Chapter One: Welcome

Chapter One: Welcome

A Chapter by Kasey M.C.
"

Enter if you dare, and welcome to the nightmare.

"
The year is 2006
"Mommy, does she really have to babysit me and Lillianne?" The Ten years old questioned her mother choice. Her clear, blue eyes looked up at her mother's pool, blue eyes.
Before, I go any further let me introduce myself. My name is Claire Sanders and I am the babysitter for the Anderson's. The Ten year old is named Caitlin Anderson and the 9 years old is named Lillianne. Their mother is named Susan Anderson.
"Yes, she does have to babysit you and your sister," Susan spoke. Caitlin crossed her arms over her chest.
"I don't need a babysitter, momma. I can take care of my sister and I just fine," she protested against her mother. I sat there amused of what she said.
"Oh really, Caitlin. So, you can clean the house, cook food, do the laundry, pay bills, get a job, and to top it all off play with your sister?" the mother gave Caitlin a questionable look."I'm so sorry, Claire for this everyday," she added. I put my hands up in a defeated motion.
"She amuses me so, it's fine." Caitlin stood there still trying to figured out how to answer her question.
"Caitlin, I don't have time for this. We will talk when I get home from work," with that said she left out out the door. The door quickly shut, and Caitlin turned her head to me, with a creepy smile on her face.
"Listen, Claire. You been our babysitter for how many years?" She does the math in her head indicating with fingers.
"I been your babysitter for four years."
"Yeah, for four years. This is your fifth year babysitting her and I."
What is her point? She's a little bit too sassy for me. Aren't Ten year old suppose to do homework or play with their electronics? I forgot it's the summer.
"Get to your point."
"Fine. We decided that we want to play some games with you," her creepy smile is still plastered on her face. 
What games do they want me to play? Bored games? Who is we because Lillianne looked like her eyes are going to burst out of her eyes sockets.
"Caitlin, who is we?"
"Me, Lillianne, and her imaginary friend." My eyes and mouth grew wide."You might want to close your mouth, Claire , before a fly buzz in there." I quickly closed my mouth.
Who does this girl think she is? What would happen if I don't want to play her little games?
"No thanks, I'll pass. Caitlin, just stick with finding your mother's answer." I leaned back against the couch while she was trying to find a comeback. Instead, she pulled me by my shirt.
"I didn't ask you a question. So, you are playing the game. If you don't then something bad will happen." 
Is she kidding me? Kids make up the stupidest things that I had ever heard. What could possibly go wrong?
"First, release your hand from my shirt," she had let go of my shirt."Second, I won't play your little games with you." She gave me the evil eye with that same smile on her face. I rolled my eyes at this kid.
Why do girls have to be this difficult to work with? She stomped away and murmured something under her breath. She turned around and look at me one more time.
"Don't say that I didn't warn you," She continued on of what she was doing.
My fingertips dug deep into the silk of the couch cushion. Breathe, Claire breathe. Lillianne watched me as I took deep breathes.
"She's mad, and hurt that you won't want to play with us," she spoke with fear in her eyes. At this point I felt sorry for her, but not that sorry.
"Caitlin didn't looked that mad."
"She warned you what will happen if you didn't play. So beware of her wrath," she giggled and skipped upstairs to her sister.
What's her problem now? She must follow after her sister. She don't have to though, but it's her life.
A huge sound had came from the backyard, which had startled me. F**k, my dog. I rushed to the backyard and there was Sandy lying on the ground. Tears started streaming down my face. 
"My....baby. Who did this to you?" I yelled out loud. My head turned around and there they both stood near the door with a shovel.
They done enough, and they are not touching my baby. I had Sandy for five years. She been here for me through thick and thin parts of my life. Not to mention, but she was a piece that was left of my mother. Now, she's gone. A child took my baby away from me.
My hands are still connected to her fur. My tears are now cover up from the heavy rain.
"See, I warned you," Caitlin said while Lillianne let out a small giggled."We are going to dig a hole for you to put your pet in it." They both walked away and started shoveling a hold.
"It's okay, Sandy. You're in a better place now," I picked her up and carried her to the girls. My head snuggled up against her wet fur. They both were done and I put her gently into the hole.
I cover Sandy up with dirt and soil. 
"Farewell to thee. I know one day we will meet again. Until we meet again," A moment a silence occurred.
"Until we meet again," they both spoke in unison. I walked in the house and took deep breaths. 
"Now, on to the games," Caitlin broke the silence between us.
"Can I grieve first?" 
"Go ahead," She and her sister walked off somewhere. I took a deep sigh.
Why would she go after my dog? She could of went after me. It's all because of a stupid game. What am I going to do? There's only onething to do. Play the game.
"Let the nightmare begin."
A/n: Indeed, let the nightmare begin.


© 2017 Kasey M.C.


Author's Note

Kasey M.C.
Please give me feedback on this chapter.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I like the over all idea of this. There seems to be something missing though. Like something that ties it all together. Over all the story line is great. I love me some creepy kids. Hahah
Description is what it needs. Seems rushed rushed with out it. Quick example "A huge sound had came from the backyard, which had startled me. F**k, my dog. I rushed to the backyard and there was Sandy lying on the ground. Tears started streaming down my face." How was the dog laying? Was he under a tree? Near the deck? Anything visibly wrong with the dog? Was he stabbed? was there blood?

I do believe you have a good thing going here. Ill wait to see more. Thumbs up!


Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

'"I been your babysitter for four years."
"Yeah, for four years. This is your fifth year babysitting her and I."

With editing this could be a truly entertaining first chapter. I want to know more, far more but am too aware of your scattered errors. Surely the first chapter to any book has to lure readers, then - keep them hooked . Yes?

With your story-telling talent and some hard editing, you can do just that. Wishing you much success - and more!

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I like the over all idea of this. There seems to be something missing though. Like something that ties it all together. Over all the story line is great. I love me some creepy kids. Hahah
Description is what it needs. Seems rushed rushed with out it. Quick example "A huge sound had came from the backyard, which had startled me. F**k, my dog. I rushed to the backyard and there was Sandy lying on the ground. Tears started streaming down my face." How was the dog laying? Was he under a tree? Near the deck? Anything visibly wrong with the dog? Was he stabbed? was there blood?

I do believe you have a good thing going here. Ill wait to see more. Thumbs up!


Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

246 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 23, 2017
Last Updated on April 23, 2017
Tags: Horror, chiller, games


Author

Kasey M.C.
Kasey M.C.

NJ



About
I love to read, write, take long walks, learning new ways to write, cleaning and organizing, anything that feels soft and Of course, dreaming. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..