Night Light

Night Light

A Poem by Kathy Van Kurin
"

I live in God's Fir Tree Forest Garden. All around standing at attention are the Douglas Firs. They are all ready beautiful but when the moon comes out to play...Look out! I know we can all identify.

"

Night Light

 

Sometimes, with the arrival of night, sleep will not come. 

All is anticipation, waiting and watching.


 Like a great and beautiful paper lantern glowing in obsidian night.

 For it, this soul longs and waits. 


I find comfort in gentle glowing presence of warm peace. 


Luna arches through the sweet velvet heavens and leaves her blessed reflection. 

I revel in long stretching luminous projection against my own backyard.

 It is metamorphosis. 


Nothing is left but wonders, to gaze transfixed, wide eyed at beautiful night magic. Where are the angels? Do they wonder at my joy?


 How does it feel to observe a mortal being, in awe? I am in awe every time.

 Over and over, a renewed experience. 

These eyes rejoice!


Late and later, sleepy eyed but still I search and quest.

 Every corner and tree top spire is new glossy covering.

 So like a little child, wanting to stay, not missing a so special treat. ? 


I am so thirsty!  Can I have another drink of moonlight? 

The canopy above releases glow upon glow in refined perfection’s projection.

 Late night streamers unite in silvery silhouette; a black light show!


 Where did the time go, fleeting heart-beats ticking? 

 My inner soul sees through physical vision phenomenon.

 Clockwork moonlight comes and will again.


 Again glory’s night light will hold me in close caress. 

We will meet gazing face to face. 


Bathe me in your moon light. 

This heart will await your glowing signal.


Bright night candle.


Kathy Van Kurin July, 2018

© 2018 Kathy Van Kurin


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I have a poem not yet posted here where I say Sth like drinking and bathing in moonlight for I'm a fervent lunar lover so I found your version ESP entrancing as my senses delve and indulge into your night magic poetry. You muse eloquently my poetic friend, I hope to read from your ink a lifetime. Kudos.
And warm greetings.
You may read my newest, my poetry is lucid though, as English is not my mother tongue, yet there are those who say I write good for an easterner with English as a second language so I go on spurred by that.

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Kathy Van Kurin

5 Years Ago

You know everyone finds the night sky with it's starry host and of course moonlight to be pretty awe.. read more



Reviews

dearest Kathy... in the Winter we so often see a dark turquoise sky
like midnight blue... yet turquoise true. We may see Venus the evening Star...
It warms our soul that rests like the Moon sometimes smiling and sometimes full.
Lovely poetry that plays like a Lullaby. So beautifully rendered. Pat


Posted 4 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Kathy Van Kurin

4 Years Ago

Patricia Wedel,
Oh, how I enjoyed your creative expression of how you feel about our incredib.. read more
Kathy,
I am in awe of your peaceful writing that create's such rich imagery. Your skill's of description are outstanding. Your poem;s are psalm's to nature. I realize your strong relationship with Christ and this aids your powerful observance of God's creation. You are the best at what you write. God's gift in you will only manifest itself more abundantly.
Peace and Blessings,
Richie b.

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Kathy Van Kurin

5 Years Ago

richieb,
It's so nice to receive some words of encouragement- words like yours are so wonderf.. read more
So much peace in this poem


Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Kathy Van Kurin

5 Years Ago

Cassie,
I think that peace is such a sought after entity. Hard to find when we look to hard .. read more
There is something exciting about the big night light in the sky.
Just being alone with your own thoughts running through your mind.
I think it's at that time you really feel part of the earths meaning.


Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Kathy Van Kurin

5 Years Ago

Paul Bell,
Yes, it's like there clues within the silence and the velvet twinkling beauty and .. read more
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
.
Musing in the moonlight....something we all have done at sometime or other.

While I agree with you that the light of lunar is very majestic, it is the silence of the night that appeals to me more. It aids peace of mind and clarity of thought, away from the hustle and bustle of the daylight hours. In such moments one can truly muse deeply and find answers to the questions they have.

Another descriptive piece of writing; visual and written in your usual tone of wonderment for all things on this Earth. Nice work.

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Kathy Van Kurin

5 Years Ago

Doodley,
yes, thank you. You are right the quiet and peace is condusive to the pondering whic.. read more
the awe and respect for the moon shines through and through your "Night Light" ...and i love the title by the way ... it brings out the child in me ... ;)
i am up very early most of the time...my dogs like to go out at 2, 4 and 7 am ... i love being awake and taken outside by them .. such glory the moon and stars .. really like your ".... sweet velvet heavens " ...so tactile and emotive .. nice one Kathy!
E.

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Einstein Noodle

5 Years Ago

addicted to loving my dogs .. that's our older one, Bella in my avatar ;) we also have a little boy .. read more
Kathy Van Kurin

5 Years Ago

I am getting ready right now to take my, 'Violet' out and about. she is more excited than I am....H.. read more
Einstein Noodle

5 Years Ago

:) .........................
Lovely vision. I love a night sky. It is easier on my eyes.

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Kathy Van Kurin

5 Years Ago

"Lovely vision- yes it was. I get what your saying. Nightime stars and moon and all are gentle and s.. read more
Jon Roggie

5 Years Ago

This reminds me of another story.
The night lights are a wonder to behold..I like the thought of bathing in the mysterious glow of the moon..and to ponder all that is ..lovely poem so well written..

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Kathy Van Kurin

5 Years Ago

It's interesting that the night was waiting to be a special occasion and I was so thirsty for somet.. read more
The wonder of the moon and the anticipation thereof are reflected physically and spiritually in your magical observations. So serene are the thoughts that come to your kind. A handful of lunar rays will cause some to dream free . All rich blessings.

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Kathy Van Kurin

5 Years Ago

Sami,
We people are so easily swayed when it comes to our tendency to be spurred on by things.. read more
Sami Khalil

5 Years Ago

All true. You are welcome, Kathy.
Very creative, Kathy, You give us a glowing look at a moon-kissed somnambulation somewhere between wake and sleep when time seems to stand still and the night takes on animation. I love the night, too, when I can let my imagination travel back to kiss a cheek of my childhood girlfriend or revisit the glass and steel canyons of the city that lurches and rumbles to match my own imaginings. You are gifted. Keep 'em coming.

Posted 5 Years Ago


bigfootprint

5 Years Ago

You are very gracious. Sounds like you would make somebody a really great BFF.
Kathy Van Kurin

5 Years Ago

I I try to remember that Jesus my Savior loves me beyond imagining. I can't imagine how A God Like T.. read more
bigfootprint

5 Years Ago

Nothing human is more endearing than a fellow follower of Christ.

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1081 Views
22 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 9, 2018
Last Updated on September 10, 2018

Author

Kathy Van Kurin
Kathy Van Kurin

OR



About
Everything in and about me has become materiel to ponder, analyze and find meaning and beauty. This life journey is all about revealing lessons many times hidden until dug up and planted then finding .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..





Compartment 114
Compartment 114
Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5