Moments-end to beginning

Moments-end to beginning

A Poem by Kathy Van Kurin
"

My simple spontaneous write with one hour to the changing of the year; 2016 to 2017.

"
Moments-
End to beginning.
2016 to 2017.

Moments within coming year, why fear them? Time is not static but fluid and by it's very nature forgiving- Jesus forgives. One moment at a time, let us live! Let us know love, give our hearts, our listening ear. These things are beyond cost and so much more lasting than any dollar. 
Will we care-when death calls, about this dollar, this  greenback? Will it call our name or hold our hand when we need a friend? Jesus  Christ, Son of God you will call our names! Moments have come and gone and will again. Opportunities within each second- to breath, dream and just be.This is grace! For in these things we all find our being sustained and can sustain one another. 

No guarantee of health, love, or fortune but we have today and this is glorious! What glory to cry; to feed with our tears the glory of our very souls. God loves us and chooses to indwell those who call on His name. Share my joy and I'll share yours. Share my pain and I'll share yours. Understand me as I understand you. 
Even in this- is the solitary vulnerability of human interaction but interact we must! Our survival emotionally, physically, even globally depends upon it 
 Run with me! Throw off the old year's heavy cloak- even now it is dissolving into the grey mists of the past. Take on, be caught up, in the massive wild sway of changing winds now pushing us onward.
Let us be warriors together; whether in silent contemplation or outspoken lifting of the voice. I pray we all grasp the hands of life in our own and say I love you for who you are! Within its challenges and gambles we can take chances and with acceptance of others gifts to us simply nod in humble recognition of life still given, still alive. I say: Holy God help me to live in gratefulness and in acknowledgement of your everlasting love and favor and for freeing me from sin's bondage!.
So bring it on! Let's go! Hello 2017!
Kathy Van Kurin January 1, 2017

© 2020 Kathy Van Kurin


Author's Note

Kathy Van Kurin
I had a little trouble with the format positioning so finally submitted regardless. Thanks for any input.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

How inspiring it would be.. and comforting, if this were hung on every public wall, worldwide.

'Time is not static but fluid and by it's very nature forgiving- '

Your words are wise and comforting; they urge us to search for more.. and less; they nudge us to sweet dreams and gentle actions.

'Even in this- is the solitary vulnerability of human interaction but interact we must! '

Each year those who want to, check their finances, tighten their lips and belts, then - make long lists as to how to rake in yet more assets. The rot sets in: too little time to spend with family; too little time to walk a while; . too little time in which to find that extra touch of love that exists in its various forms, according to creed.

'Run with me! Throw off the old year's heavy cloak- even now it is dissolving into the grey mists of the past.'

Sorry.. too lon. Yet again, your words have dove inside me, made sad thoughts evaporate. This newly arrived year is the birth of an innocent newborn. Is Mankind to keep it beautiful... or, all gods forbid . convert it too quickly into the most ugly?

Listen carefully, Kathy, please. Can you Hear the thank you, hear the cheer, hear the laughter. Signed - 2017.

Posted 7 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Kathy Van Kurin

7 Years Ago

Emmajoy,
Your response is lovely and beyond my comprehension (almost) for it is the joy of he.. read more
emmajoy

7 Years Ago

Realise I typed too much but found so many beautiful phrases and inspiration. A wonderful piece, Kat.. read more
Kathy Van Kurin

7 Years Ago

Emmajoy,
You write whatever you want. It's what you do!! Loved it very much. Honest help.. read more



Reviews

WOW! This is inspirational writing! I'm impressed on many levels . . . to write something timeless is rare when the new year is upon us (most sentiments deal with current state of affairs) . . . to write about the specifics of one's faith & not having it sound one bit preachy, but fully enthusiastic as to be alluring simply by virtue of the idea that we want some of what you're drinking -- to me, this is the crux of successful inspirational writing about ANYTHING one is passionate about -- making the reader want to try it becuz it looks so good on you -- the ultimate in SHOW instead of tell! (((HUGS))) Fondly, Margie

Posted 4 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Kathy Van Kurin

4 Years Ago

Hi Margie!
I see you changed your profile picture back to what you had before at least I thin.. read more
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
LSS
There is a certain bravery found in someone introverted enough to correctly analyze themselves before others and especially before God Himself. How can any of us improve ourselves without viewing our inner sinful man, and seeing the waste and greed within that allows this world to dominate our lives and prevents us from ever knowing the peace that comes from knowing Him; who created us to bring honor and glory to His name. He who loved us enough to forgive us our sins and even pay the penalty of our sins - death in our place. 2 Corinthians 5:21 -- Now regarding your formatting, I remember another author who wrote in Philippians 3:7-16, how much he lacked still in his life and realized that only in renewing his relationship with the Lord could he find true direction for the days to come. Well written from another layman's perspective. Let this year become another year to live within God's joy.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Kathy Van Kurin

6 Years Ago

LSS,
Tickled to find your review some months after the fact. Goodness! Sorry about that. Well.. read more
Kathy, I totally agree with your sentiment. Each breath is a gift. Let's not squander them. Good write

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Kathy Van Kurin

7 Years Ago

Ted Kniffen,
To remind is the key. Can we take for granted one breath to the next. We can but.. read more
This is a lovely message of both strength and renewal - yes when we realise that time is fluid and really what we have is the now we can truly learn to break free the shackles and be right there, with outselves, with loved ones, right in the moment.

Nice work Kathy X

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Kathy Van Kurin

7 Years Ago

KWP,
Oh I love your thinking and know it is so true...What we have is right now........How fr.. read more
Amen! after reading this I bring back the glory, honor, adoration, highest praises to Jesus and only Jesus alone!

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Kathy Van Kurin

7 Years Ago

CAPOLAVORO,
Amen. I like the way you began your response! It means "so be it" It is so wonder.. read more
CAPOLAVORO

7 Years Ago

God bless you always and your family Kathy. You and your family are in my prayers. :)
Kathy Van Kurin

7 Years Ago

CAPOLAVORO,
I am touched by hearing your kind words. It is so nice to know that you understan.. read more
Hopeful and beautiful words shared dear friend.
"Let us be warriors together; whether in silent contemplation or outspoken lifting of the voice. I pray we all grasp the hands of life in our own and say I love you for who you are! Within its challenges and gambles we can take chances and with acceptance of others gifts to us simply nod in humble recognition of life still given, still alive. I say: Holy God help me to live in gratefulness and in acknowledgement of your everlasting love and favor and for freeing me from sin's bondage!."
I agree with the words above. Had the feel of a beautiful prayer. Thank you for sharing the amazing poetry.
Coyote

Posted 7 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Kathy Van Kurin

7 Years Ago

Thank you Coyote,
i hope with time I become more gracious, accepting and thankful just becaus.. read more
Coyote Poetry

7 Years Ago

You are welcome dear Kathy. I return the hopeful blessings.
What a way to start off the new year! Great motivational message, and don't worry about the formatting.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Kathy Van Kurin

7 Years Ago

Clifford,
This poem for some reason was just like a stream of consciousness. It literally flo.. read more
so who cares about the format?! ;) the message blesses me ...well said ... what a way to spend the "dropping of the ball" ... funny how we put that isn't it ...we all drop the ball and have need .. for God, forgiveness and guidance ..well said Kathy ..really appreciate this uplifting vignette
E.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Kathy Van Kurin

7 Years Ago

Einstein,
Well I think format helps to present a personal message but sometimes it is just w.. read more
Einstein Noodle

7 Years Ago

and thank you Kathy ..
This is good. welcome 2017

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Kathy Van Kurin

7 Years Ago

Cassie,
I like that, yes welcome 2017. Thanks for reading my poem and bless you this day and .. read more
Cassie

7 Years Ago

Thank you Kathy, i receive the blessings in Jesus name. You know by reading your words it is like yo.. read more
Kathy Van Kurin

7 Years Ago

ooohhhh.............Life is so good and we know why. Jesus makes ALLthedifference!!
Thanks Ca.. read more
I love this Kathy! What a beautiful start to the new year! Nay His blessings surround you and grant you peace. ~Sharon

Posted 7 Years Ago


Kathy Van Kurin

7 Years Ago

Miss Sharon,
You know the very fact I am receiving and enjoying human interaction and hopeful.. read more
Miss Sharon

7 Years Ago

You are most welcome. ~SP

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

916 Views
19 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on January 1, 2017
Last Updated on February 7, 2020
Tags: moments, friend, human, love, past, voice, warriors, share

Author

Kathy Van Kurin
Kathy Van Kurin

OR



About
Everything in and about me has become materiel to ponder, analyze and find meaning and beauty. This life journey is all about revealing lessons many times hidden until dug up and planted then finding .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Sirius Sirius

A Poem by Giulia King