The Past the Present, and Unpredictable FUTURE

The Past the Present, and Unpredictable FUTURE

A Poem by K.Marie
"

This was my life before I found the one... the ironic thing was, I wasn't even looking. An accident turns into a split moment that changed my life FOREVER.

"

 

 (A story of conflict-resolution in poetic form)

I’d like to thank you very much for being a few pages in my life. I put my mind heart and soul into a fiery burning pit hoping it wouldn’t burn that s**t.  Now I can admit, turning the pages and watching my past with you was an empty drum beaten by an empty love. It was a hollow hole in the lands of Sumatra where the sun scorches life out of what couldn’t be dried out any further. But time sure is a powerful thing isn’t it? cuz over time, time took its toll on my inner self. You affected my body like HIV positively in deep rich love. You affected my mind like a disorder that didn’t let me see with my eyes without reminding me of you. Ironic in the way that there was meaningful love in the air but you refused to breathe and instead suffocated me because my life was so your life that what you did I wanted to do what you said repeated over in my brain how you moved I adored so damn much I wanted to go everywhere and anywhere as long as it lead to you. I would have ran to hold you in my arms barefoot across town wet streets pebbles cutting into my heels feet stung by cold wet ground drunk as f**k crying for you to love me too. When I reach your house looking upstairs from outside into your window calling your name…Dominic. But whom was I truly calling? You? No, no I wasn’t calling no one I wasn’t calling no one. What was I waiting for so long that I had even lost MYSELF? Now, losing yourself for somebody who wouldn’t mind losing you don’t even make sense. Like a diamond earring slipping from my index and thumb into the bathroom sink wedged in between the metal barely falling through cuz the sink thinking damn what if? What IF this works? What IF he’ll eventually feels the same? What IF I give myself away? What IF I BE HIS B***H? So WHAT IF he cheats on me? That’s okay. Sell my life by failing my classes. Giving my body up every day. Trying to teach him how to do something with his life because I know if he put real effort into himself and actually grasps a hold of the valuable asset of good character he could be great but what was I THINKING?  Damn it took me more time to overcome you than it took to meet you, fall MADLY in love, give it up, fight to keep you, and eventually break me off. You KEPT me. Kept me from myself. But was it really you? NO it was I. So how could I have blamed you for MORE THAN A DAMN YEAR of hurt of pain of battle and war in my mind, in my heart to kick you like an addiction. An ADDICTION. But in my life I’m proud to say that you are no longer an affliction. So now you wanna know what this is for why would I take time out of my life non-related to yours? Like I said, thank you. Thank is all my heart now pours because I found a man who not only I’m in love with but that he adores...me. And if the fates of our situation turned out for the 3rrgreat then its damn good fate because I woulda never met my baby. My BABY. Cuz I sure as hell wouldn’t of been looking if I was still stuck with you. And now I understand and talk about what love REALLY IS SUPPOSED TO BE until I turn blue. But I won’t because I know you think you know, believe me I already know so I’m just writing you this flow of what’s flowin through my mind. Man I wish you could meet this guy…Tony. He’s really got greatness ahead of him. Early college while keeping his high school grades still in check never lets girls distract or affect. Mature as a man but so much swagg it would overflow the palms of your hands. Spits hot fire but never demeaning always talking about what matters and not p***y he’s feening. He can hold a conversation and SHARE a sense of obligation to keep one another happy SHARE a sense of humor to keep one another laughing. SHARE mutual attraction while makin' a point it ain’t nearly all about the PHYSICAL but the INDIVIDUAL…that puts us in the mood to be so lyrical. He inspired me to inspire him when he inspired me after inspiring him. Were comfortable and cherish every moment on the phone we can be on the phone for three hours not sayin a single word and I would still cherish every moment.. He says when it comes to his future I’ll be his main component. ­­­­­­­­­Teaches Sunday school schooling the little children about God and I know a guy so freakishly amazing from his personality to his character shine so bright your girl would say he’s BLAZIN! My love is so deep it would flood the oceans rivers and streams it would overtake cities you’d feel it in your dreams cuz three simple words could NEVER compare it takes a second to say I love you but a LIFETIME to share it’s time to stop being blinded and this you’ll SEE. So one last time, to end my rhyme hoped you felt it, thanks for your time. Thanks for breaking my heart so it could heal, for making me realize and FIND WHAT IS REAL.

                               And now what so many want is exactly what we have …<3


 

© 2009 K.Marie


Author's Note

K.Marie
Comments? Whatchu think?! :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

278 Views
Added on May 19, 2009
Last Updated on May 19, 2009

Author

K.Marie
K.Marie

Shoreline, WA



About
I'm pretty much a hippie, like literally I'm that person that is inspired by eveything, I speak up when something's wrong, I'm a hard worker but I loooove to go out n have a good time ;) I play volle.. more..

Writing
Sweet Dreams Sweet Dreams

A Poem by K.Marie