Introduction

Introduction

A Chapter by karmic

 

INTRODUCTION April 9th, 2017, on the Day of the Devil's Tears, the world was engulfed with water. The rain-laden clouds blocked out the sun before releasing their heavy burden. The storm lasted six long, wet days. On the seventh day, eighty-five percent of the world’s dry land was under water.
Survivors all around the world worked together, trying to go on, despite their losses. Small towns formed in the few dry places. Governments fell, and the people grouped together, creating their own nations from states. New Jersey and Massachusetts were both renamed, perhaps because the inhabitants needed some hope in the turmoil they now faced. New Jersey became Jeramiah, and Massachusetts was called New Heaven. Both these places shared something. On DT day both Jeramiah, and New Heaven mysterious shields surrounding them.
Four years after the Day of the Devil's Tears, in the year 2021, New Heaven declared war on Jeramiah. It was a long and bitter war, with heavy losses on both sides. Both sides fought over resources and the satellites that still hovered over earth. After two years of fighting, the people of Jeramiah were infected with a plague, which they called "Crilof". No one knew where it came from, and had no chance to find out. Those infected with the virus found their bones horribly weakened as they encountered the harsh cold caused by Crilof. It is now May 11th, 2027, ten years after the Day of the Devil's Tears. The war between Jeramiah and New Heaven is still raging and the water still covers most of the world and Crilof has disappeared from Jeramiah.



© 2010 karmic


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

this is really good.... is this going to be a new book?

Posted 10 Years Ago


caught my attention easily.....im going to read on

Posted 12 Years Ago


One mistake found, "On DT day both Jeramiah[,] and New Heaven mysterious shields surrounding them." Take away the comma, and that's about it!
Interesting story-plot. It catches the readers interests quickly. I like how it's kinda like the end of the world. Gonna go ahead and read on :]
-Raiin^^


Posted 12 Years Ago


This Really Draws my attention in to read the book.

Posted 13 Years Ago


great start to a chapter. you definitely caught my attention

Posted 13 Years Ago


This sounds like it could be a captivating read with an interesting concept. I will definitely have to check it out. There were a few typos in here, which can be remedied easily enough. It creates a mystery and makes me think of the Great Flood in the Bible. Not bad at all.

Posted 13 Years Ago


You paint a very exciting picture of the story to come.

Posted 13 Years Ago


THis seems like a very interesting story but if yo can try to stay with the story "On DT day both Jeramiah, and Massachusetts" sould be "On DT day both Jeramiah, and New Heaven" other han that this is a very good starting chapter.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1008 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on February 17, 2010
Last Updated on September 22, 2010
Tags: Demons, Apocalypse, Supernatural, Angels


Author

karmic
karmic

new york, NY



About
MEN GIVE POWER TO GODS GODS GIVE POWER TO KINGS AND KINGS GIVE FREEDOM TO MAN SO WHO IS THE TRUE CREATOR? 1/8/10 .. more..

Writing
The House The House

A Chapter by karmic