George The Pigeon

George The Pigeon

A Story by Katrina Mckeown
"

Light hearted childrens story!

"

George the Pigeon, visited Mr and Mrs Kings garden as he did every morning for the breadcrumbs they put out for him. George collected worms from Mr and Mrs Kings garden also to take back to his chicks/nestlings and Betty his female companion.

"Here you are little-ones, soon you'll be able to fly!"
"Oh George said Betty, I hope so, as the Winter is just around the corner!
"Don't worry Betty, honey, I will take care of us all!"
" I know you will dear as you are such a good father and provider!.

Anyway a few days had gone by, and George went his usual rounds to collect food to take to his family, he went into Mr and Mrs Kings garden and noticed they have built what looked like a larger then usual Bird house to him. Getting excited and thinking how kind it was of Mr and Mrs King to make a nice warm place for him and his family to live through the Winter, George pranced around on top of the roof of his new home, admiring his new home.

"i'm so excited he said, can't wait to go and tell Betty and my nestilings about this!
And of he flew!

"Betty, Betty, guess what?!"
"Stop flapping George and tell me what it is !! "
"You'll never believe it!, Mr and Mrs King have built a lovely bird house in their garden!"
"Oh that's wonderful George, I knew I could depend on you to help us see this winter through, just as well our last nestling started to fly this morning, all six of our nestlings can now fly!"

Unaware to George and his family, Mr and Mrs King own a dog, and what George thought was a large Bird house was actually a Kennal for their Beagel dog called Harry. However George , Betty and their nestlings settled down for the night.

Next morning, Mr and Mrs King let Harry out into the garden and Harry made his way upto the top of the garden to investigate his new Kennal, he starts to Bark furiously as he finds the occupants of his new Kennal.


" Get out of my new Kennal Harry shouts to George, Betty and nestlings! Get out our i'll bite your heads of!"
George appologises to Harry immediatley. "I'm so sorry sir, I didn't know this was your house, I was just looking for a place to protect my family and keep them warm through the Winter!"
"So why don't you take a flight to a warmer climate then said Harry!"
"I can't expect to fly that distance with my young ones in tow Sir,George replied!
" Ok please stop calling me Sir, my name is Harry said the dog, what's your name?, my name is George the Pigeon replied!
Ok said Harry, now that we have the formalities out of the way, let me see theese young ones, aww I suppose they are very young chicks said Harry, so why don't we come to a compromise, i'll share my home with you!.


Ok great said George, what are the arrangements?
"Well started Harry, as I only use my home/Kennal during the day, you and your family may sleep here at night, though you must promise to vacate my premises by 8am in the morning, every morning. And don't go telling any of your friends about this or any of my kind, or i'll be made a laughing stock out of!!, Do I make myself Clear!!?

"Yes sir Henry, that's clear as crystal sir and thank-you so much!


 

© 2012 Katrina Mckeown


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Hi
I've not previously come across you or read any of your stories.
I see this one has been around for quite a while and I read it, basically because we are a bird feeding family
I am also a bit of a sentimentalist, loving dogs and birds and the good feeling of this brought a bit of a tear to my eye.
But don't tell anyone!
Very enjoyable

Posted 4 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Katrina Mckeown

4 Years Ago

Thank you, I promise I won’t tell anyone lol and yes I’ve been absent for a while .



Reviews

Hello Katrina. Thank you for your friendship. I have read both these lovely stories, The Mermaid and about George, the Pigeon. They are sweet innocent stories. They both made me smile and I really enjoyed them. Thank you.

Posted 4 Years Ago


Katrina Mckeown

4 Years Ago

Thank you very much Marie-Louise... and a Happy New Year ! 🙂
Marie-Louise.

4 Years Ago

Thank you Katrina. I am afraid I did not find your comment. It disappeared into the aether! Happy Ne.. read more
a sweet story.. one I can read to my grandson at bed time.. it's too bad humans haven't learned to co-operate quite as well as these two..

Posted 4 Years Ago


Katrina Mckeown

4 Years Ago

Thank you so much Olla.
Hi
I've not previously come across you or read any of your stories.
I see this one has been around for quite a while and I read it, basically because we are a bird feeding family
I am also a bit of a sentimentalist, loving dogs and birds and the good feeling of this brought a bit of a tear to my eye.
But don't tell anyone!
Very enjoyable

Posted 4 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Katrina Mckeown

4 Years Ago

Thank you, I promise I won’t tell anyone lol and yes I’ve been absent for a while .
Thought-full... left a smile behind.

Posted 4 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Katrina Mckeown

4 Years Ago

Thank you .
Thankyou alifeacustic for your very kind review ☺

Posted 8 Years Ago


Aww, kids would love these stories. Hope you tell them to your kids/nieces/nephews/others :)
I love the simplicity of educating kids as you entertain and this is a brilliant story to tell about sharing and making new friends. Superb.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is adorable. I liked how you mAintained the story telling vibe. Quite nice :3 I hope you continue it :3

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I think writing for the little ones is a hard task. You have done wonderfully here.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is a very nice story for children, though you need to give some attention to punctuation and spelling. I like the idea of the compromise at the end, as it ties things up i a satisfactory way and teaches a lesson in sharing.

Posted 11 Years Ago


I love the way your story unfolds so visually... it would make a perfect picture storybook! So beautifully told... :)

Posted 11 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

537 Views
12 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 21, 2012
Last Updated on June 27, 2012

Author

Katrina Mckeown
Katrina Mckeown

West Lothian , United Kingdom



About
I try to write inspirational poetry....short poems mainly... though I do write other light hearted stuff too...I have just started writing again recently and I hope most of you will view and honestly .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


silence silence

A Poem by Fate