Chapter One

Chapter One

A Chapter by Kasey M.C.
"

Larissa was kicked out of the hospital because of her behavior. She also felt guilty for what she should have done to save her wife's life.

"
"Hey Shay, I'm here with you and I will always be here for you. So, please wake-up from those illusions in your head. I need you and your whole family wants you to be okay."

Tears began to swell from out the corners of my eyes. Automatically, my hands wiped them away. I laid next to her stiff and useless body. She made no effort to move any parts of her body. The oxygen mask was hooked up around her long, wavy, dirty blonde hair to her nostrils.

"So Larissa," Dr. Jeff spoke while he looked at me as if I was crazy. "Look, you need to go home and take a break from this."

His dark brown hair with light brown highlights seemed to be geled back. Dr. Jeff's skin was tanned and his face was an oval shaped with dark blue eyes that illuminated in the bright white light of the room. He was dressed in his white and blue scrub shirt with white pants and black sneakers.

"No, I won't go because she needs me. I want to be here for her when she wakes up." His eyes were filled with sympathy, but I didn't need his pity. My head turned toward my baby's face. "Wake-up, Shay, please wake-up. Wake-up! Wake-up! Wake-up!" My hands violently shook her to get up, but it didn't work.

"Ms. Marks, you need to take a break. You are not in the right mindset to be with her right now. Please go and we will call you if anything happens."

"What I need right now is for her to wake the hell up. So, no, I'm not going anywhere," My anger had got the best of me.

I'm not going to leave her here by herself. I refuse to move. If I'm not here with her, it's like struggling without any air.

"You leave me with no choice. Security!" he yelled and stared at me while two buffed guys came in and grabbed me out of the room. I struggled for them to get off of me. They finally let go of me once we were outside of the hospital.

Now, what can I do to be closer to her? She can't see me like this, even though she has seen me like this before. She didn't like it so I guess I do need to take a break.

This is all my fault anyways, but I can't believe that she took a bullet for me. I would have done the same for her. I truly miss her, but she would want me to live my life.

My silver house key turned to the left and I opened the door and closed it once I entered my home.

Home, sweet home. Nothing had changed at all since I left. The living room was in perfect condition.

Our Flat screen TV is on the right side in the middle of the wall above the wood fireplace. Our green and flowery couch is in the middle of the floor, which faces the television. The coffee table is just a few inches away from the couch.

I made my way upstairs to our bedroom down the hall on the far left side. My feet quickly walked to my side of the bed and instantly I plopped down on the bed.

Ahhh, the sweet sensation of being comfortable in my bed. I'm never getting out of bed again, but I know that I'm going to have to get up soon.

We moved in our house over the summer. It isn't that big but we love it. The bed is on the right side of the room towards the middle of the wall. There are two night stands, one on each side of each side of the bed.

Maybe, I should get some shut eye? I should.

My eye lids soon began to grow heavy. So, I shut my eyes and my ears tuned out.

*******************************

September 08, 2015

Dear Diary,

Today, I have seen the most gorgeous woman that ever walked the planet.

She stepped into my life with this perfect smile on her face. Her beautiful, long, dirty blonde hair hid her round, small ears and half of her neck. Her baby blue eyes scanned the room full of people before they connected to my light brown eyes.

She made her way to the wide gray and brown desk with a computer on it and she got out the dark red notebook.

"When I call your name, please stand up and go to the front."

Even her voice sounded divine. Another teacher given us sign seats already?

The image of her lingered in my mind. Her straight hair that flowed below her broad shoulders, and eyes are still connected.

"Miss. Marks, are you with us?"

I briefly examined the room, and only half the class is at the front. So, I guess it's my turn to join them. My shoulders slouched when I strolled to the front with my stuff in my hands. She called some more people to report to the front with us.

Honestly, I don't know why she wants to sign seats for us. Half of them can't remember to bring in a pencil. Ugh, a few people just really grind my gears in this f*****g school.

Ms. Hall cleared her throat, bringing me back to reality. "Miss. Marks, must you not daydream in my class?" I nodded my head and she continued. "Good, then your seat is behind Alyssa. Alyssa, please raise your hand."

Alyssa's hand was up and my feet traveled behind her. Awkwardly, I sat in my seat while everyone paid attention to Ms. Hall's conversation.

Maybe, if I tuned in I can learn something new for once.

"Here you go," Alyssa passed out a card with her address and phone number on it.

"What is this?" I asked, referring to the card.

"That's an invitation to my party tonight at 8 o'clock. Be there or be square."

"Ms. Montez and Ms. Marks, what is so important that you girls are talking about that you two just interrupt my lesson?"

"Technically, Ms. Hall, you interrupted your own lesson to ask us that question," Alyssa, pointed out.

The class went wild and Ms. Hall calmed them down, then some guy, rattle them back up. That's when I saw Ms. Hall's face turned into a red tomato. Awe, she looked cute when she got embarrassed.

"Guys, calm the heck down," I finally spoke and they suddenly stopped and stared at me. "Thank you, and Ms. Hall, you may proceed."

"Thank you, Larissa. Normally Alyssa, I would have given you detention, but everyone starts off with a warning. Next time if you cause anything like this then again, you will be in detention with me."

"Whatever."

"Teacher's pet almost got Alyssa in trouble," A guy spoke and that instantly made me upset.

"How am I a teacher's pet? I came to school to get an education, not to be drama filled like the rest of you. No offense, Alyssa."

"None taking, Larissa."

The class fell silent for a few moments. The bell chimed above our heads. All at once, we moved onto our next class. I stopped to go talk to Ms. Hall.

"Ms. Hall, I'm sorry for disrupting the class. I'll try my best not to ever do it again."

"Keep working hard, Ms. Marks, and you will succeed in life," A smile made its way onto my face. "Thank you again , Larissa," I walked out of her class.

Sincerely Larissa Marks,

******************************

"I made it successfully because of you, baby. Now, I'm not afraid to risk it all for you. Please, God, bring her back to me. I miss her so much."

Here I am just talking out loud to myself like an idiot. My heart sinks every time when I mention her name. How can I live with myself knowing that I have put her in this position? I should have taken that bullet instead of her.

I closed my diary and put it away. As my eyes longed at my alarm clock, I realized that it was 5:15 am.

Alright, it's time to get up and do some work around the house. Even though, I don't want to, but I have to.

I let out a huge sigh as I got up from my bed. I walked downstairs and into the kitchen. The home phone started ringing and as I squinted my eyes were looking at the phone, I saw Dr. Jeff's number.

Beep: "Hey, Larissa, it's Jeff here. She still hasn't moved a bit since you left. Her heart seems to be fine and everything is normal. I'm sorry for the security mayhem, I just want you to get a break, and catch up on life. That's all, bye," beep.

Hmm...fourteen new messages that I should check, but I'm not going to. Only just one.

Beep: "Hi, Larissa. It's Alyssa speaking. How is she doing? I'll be over tomorrow and we can check on her together. I miss you both so much. Goodbye, love," beep.

I turned off my home phone and walked outside. The rush of the fresh air felt good on my fair skin. It smelled like hamburgers are on the grill somewhere.

Oh, how I miss the old days when Shay and I use to have our cookouts. It's ashamed that we had stopped because our music was too loud for the neighbors to handle. They called the cops on us for that stupid reason.

I can't believe Alyssa is coming over tomorrow. Maybe, I'm not ready for company just yet. It seemed like forever since I last saw her. After what happened with Shay, I'm use to being by myself. I don't know if I will ever be ready. My heart still belongs to her.

The sun was settling down, but I was still wide awake. I walked into the kitchen and opened the freezer door. Instantly, I grabbed the pint of vanilla ice cream. Desperate times called for desperate measures.

I pulled out my huge, silver spoon and ran upstairs to my room. I sat the pint of ice cream on the night stand. I closed the door shut and got wrapped up in my favorite covers.

Maybe, sleeping on her side of the bed tonight will help me feel more closer to her. I don't want to lose her, but if I do, I won't be able to live with myself anymore.

I reached for the remote to turn on the television, and searched for something to watch. I came across a romantic movie called The Lucky One with Taylor Schilling and Zac Efron.

Ahh, my favorite movie. I'm a sucker for the Nicholas Sparks novels and movies. Out of all of his works, The Lucky One and The Choice are my favorite movies.

I opened the pint of ice cream and started eating it. The cold sensation filled my mouth up with joy. Tears streamed down my face as the movie was coming to the end. The pain rushed through my head and I closed my eyes.

S**t. Brain freeze. F**k. I really hate these. It hurts like a b***h. Why me? Beth and Logan look so cute together though. Now, what should I do?

Should I peek inside her diary? That's invading her privacy and I need to respect that. She taught me that there are two perspectives on how you view things in life. I would like to see how she views us.

****************************

September 08, 2015

Dear Diary,

Today was an interesting day between Larissa and Alyssa. Larissa's daydreams are going to make her fall behind in class. Alyssa's attitude will get her nowhere in life. They are both bright students, but they have some things that they need to work on.

I believe that Larissa could be successful in whatever she does as along as she put her mind to it. As for Alyssa, she still has time to grow.

Anyways, the rest of the school day went pretty fast to me. Some cracks along the way, but they didn't break me. I don't and won't give up that easily.

Here I am just checking over my lesson plans at 8:35 PM. Wow, I have no life, but apparently Alyssa does. Blasting her music as if she was going deaf. I'm pretty sure her parents don't want her to have a party while they are gone. I'm going to check on her.

I walked and quickly put my shoes on. I checked myself in the mirror and started rehearsing on what I was going to say to her.

"Hey, Alyssa. Do your parents know that you are having a party?" No, that's not good enough. Let's try this again, Shay. "Hey, Alyssa. We should call your parents and tell them that you are having a party at the house," Third times the charm."Oh... hey Alyssa, I didn't see you there. Well... you just got busted for having a party while your parents are away. Sorry to say that they all have to go," much better, I guess.

I grabbed my jacket and keys while I had headed out of my house. I jogged towards Alyssa's plain black and white house. After a few moments of catching my breath and recollecting myself, I finally knocked on the door, and a guy with short cut blonde hair and dull blue eyes opened the door.

"Well, hello there beautiful lady," his husky voice didn't impress me at all.

"Out of my way," I pushed passed him to find Alyssa.

Eventually, I found Alyssa and a drunk Larissa. Alyssa, was giving them beer and wine. I pulled Alyssa to the side to have a reasonable conversation with her.

"Is that a wise decision to make?"

My voice questioned her over the booming beat of the music.

"What? I can't hear you over this sick a*s beat," she screamed and walked away from me.

First of all, the music isn't all that good. Second, she shouldn't have any alcohol here. Thirdly, her parents wouldn't allow this. Lastly, since she cut me out now it's my turn to cut her off.

I walked to the speaker and turned it off."Everyone out, now before I call the cops."

Everyone scurried out of the house while mumbling to themselves. Her facial expression was priceless, but I managed to hold in my laughter.

"Thank you for ruining the party."

"Do your parents knows that you are throwing a party with alcohol involved?"

"No, they don't know that and I would very much appreciate it if you don't tell them"

"I will think about it, but for now, clean this all up."

She walked around and picking up all of the trash from around the house. Larissa is drunk and she needed to be taken home. I walked to this beautiful, drunk girl.

"Hey, Ms. Hallll," she slurred her words while her breath reeked of alcohol.

I have to say that this dull, white light captured her perfectly. Her long, light brown hair outlined her round shaped head, and overflowing her shoulders. Her fairly, flawless skin glistens while her light brown eyes brighten to see me. I captured this moment with my phone's camera.

"My first name is Shaylynn. Please, call me that outside of school."

Her thick, smooth, nude lips curved into a smile."Can I just call you Shay?"

"Yes, you can. Come on, I'm going to take you home."

She hesitated at first, but she came along. We both got into my dark red Toyota Camry. We both got settled in before I started to drive.

"So, where do you live?" I broke the silence.

"1313 South Boulevard Avenue."

"That's 10 minutes away from school."

"Yes, I know. Hey, can I ask you a question?"

"Go ahead."

"Why did you take a picture of me?"

"I took a picture of you to capture your natural beauty."

I glared over at her to see her smiling from ear to ear. A smiled easily came upon my face while my eyes are on the road.

"May I see the picture?"

"When I stop at your house."

I turned on my radio and the song I Won't Give Up plays. She stared up at the stars from out of the window.

"You like to count the stars at night?"

"Yes, I do. I like to get lost in them as well."

Finally, we arrived at a medium, wide, brown and black house. I pulled out my phone and look for the picture. I showed her the beautiful picture I took of her. She smiled at the picture of her, then she left the car.

"Good night, Shay."

"Good night, my beautiful angel," those words quietly escaped my lips.

I quickly started the car back up and drove home. Slowly, the car pulls up to my driveway, and I turned it off. My feet quietly traveled inside of my house.

My night was alright, but now I just want to get lost in the stars.

Good night

Sincerely

Shaylynn Hall,

*****************************

I made myself comfortable on her side of the bed. My head snuggled against the pillow.

At least I found a new thing to feel closer to her. This is just a small crack in my life. Will I let it break me?

****************************

A/N: Did I put you in your feels yet?


© 2017 Kasey M.C.


Author's Note

Kasey M.C.
Her thoughts are in the present tense and the diary is in past tense.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I am wondering about the narrator and her language choices sometimes - she is clearly very upset about her friend in hospital and in my opinion everything she sees and does will be coloured but how she feels about her friend. One example I can give you is how she says 'home sweet home' would she really say this when she was so desperate to stay at the hospital. Little comments like this have a tendency to throw me right our of not only the character, but the story.

There is also a lot of TELLING in your story but I believe you can change it to SHOWING with some good old fashioned editing.

Also the dialogue in the diary throw me out. I would prefer to see a stream of consciousness here not a recount.

Nice start though, well done X

Posted 6 Years Ago


KWP

6 Years Ago

hahaha Kunoichi Warrior Princess of course X
Kasey M.C.

6 Years Ago

Lol, are you serious about that name?
KWP

6 Years Ago

yeah man of course I am :D :D :D why not ?

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

210 Views
1 Review
Added on August 25, 2017
Last Updated on August 25, 2017
Tags: TheDiaryEffect, Lesbian, Coma, Beautiful


Author

Kasey M.C.
Kasey M.C.

NJ



About
I love to read, write, take long walks, learning new ways to write, cleaning and organizing, anything that feels soft and Of course, dreaming. more..

Writing