming person, Dr Mishra also has the underprivileged in his heart.

Many a times, he has assisted, and continues to assist the poor and the needy.

His noble achievements will be measured kindly by history, and yes, his legacy on health and development will live forever.

And despite belonging to the class of the rich, Dr Mishra does not confine himself to the cocoon of the haves.

He opens up to the ceiling of the have-nots as well!

Dr Mishra is a straight-forward personality.

He has no time for inefficiency, corruption, mediocrity, parochialism, bureaucracy and laziness.

Truth, justice and honesty are Dr Mishra's guiding lights and the tenets he strictly adheres to.

And despite the fact that he is an ambitious man who has achieved a lot in the medical world, defeat or a sense of loss, is not within his vocabulary.

Dr Mishra abhors defeat which would make him tumble down.

The sense of defeat which Dr Mishra so detests in his checkered career, has discouraged and brought down other giants throughout history.

V.S. Naipaul

It was the controversial British novelist and essayist of Indo-Trinidadian descent Sir Vidiadhar Surajprasad Naipaul, popularly known as V.S. Naipaul, who aptly and timely enlightened the world on the concept of defeat that affected many of his characters, leaving them wallowing in an aura of sheer disillusionment, in his epic book, "Miguel Street".

Vidiadhar Surajprasad Naipaul is the celebrated author of other such literary classics as, "A House For Mr Biswas", "The Suffrage of Elvira", "The Mimic Men", "The Overcrowded Barracoon", "Mr Stone and the Knights Companion" and "The Loss of El Dorado."

Back to Dr Mishra, success, sheer success, is his line of thought and pursuit, the axis around which he fixes his clear mind.

No doubt, Dr Mishra is one of the most efficient and committed doctors the world has produced.

It is through Dr Mishra and the health institutions he started from scratch sometimes back to assist mankind and the Souls of the earth, that the medical world is viewed with clarity and purified beauty, like a landscape reflected in the convex surface of an optical glass.

Press interview

In a candid interview with the media, Dr Mishra has asserted that ever since his hospital started offering fertility services to patients, the number of reported cases have been growing on a steady pace.

He says his number one interest is in attending to patients and looking for a panacea to their problems.

Dr Mishra does not attach importance to monetary gains that come with his treatment, for this is of secondary importance to him.

What are the major causes of infertility?

"Poor eating habits and lifestyle", Dr Mishra points out, as he exhorts Kenyans to address the sorry situation as a matter of priority without regarding it apathetically.

"When I started, most of my patients were female, but I am now glad that most male patients have resorted to visiting my clinic within the vicinity of the Aga Khan hospital, and in Eldoret town", the composed and eminent doctor states.

He attributes the success of his state-of-the-art health center to referrals by a growing list of patients from neighboring countries such as Uganda, Tanzania and Rwanda.

"I also attend to patients from South Sudan and Burundi. Prior to the opening of the clinics, scores of the patients used to travel to as far as South Africa and India for treatment", Dr Mishra asserts.

He is proud of the fact that the success of Medi Heal has been a great breakthrough to the benefit and advantage of mankind, as well as the governments involved.

"I treat 40 patients every six weeks. Out of this, fifteen percent are citizens from neighboring countries", he says, stressing that one of his major goals is to be visible in most sub-Saharan states, particularly in East and Central Africa.

Dr Mishra is also the chairman of the department of reproductive health at Eldoret's Moi university, located in the expansive Rift Valley province of Kenya.

And there is glowing uniqueness in his services to the people stemming from the fact that he does not charge consultation fees like many of his colleagues who do so, and get-rich-quick professionals in other fields

"The idea is not to make a quick shilling but to save people's lives", Dr Mishra who is also a philanthropist, avers.

He notes with appreciation that the government has saved millions of shillings in foreign exchange that many Kenyans would have spent on treatment abroad.

This is both a noble and inspiring idea.
 
And as Dr Mishra aptly demonstrates in his genius, a bright idea that comes forth, conceives even more brighter ideas.
 
One thing is crystal clear: Dr Mishra's indefatigable efforts in the service of the people is clearly poised to expand, and, more so, astronomically.

© 2014 EVANS KANINI


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

5983 Views
Added on December 9, 2014
Last Updated on December 9, 2014
Tags: medical personality, medical field, medical interests

Author

EVANS KANINI
EVANS KANINI

Nairobi, East Africa, Kenya



About
I am a Kenyan writer, specializing on a variety of human interest stories in general. I write on health, agriculture, democracy, human rights, governance and education. I do have a family constantly .. more..

Writing