Mistress

Mistress

A Story by Kate Wing
"

Written in 2006 and based on the ramblings of a friend.

"

Who am I, you ask. I have many names but no actual name. I am the mistress of the night, creator of dreams, and overseer of nightmares. If it is my desire I will seal away your dreams and reduce your nightmares to whispers of uncertainty.

 

As you lie awake in a pathetic attempt to fool only yourself, I will come to you and you will be powerless. You will be powerless to stop me from completing my task, from taking that which I last desire. I will already have those components of your soul and all that is left for me is your thoughts.

 

 

As you sit there watching me, waiting for a move, you do not realise, I already have what I want. Little do you know that you have already freely given your thoughts to me.

 

 

After all, it is I that haunt your memories, that you see glimpses of in your future. I am the one you chase but never catch. I am the one that is at the centre of all your thoughts without you realising I'm there.

 

Who am I? I'm your worst nightmare, sweetest dream and consumer of all thoughts. I am your poison and your antidote at the same time. I am the mistress of the night, owner of your soul.

© 2008 Kate Wing


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Hmm. Disturbing, in a way, but l liked it - reminded me an "inner voice" type thing. l found it flowed a little too fast for me - l think the use of you, which to me is usually for more emotionally intense, in-your-face writings, but overall nicely done - my favorite line was " If it is my desire I will seal away your dreams and reduce your nightmares to whispers of uncertainty." - powerful, and imaginative. loved the description. and honestly the only nitpick l have is the use of "you". aside from that... well done.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

106 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on February 25, 2008
Last Updated on February 27, 2008

Author

Kate Wing
Kate Wing

DE, Australia



Writing
Consumed Consumed

A Story by Kate Wing


Waste Waste

A Story by Kate Wing