Krave

Krave

A Story by Kacie Delane Davis

 Krave        

I              

Daniel couldn’t understand what had happened to him. He couldn’t recall anything from the past five days. Well, in all honesty he didn’t know how long it had actually been. The only clues of what had occurred were the blurry flashes of a beautiful woman. She had long black hair that went to her back. Her eyes were hazel from what he could see. He didn’t know if she had anything to do with what had occurred or if she was someone he had made up in his subconscious.

He was stiff and horribly numb. He was in pain. He was in unimaginably agonizing pain. His throat was on fire. It burned and ached as if a bomb had gone off in his mouth. He struggled to breath. It felt as though a boulder were resting on his chest. Oh, how he wanted the pain to end!

Daniel opened his eyes. Everything was oddly bright, though no light source was present. He looked around. There wasn’t even a window to allow moonlight in. He cautiously took in his surroundings. He was in a cellar or some type of dungeon he could tell that much was true. He tried to sit up, but Daniel promptly realized there were chains around his ankles, wrist, and neck. The burning in his throat was getting more and more excruciating.

HELP! “He screamed despite the pain.” Please! SOMEONE! HELP ME!”

“Shut up!” barked a stern voice. “You are NOT going anywhere Daniel.”

“Why not!? How do you know my name?”  He couldn’t quite see his face

“I know quite a lot about you, however; that’s beside the point. You are staying here for your own good.”

“I’m chained to a wall! How could this possibly be for my own good?!” He snapped pulling against the chains that had began to burn his skin. “Let me go! Please! Man__ come on this is crazy. I don’t know anything and I definitely didn’t do anything. I can’t even remember the past five days.”

“It’s been a week and that’s perfectly normal. It happens sometimes.” The mystery man said. “Don’t fret it will all return to you soon enough.”                

 Daniel’s jaw had become incredibly sore. He began to cough in spasms. The pain in his throat started to intensify. “What have you done to me? I have never felt such immense pain in my life.” True he was only sixteen, but others have felt more pain than he, up until this day at least.

“The pain you feel now is only the beginning.” He said with a short laugh “once the cravings begin the pain will become much worse.”

“What have you done to me!? What craving?” He snapped “Tell me.” quicker than he had anticipated the man was in front of him. “I’d watch my temper if I were you. The sooner you calm down and relax the sooner the chains will come off” he said piercing him with his ocean blue eyes. He cringed.

The man whistled and then Daniel heard footsteps and muffled screams They were high pitched and most likely female The screams got louder and louder until they sounded like they were in the room. “NO! NO! LET ME GO!!” she screamed the door creaked open and Daniel’s prison was flooded with light. He recoiled. He wanted to shield his eyes the light burned. A girl, not much older then he, was thrown into the room.  She had brown hair and light brown eyes. The door slammed shut. She immediately stood and began to pound on it. “Let me out!” She looked in their direction “Please! Please!”  She screamed

Daniel could hear the rhythmic beating of her terrified heart. He could smell something sweet rolling off of her in waves. He pulled at his restraints. He wanted her. He couldn’t fathom why but he did. He wanted her so bad. He fought harder. He could feel something sharp prodding at his bottom lip. He ran his tongue over his teeth which had become extremely sharp.

 “Hush Chrissie‘” The man locked eyes with her.” come here.”

 Her face was expressionless as he took her delicate wrist into his hand. “Shhh” he said soothingly. Daniel could see the blood coursing through the veins in her neck. He felt a sharp pain in his throat. The man lifted her wrist to his pale lips and bit into her flesh. Blood began to flow steadily from the wound.   Daniel unknowingly let out a growl. He wanted her. More than he had ever wanted anything in his life.

He was hypnotized. The smell was so overwhelming. His mouth watered. It reminded him of his mother’s apple pie. Only this smelled a million time better. He wanted a taste. Just one small taste. Blood continued to ooze from the wound.

 “This craving.” The man bit into her wrist once more and began to drink. Her heart picked up. The man laid her unconscious body just out of his reach. Try as he might he couldn’t reach her. Her heart was so loud in his ears he was developing a headache. “You want her don’t you?” the man asked

Daniel nodded not taking his eyes of her quivering vein. “Why?”
“It’s normal,” the man said “And it will get much, much worse. In more ways then one. I assure you.”

“Make it stop! “Daniel snapped

“Ah-ah-ah temper.”

The man dragged her limp body to the other side of the cellar and chained her, too, to a wall. A puddle of her blood was left in front of him. The man did this on purpose to torture me more than he already has. Daniel thought. All the pain mixed with this…craving.

He looked at her skin. It looked soft like cotton. Her lips were red like cherries. Her hair was full of pretty doll-like curls. He wanted to touch her.  To feel the warmth he knew she possessed.  He wanted to taste the sweet concoction that was her blood, yet he wanted to just feel the warmth of her skin, feel the closeness of embrace. He felt so…so…abnormal and monstrous. So horribly out of control. So demonic and tortured. Before he even realized it he was sleeping.

II

When he awoke he no longer had chains around his neck and wrist. He simply had one long chain around his right ankle. The girl, Chrissie, was still in the chamber chained to the wall across from him. He smelled her before he saw her. That tantalizing and potent smell of her. He crawled towards her. He wanted to touch her. An odd feeling, yes.  He went as far as the chain allowed and stretched out his hand. Her eyes fluttered open. “What are you doing?” she gasped

He quickly withdrew his hand and retreated back to where he had been before. “I…I’m… sorry” he murmured and hugged his knees as the pain began once more.

She starred at him then let out an irritated sigh. “Go ahead and kill me. You’re going to do it anyway. Don’t toy with me just do it.”   She said drearily. “I suppose I brought this upon myself. I won’t fight it.”

He shook his head. “N…No I…I ca…couldn’t” he stuttered.

She looked at him bewildered “Of course you can and will. You’re a vampire.”

His eyes filled with sorrow. She had confirmed his fears. He was a monster. A murderous creature from hell. Deep down he’d known. As soon as the man bit into her flesh he knew. He in fact was an undead blood sucking monster. He hugged his knees tighter “I didn’t want this” he mumbled over and over. “I can’t kill someone.”

The shock slowly drained from her face. She moved as close to him as the chains would allow her to. “I…um…I’m sorry.”

H e didn’t respond. Instead he remained in his state of misery. He had to kill himself. How he would do this he was unsure. He heard footsteps approach. He closed his eyes knowing once the door opened the room would be flooded with light blinding him. “I trust you’ve calmed some.” the man said. “Are you ready for your first meal?”

Daniel shook his head. “No,” he said quietly

The man laughed and pulled out a key. He unlocked the chain around Daniels foot. It hit the ground with a loud clank! “You’ll feed eventually,” he said and left. Daniel crawled into a corner and kept his head down. He couldn’t hurt anyone. Especially not her. There was something special about her. Daniel couldn’t place a finger on what but she was special to him

    Soon Chrissie was sleep. He could tell by her breathing it was steady and calm. Only after taking a deep breath did he cautiously sneak over to her. He wanted to kiss her. Yet another odd urge. Instead he gently stroked her cheek. She made the slightest movement. That movement was enough to send Daniel back to his corner. He sighed. Her skin was softer then he had anticipated.  He was proud he had refrained from the urge to bite into her tender flesh. Although he could feel her warm blood moving under her skin, Daniel had maintained control of himself. This changed very little. He still had to destroy himself before he could hurt anyone. He gasped as a shockwave of pain rippled through him.

 H e knew how to make the pain end. He knew how he could end this torment. His eyes lingered towards her. No, he couldn’t if he did he would only want more. Then the pain would persist with no end in sight. The pain would only get worse through the years. He couldn’t give in. He refused. His mouth began to water and his jaw started to ache once more. He wasn’t strong enough to resist much longer.

The room was filled with her smell. There was no escaping it. He unknowingly moved closer and closer. Finally he was so close he could almost feel her heartbeat. He sat there immobilized by the wonderful aroma. He leaned in and bit into her flesh. His jaw tightened around her neck as he began to drink. She gasped. He bit down harder. He needed to stop. He had to stop. He knew it would take all he could to stop. He could hear her heart weakening.  He reluctantly pulled away from her. He licked his lips wanting to savor every last drop.

 He looked at her plump red lips. He wanted to kiss her. He wanted to kiss her horribly. He waited to see if she would awake. After five minutes of no hints of arousal. He moved closer to her lips. If he could handle drinking her blood he could handle kissing her couldn’t he?  He placed his hand on the wall before putting his lips to hers and kissing her. To his surprise she kissed him back. He continued to kiss her until he felt his teeth protrude from his gums. He pulled away.

She slowly opened her eyes and looked him in the eyes. “What are you doing? “She asked dumbstruck. “Did you just kiss me?”

III

 “I…I’m …well you kissed me back.” he said.

I was sleeping. I thought I was dreaming anyway that’s beside the point. Why were you kissing me who ever you are?”   

“Well….I …” The door opened before he could answer. He retreated to his corner. “Why is she still alive?” the man snapped. “Kill her. “

“I can’t.”

“You can and you will. Now.”   

The door was still ajar behind him but Daniel was able to look up. He looked into the man’s direction and then in to Chrissie’s. “I…I…”

The man narrowed his eyes at him as a hooded figure walked up beside him. ”What seems to be the problem here?” they asked sweetly removing their hood. It was her! The one he’d kept seeing.

“You. Who are you? Did you do this to me? Why am I here? I wanna go home. What happened to me?”

She laughed it was a musical sound. “Calm down my dear. You are apart of something huge. Yes, I ‘m the one that did this to you. What happened to you? Easy. You were walking home from school and I took you, brought you here, and bit you.”

“Why?”

 “Oh. Does it matter? It can’t be undone.”

 His eyes trailed to Chrissie. She sat perfectly still. Her eyes were wide with fear. “I’m not going to make you feed and he won’t either,” she said pointing a thumb at the man. “You’ll feed. The hunger always wins in the end. Either way she will be someone’s dinner.” She touched the man’s shoulder and he unchained her. Then the two left.

“She’s right. I’ll still end up dinner and what’s been done can’t be undone…”

I could kill myself he thought. But then no one would be there to keep her safe. Maybe we could escape. He looked around once more. He could change her, at least then he wouldn’t have to go through this eternity alone. No. he couldn’t inflict that type of torment on someone. All of their options were awful.  Then he got the perfect idea.

“We can fake your death. Then you won’t be stuck here. Then maybe they’ll let me out of here too and I can end this curse.”

“Do you mean kill yourself? Don’t do that.”

“Why not? Im an immortal, blood-sucking teenager”

“Because…just because. How would we fake my death?” She asked vigilantly walking closer.

 “I …well feed from you and when I hear them coming you lie petrified here where the dried blood is. Maybe they’ll think your dead. Then they’ll probably throw you in a dumpster or something. ”

“Or burn me. So then I’ll be roasted alive.”

 His hope dropped. That left only one option if she wanted to leave here alive. “Oh…Well the only thing I can think of is to change you…I mean if you want to get out of here still alive, I suppose we could say.”

“Imma orphan no one would notice or care either way.”

 I’d know” he said quietly.

He saw a flicker of determination. “Do it. Change me.” she said shakily.

IV

It took all his willpower to stop drinking from her. She crumpled to the ground. She lay still at first but then began to thrash about violently as though she were having a seizure. After a few moments she lay peacefully.

He felt panic rise to his throat. Had he done it correctly? How long did the change take? Days? Minutes? He hadn’t thought this through. He’d put his face in his hand when he heard a cough. He let out a relieved sigh. Finally after ten minutes she gasped and sat up with her hands around her neck.

“My throat burns…” she said.

“I know,” he whispered as he began to hear voices. “I think I hear them”

“What are we going to do?” she asked. “Are we going to try and escape?”

“I…I…I don’t know. If it’s just one of them maybe we can try to escape…All I know about vampires is they are sensitive to sunlight, but I don’t really know if that is true.”

“Oh…”

“Um…well…How long have you been here?”

 “Two days I think…I got here sometime at night.”

  Look what I have done! I’ve made the situation worse. I was just trying to help…How are we going to escape? He thought

“Fake your death. I know I already mentioned it but now if they try and burn you or something you can have a chance at getting away.” he said quickly as footsteps approached the door. “It will work.” I hope.

  The door creaked open and the mysterious man walked in. Daniel was thankful the light had become slightly tolerable “Hmm it appears she was right,” he said looking at where Chrissie lay

 “May I leave now?” Daniel asked gloomily

  The man laughed and walked over to her “corpse”  “after I make sure she is dead then there is a possibility. “ He felt her wrist for a pulse. Then he looked at Daniel with a satisfied expression. “Well done “

 “Can I leave now..? Please…”

“Not quite yet.” he said.” you’re still not strong enough”

 Daniel could hear the sound of feet being dragged across the floor. He looked toward the door. “But…Can you at least tell me about what I have become?” he said turning his attention to Chrissie.

He pondered this a moment” Well…as you probably figured out your eyes are quite sensitive to light. Your skin is sensitive to sunlight. If you are in the sun for more then 30 minutes, of course even that is stretching it, it will begin to smoke. However after a few years the sun will be tolerant. Wood is quite harmful as well.”

“When can I leave?”

“If you do what you are told and feed, two days “

Two days!  He wanted to scream. Instead he released an irritated sigh. Just two more days and I can end this repulsive curse. He thought. Well… what about Chrissie. I can’t just leave her to suffer alone. I inflicted this evil upon her. I can’t kill myself. It wouldn’t be right.

As Daniel prepared to speak the door wined open. A boy older then he was thrown into his prison. He was already unconscious and dried blood was on his neck. The man looked at Daniel and said “Enjoy the meal,” before leaving.

Chrissie sat up immediately and went over to the unconscious boy. Her eyes lay on the dried blood. She bit into his neck without hesitation. Daniel watched mortified and slightly in envy. What have I done? He thought ruefully, I’ve made her into a monster.  

V

After a week Daniel finally remembered what happened. He was walking home from school, when he noticed he was being followed. He had begun to run. The hooded person behind him ran also. They ran unbelievably fast. Daniel ran to the park. It was closer than his house and widely populated incase the person tried to do something. He looked behind him to see if he was still being followed. No one was there so he stopped running. When he turned back around the person with the hood was staring into his eyes. She was so supernaturally beautiful. Her hair was raven black and sticking out from under the hood. Her eyes were bright green. He couldn’t look away from her. “Sleep” she said sweetly. “Relax and sleep.” He did as she said.

When he awoke he was in that god-awful place chained to the wall. The girl was walking in just as his eyes opened. She smiled showing her teeth. He started screaming at the sight of her fangs. She locked onto his eyes and he fell silent. “Relax.” she said soothingly and bit him. His eyes never left hers, even as he felt a shockwave of pain.  Just as he lost consciousness she said “Don’t awake until the time is right.” How he knew it was the right time still baffles him.

VI {two weeks later}

Daniel licked his lips and looked down at the corpse of a 14 year old girl. The women had been right the hunger always won in the end. After trying to ignore the urge to feed he finally gave in and was glad. He was also glad of what he did to Chrissie.

He looked back on the three weeks he had been locked away. The man had not tormented him he had tormented himself.  He almost wished he had given in to the hunger sooner, however; if he had done that he wouldn’t have created Chrissie. How dumb he had been to even consider killing himself. Especially after he had created her. This new life he had was extraordinary.

 He loved the power he felt when he feed. He thrived on the control he had. He could do whatever he pleased and no one could object. Well they could object but it would not end well for them. He had beautiful Chrissie and all the time in the world.

 Daniel’s purpose was something he still wondered about. The one who made him never told him. All she said was his purpose would be revealed when the time came. Daniel didn’t really care if the time never came he was enjoying what he’d become. To him in a way it was like trying something new. You have to give it a chance before you decide if you like it or not.

“Daniel?” Chrissie called.

“Yes?”

  “Guess what?”

 Daniel smiled when he smelled the powerful aroma of O+. “Where would I be without you,” he said. “Eternity would be so dull.”

 

© 2012 Kacie Delane Davis


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

201 Views
Added on September 4, 2012
Last Updated on September 4, 2012

Author

Kacie Delane Davis
Kacie Delane Davis

city, TN



About
I am odd girl, who loves to write and wants to make a name for herself. I enjoy reading and writing. Fantasy and fiction are my favorite genres. They give me the chance to have a blissful escape. i h.. more..

Writing