It's A Surprise

It's A Surprise

A Poem by Kathy Van Kurin
"

Hope

"

December 31, 2018, reflections within my visit to the Grotto, Portland Oregon

Hope for the coming year- 2018

It’s a surprise.

We are the recipients of goodness designed to be marked with inner delight. What are we to do? Forever birth within our souls, are very lives Tears of release because of beauty designed to receive the inspiration of God’s hovering and His loving, living Spirit.

Oh God, your lifting swirling enlivening presence sings goodness. To we little children and we are your own little ones why else do we shed tears, absorb the blue of your heavens, look into the eyes of others and say, ‘” I love you?”  Yes, hugs are meant to be received and given. Open arms and openness of word, of smiles, of time. We respond slowly or with timing so sudden it brings astonishment. Oh, God be born in us. Jesus you came as an innocent little baby: Living, breathing, crying speaking, singing and giving.

You desire to bring to each human being a born again new life of renewed heart. No more dead stone hearts for you but loving, beating warm gifts of new hearts.  We wait. All humanity has always waited. You, Holy One came to show us how and why you gave us life. It can only be given away. You created the world and waited and then within the single heart beat within a willing obedience of Mary of old, we could identify with your humanness and yours with ours.

Yes life is made anew and every soul can be astonished and dance with joy at the birth you have brought to grow within any who will say, “Jesus save me and make this lost one new.”  Another new life is born into your family of perfect kingdom perfection.  Every lost one can, was and is able to be brought from death to life. So with every infilling of your precious perfect  living Spirit we will still wait for you  to bring a new heart beat, a forming of reality of you in us.

In silence and solitude grow yourself within us to full term; Thy own image that we may hold within to receive you to ourselves, to know you. Come to birth now! Come soon Lord Jesus. Let us bring others. Let us say; “Here is the Savior.” Then take each one by the hand and love them to you. Help us to be good Daddies and mamas to all the lost orphans you bring our way. Jesus is born in us.

I needed a reminder today.  Am I lonely? Does it seem life has lost its meaning? What is important? What opportunity comes knocking or God’s voice is speaking, am I listening.  What person is waiting to be loved, to be touched by a laugh that I can give? Sometimes what seems small can be really big to another living in a really dry place devoid of hope. What can any of us do? We can reach beyond our own comfort zone in Jesus name.

Kathy Van Kurin, 2018-2019.

© 2019 Kathy Van Kurin


Author's Note

Kathy Van Kurin
Christ is still my strength...inspiration.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Hey Kathy, tho essentially a Buddhist, I found your words not only to be full of genuine warmth, but to contain a message of hope for all those who may feel lonely and or lost and devoid of hope.. your posts often have that kind and calming effect.... Bless ya and true.... N

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Kathy Van Kurin

5 Years Ago

Neville Pettitt,
Thank you and hope is so important. I sure do agree. What and who is the que.. read more
Neville

5 Years Ago

Blessings and sentiment back at ya my friend.... Neville



Reviews

God breathed life into Adam and we are all descendants so God's very breath is in each of us. i find his presence and love in the beauty of nature that he gave us. we are to live in truth and let our lights shine ... :)

Posted 4 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Kathy Van Kurin

4 Years Ago

Pete,
I just arrived home from a trip and see that you have been by. Your review is a lovely .. read more
A spiritual poem with meanings deep to the poet herself and her upbringing in that faith and that is where she finds her inspiration and voice. All rich blessings.

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Kathy Van Kurin

5 Years Ago

Sami,
I love your little phrase; "deep to the poet herself." God is the living ember to fuel .. read more
Sami Khalil

5 Years Ago

You are welcome muchly.
AMEN!!! LET IT BE!! Thanks Kathy.
Tom

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Kathy Van Kurin

5 Years Ago

Kentuck14,
From the inner core of my soul this writing came. I don't suppose everyone would i.. read more
Hi Kathy, You are lucky to have such a guiding light to give meaning to your life. Perhaps it is something innate in us to seek meaning in this incredible universe. I have just been looking after our 13 month old grandson and he is still at that wonderful age of innocence. I know it will not continue! It is good that your are able to express your beliefs without fear or embarrassment.
Sleep tight.
Regards,
Allan

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Kathy Van Kurin

5 Years Ago

Alan,
Oh my! You have a little grand son. Looking at him must be there shining ember in your .. read more
Beautiful message Kathy. When we fully concentrate our energies to Jesus Christ, we are able to slide away from the material grabbing excess of our lives and be able to seek the truth. To be in the same space as our Lord and Savior immerses our spirit in Peace, Love and Tranquility. These are not just pretty words but the results of "Knocking at his door and seeking, asking and receiving.
Your writing reflects His Healing Graces that He has Blessed upon you. And in good turn you are sharing His teachings through your touching words.
Peace in Christ,
Richie b.



Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This comment has been deleted by the poster.
Kathy Van Kurin

5 Years Ago

richieb,
Uplifting words such as yours are truly special. I wonder if it can be stated eneoug.. read more
richieb

5 Years Ago

Kathy,
I am happy to bring some joy to you today. We are called to sh.. read more
Hope you're going from strength to strength, Kathy.
I suppose in life at times we feel no one is listening, life has lost meaning.
But sometimes life is the inner meaning, the strength that you harness to push on through.
Stay tall, Kathy.

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Kathy Van Kurin

5 Years Ago

Paul Bell,
It's so nice to recieve your kind and encouraging words. You have a wonderful gift.. read more
Paul Bell

5 Years Ago

Pleasure, Kathy.
Kathy...this could be your own personal outreach program and this the perfect forum. We can only put the word out and hope that someone grasps it to heart.

Blessings on you young lady.

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Kathy Van Kurin

5 Years Ago

Ted Kniffen,
You have encouraged me more than you may know. I have a tendency to be pretty tr.. read more
kathy,this s a beautiful prayer on hope,i enjoyed it

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Kathy Van Kurin

5 Years Ago

wordman,
Yes and thank you very much for reading. I enjoyed the experience which brought it f.. read more
 wordman

5 Years Ago

i bet it was
All your lines are genuine and worth reading.
Thanks ma'am for sharing 😊 😊 😊

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Kathy Van Kurin

5 Years Ago

Thank you, Rahul. I wish you many genuine moments of shining goodness and inspiration within your ow.. read more
Amada

5 Years Ago

Ahhh..... Thank you so much for this 😍😍😍😍
Hey Kathy, tho essentially a Buddhist, I found your words not only to be full of genuine warmth, but to contain a message of hope for all those who may feel lonely and or lost and devoid of hope.. your posts often have that kind and calming effect.... Bless ya and true.... N

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Kathy Van Kurin

5 Years Ago

Neville Pettitt,
Thank you and hope is so important. I sure do agree. What and who is the que.. read more
Neville

5 Years Ago

Blessings and sentiment back at ya my friend.... Neville

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

484 Views
10 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 1, 2019
Last Updated on September 30, 2019
Tags: hope, goodness, spirit, God, humanness, born, new, life, meaning, reality, solitude

Author

Kathy Van Kurin
Kathy Van Kurin

OR



About
Everything in and about me has become materiel to ponder, analyze and find meaning and beauty. This life journey is all about revealing lessons many times hidden until dug up and planted then finding .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Just Life Just Life

A Poem by Valentine