Watch Me Rain (Seasons of growth and dormancy)

Watch Me Rain (Seasons of growth and dormancy)

A Poem by Kathy Van Kurin
"

Casting off fear within life seasons.

"

      Watch Me Rain (Seasons of growth and dormancy)   



Watch me rain. This soul is full of racing clouds. Will we rain together, you and I?

     All ready our storm approaches. I tremble and yield my heart beat to yours.

    We are seeds, you and I. Soil and rain living together.


Do you feel the sun warming? We are sprouting.

Snail’s progress, minced steps of tenuous awareness.

If we grow the hiding is over. Are we ready?

To cry, laugh and run with the winds; Adventure is sure to come


Our eyes will be open. Remember, we have sprouted.

    The darkness of dormancy is no longer real.        Is there rest in growth? Not always.


We are caught in our own wind. We sway in every gradual swell against our souls.

 My life is tethered. If not I would be washed away in my own tear drops or yours.


Your eyes look like mine. Mine are blue yours hazel.

 Your eyes are like the Glass surface of water bowl spread.

 

We share its common mirror.

We wave the surface for now, only for now; Not too expansive our winds.

Waving our strength, to the thrum of life, our quiet shadow place is gone.

 We are no longer seeds.


Now is the time to forget the past and simply yield to the future.

Let us throw off our tiny seed home and the darkness of soil’s old dormancy.

It is so confining, now we have outgrown our old seed’s shell.


Even now the memory is fading.

Shall we welcome the new?

© 2017 Kathy Van Kurin


Author's Note

Kathy Van Kurin
Life's growth is different within seasons of our lives but we share so much in common.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This poem gave me insight into my own writing. Two of my favorite characters are friends when they are very young, but a "season" of their lives comes when they grow into lovers as well. Your words are appropriate for the hesitant time when they gradually discover this. Your description of blue eyes and hazel eyes is even appropriate! But my take on the subject is prosaic; yours finds expression in insightful and well expressed poetry. Exquisite!

Posted 6 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Kathy Van Kurin

6 Years Ago

Jennie Baron,
You are a wonderful writer and I know that you love to do it! To have your comm.. read more



Reviews

Out if the comfort zone is where we grow- sometimes we are ahead or behind others and not always on the same level both physically and spiritually- if we grow at the same speed then there’s s better understanding but then again what makes sense to me might be foreign to you- growth requires a new me or you - only thing we can be sure of is change- it comes sooner or later- we need to learn to accept and not fight it- all happens as it should- wonderfully written🌹

Posted 5 Years Ago


Kathy Van Kurin

5 Years Ago

Rose Petal,
I loved your analysis in above review! I was just thinking that a quiet inner acc.. read more
‘Thoughts In Time’🌹

5 Years Ago

Blessings returned in abundance- beautiful words like always- always a pleasure🌹🌹
"To everything there is a season" and as one turns into another we can flow with it and grow..beautiful descriptions within each line..lovely work..Kathy..

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Kathy Van Kurin

5 Years Ago

Fran Marie,
So right. Seasons of life do move and change. Better to flow then to become bogge.. read more
"Will we rain together, you and I?
All ready our storm approaches.
I tremble and yield my heart beat to yours.
Do you feel the sun warming?"

Such a beautifully arousing love poem this truly is, Dear Kathy … you've definitely opened your feminine flood gates and lowered your inner veil herein this splendidly rendered piece.

Closing mental eyes, I opened my mind to breathe-in the tenderly captivating complexity of that which formed and swam out from your mind, heart, and soul into my own, as if the words had spoken solely unto me … and, I floated upon them, along with them, swept and carried through your wondrous, metaphorical journey of seasons' life, love, desires, wonders, cravings, openings, blossomings forth … undulating rhythms of sensations glowing, surging, caressing … one could well near write a living, breathing tome from effulgent streams of sweet consciousness spanning between us, up and down, across the page.

One cannot help becoming lost in You, Kathy, through the enthralling timbre and irresistible lure emanating from such engaging mental, emotional, spiritual arousals a'glow in your words … "Watch Me Rain", indeed … goodness! ⁓ Richard

(what a brilliant accompanying picture, too!)

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Kathy Van Kurin

6 Years Ago

Richard,
You have a gift for looking deeply into a writing. It is refreshing to see this love.. read more
Richard🖌

6 Years Ago

Some things, Kathy, embrace one's senses.
I love the idea of a relationship beginning as seeds in the darkness of the soil. Then the sprouting, then throwing off the tiny seed home in the dark. And I think the last two lines at the end are clever, positively looking forward, not back. This is a very inspiring and hope-full poem.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Kathy Van Kurin

6 Years Ago

Thank you very much. Staying in a place of strength for another does not come but by some pain and s.. read more
Great Aunt Astri

6 Years Ago

Well done you! :}
I like your philosophical approach. You give your readers some much relevance to think about; and that is a good thing. The meaning of life, of love, of beauty, of faith and creativity, these are things we as writers and poets need to teach and inspire others about. Because I do believe in the divine, prophetic role of poets to be the people's voice for the voiceless.

WELL DONE

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Kathy Van Kurin

6 Years Ago

BlakPrince,
Thanks so much for your effort to share from the depths of your feelings: to inte.. read more
This soul is full of racing clouds. Will we rain together, you and I?
Every comparison made in this poem is beautiful. Your poems are a delight to read! I get to learn so much.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Kathy Van Kurin

6 Years Ago

Zubia,
what a nice review! I like to think that we can all learn from each other in this lif.. read more
zubia

6 Years Ago

Certainly we can learn a lot from each other. Enjoyed your work! :)
what a delightful journey of paths entwined and a journey most yet fully explored. wonderful words and connection of emotions and actions. I really enjoyed your work.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Kathy Van Kurin

6 Years Ago

Hi chrisbe,
We people are nothing if we are stagnant. Growth is the best thing, dont'cha thin.. read more
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
.
Your author's note says it all.....Life and the seasons share a certain symbiotic relationship; the seasons come and go, all nature withers and rises, and we do the same as we journey through our lives.

I appreciate the self reflection and wisdom coursing throughout this write. As always, you look at the world around you with clear vision and a wondering mind.

Merry Christmas, Kathy. I hope you have a joyous festive season. Thank you for your visits to my page over the past year.

Posted 6 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Kathy Van Kurin

6 Years Ago

Doodley,
Don't we all have fun?! Reading and reflecting on the thoughts and feelings of one a.. read more
It's odd... when I read your poems, I have to take a breath and close my eyes after each stanza, so I can absorb all of the imagery. I certainly feel a storm brewing; perhaps the electricity that occurs on the verge of change? Maybe a new relationship or a new start in life? *2nd stanza* mmmm, the touch of a smile maybe, and the question, "are we ready?" holds anticipation as well as trepidation. Ugh, for sure, its always so touchy at the beginning, almost like I want to stay but will bolt at the first sign of trouble *3rd stanza* The delicacy of fresh blooms and buds against the violent torrent of steady growth... will they survive? *4th stanza* isolated against the world, caught in our own, completely submerged by the tidal of love and life, perhaps the feelings are so overwhelming that we need to withdraw ourselves to the safety within *5th stanza* twin souls, mirror reflections of each other, only knowing the difference between them by subtle changes in temperature and depth, moving in harmony once again... *6th stanza* here, is almost a question, "should we take on the world together?" it seems like they acknowledge that they are fledgling, yet there is that youthful boldness that yells loudly from the safety of shelter. *7th stanza* yearning to stretch, to turn faces up to the sky and breathe deeply, outstretching arms, maybe even flamboyantly making eye contact with anyone who dares. We are here and everyone can just eat their hearts out! *8th stanza* With the courage gained through perseverance, we ask "what's next?"

Kathy, well done. I always love your poetry. You take me on such pleasant journeys

Posted 6 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Kathy Van Kurin

6 Years Ago

D. Connolly,
Your thinking is just wonderful! It was just a joy to read your thoughtful and d.. read more
This poem gave me insight into my own writing. Two of my favorite characters are friends when they are very young, but a "season" of their lives comes when they grow into lovers as well. Your words are appropriate for the hesitant time when they gradually discover this. Your description of blue eyes and hazel eyes is even appropriate! But my take on the subject is prosaic; yours finds expression in insightful and well expressed poetry. Exquisite!

Posted 6 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Kathy Van Kurin

6 Years Ago

Jennie Baron,
You are a wonderful writer and I know that you love to do it! To have your comm.. read more

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1340 Views
32 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on October 20, 2017
Last Updated on November 19, 2017
Tags: rain, growth, dormancy, heart, you, I seeds, soil, sun, sprouting, progress, awareness, cry, laugh, run, winds, adventure, eyes open rest, growth sway, swell souls, life, washed, ear frops

Author

Kathy Van Kurin
Kathy Van Kurin

OR



About
Everything in and about me has become materiel to ponder, analyze and find meaning and beauty. This life journey is all about revealing lessons many times hidden until dug up and planted then finding .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..