Shadow Boy

Shadow Boy

A Story by Kate Wing

 

He stood there; he knew she would walk past this corner at any moment. This was where he had first met her.
 
There she was, she hadn’t noticed him yet. He reached out a hand and gently pulled her into the shadows. She swung around to face him, he heard a sudden intake of breath when she realised it was him. She reached a hand towards his cheek as if to check it was him. He encircled her waist with his arm and pulled her close. She placed her hand on the back of his neck and pulled him into a passionate kiss.
 
They floated out of their kiss, with neither of them needing to pull out of it. He looked into her light drenched face and became aware that the shadows concealed his feelings as well as his expression. He then felt his heart beating faster, he felt the urge come over him. The sudden urge to state the obvious.
 
“I love you.” He said as he held her close. He was sure she would be able to hear his heart beating. She rested her head against his chest and he heard her gentle murmur, “I love you too.” For a split second everything in the world was perfect.
 
He felt her straighten up and support her own weight. He couldn’t remember how long they had stood there, but he was aware they both had places they had to go. He carefully released her. He watched her walk away from him. His heart felt like it was breaking as he watched her look over her shoulder. He quickly reminded himself that they would be together again, but he still felt a twinge of regret that she had walked away so soon.
 
He locked eyes with her for one last time as she walked around the next corner. He stood there for a while longer. No one noticed him standing there in the shadows. Finally he remembered that he had a place he was meant to be. He removed himself from the shadows and walked off in the opposite direction to her. He looked back over his shoulder, but he had no one standing there watching him walk away.   

© 2008 Kate Wing


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

100 Views
Added on February 25, 2008

Author

Kate Wing
Kate Wing

DE, Australia



Writing
Consumed Consumed

A Story by Kate Wing


Waste Waste

A Story by Kate Wing