Dangers of the Sea

Dangers of the Sea

A Story by ♪The Girl Next Door♪
"

A creative/descrptive writing thing I had to do for my LA class. Enjoy :)

"

     Hot, blazing sun beating down hard on my forehead. The sound of the seemingly gentle but terrifying  waves have become hazy and faded. I take the torn-up hat away from my eyes, Little by little, the world reappears in bright, agonizing light. As I try to sit up, I can't help but cry out in pain due to the starvation the last week and a half on the ocean has brought me. I now deepy regret the seemingly harmless "adventure" I embarked on what seemed like months ago, but really only ten days ago did this nightmare begin. I manage to pull myself into a sitting position, noting how red my skin had become. I smack my lips, trying to remember what water tasted like but all I could taste was the salty waves mixed with yesterday's sweat. I realized that I had stopped sweating this morning simply because there was nothing left to sweat. I do a painful, slow survey of the panorma of blue-ish green that was slowly consuming my sanity. I try and take a deep breath but what I kept praying would be fresh air was nothing but dry, salty hot fire in my nose. I take a glance at the sky once my eyes adjust. Not a rescue plane in sight. I realize now that I should have took a longer look, because that may have been my last look at the world. I wanted so badly to drink that cool, soft, resfreshing waterbelow me...but it would be my demise. So I come up with a better plan. I slowly, painfully stood up, mustering all of my strength and will power. With a quick leap, I am deep under the water and welcome into my body what had been my worst fear for the last week. White light confronts me and at first I am afraid. But I realized in that moment that the sea was not my enemy, but my savior.

© 2012 ♪The Girl Next Door♪


Author's Note

♪The Girl Next Door♪
reviews please :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I SOOOO love this.. KENZIE! HOW IN THE WORLD DO YOU WRITE LIKE THIS?! JIREIHDNFISK CMIJODFK CMHIJOKLM , Curse your writing skills! XD

100/100

Posted 11 Years Ago


♪The Girl Next Door♪

11 Years Ago

Haha :) thanks
Forever Hidden

11 Years Ago

Your welcome

2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

871 Views
11 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 17, 2012
Last Updated on October 19, 2012

Author

♪The Girl Next Door♪
♪The Girl Next Door♪

In The Highest Room Of The Tallest Tower, CO



About
My name's Makenzie and I'm extremely insane. If I were a super hero my super hero name would either be Captain Procrastination or Sarcastimaster. P.S. also by the way, I'm a confessed crazy cat lady. .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


NEEDS A NAME NEEDS A NAME

A Poem by afra