Our Hero in the Shadows

Our Hero in the Shadows

A Story by Kevin Andros
"

This is something very common yet so unique in every one's life

"

He scratches word after word to give his story just the right start. He looks up, confused, frustrated, disappointed and angry at his continuous failures. Even after all repeating all those great lines in his head like “failures are a ladder to success” and still is unable to find hope.

 

He slams his pen down and walks out on the terrace and stares out at the vast construction field of upcoming brand new apartments. He still can’t find the picture of perfection that will help to set his story on track. He stops and wonders, about how his life got to this juncture. He feels that he was riding a lost, derailed train having no control over his destination and was just riding on, just to see where he gets. He looks around this unfamiliar landscape, trying to make sense of his life. Then he realizes that nothing in life is perfect and never is tied up neatly with a bow, made fit into a pretty little box. Life is not a gift that is handed to you.

 

The movies these days are truly a work of fiction: as they tease and tantalize you with just enough reality to mock yet seduce you about a perfect life that isn’t there. In reality you have to make the best of what you got and not have some unrealistic expectations that will only lead you to the frustration station.

 

Our hero isn’t one of those dazzling, muscular, fighter yet having a softer emotional side figure that every woman goes nuts about and he can take his pick. No, he’s the guy who you never see, even if you are right in front of him, or you work with him, or share a room with him or even are friends with him. Our hero is a person who is invisible in all the metaphorical sense, trying to make his mark on this world. You might wonder, “How can someone make a mark on this huge a*s world when he can’t even get himself visible?” That’s the power of our invisible hero; he can be invisible and yet carry a fire of hope within himself so that even though he’s invisible all the time, the people around him can feel the warmth, hear a chuckle of a beautiful smile and a desire to live on despite every imperfections. Everyone around him can try to get close to his light when all lights have gone out, leaving them in darkness. Still, they do not see him, our hero who is invisible.

 

He smiles, and walks on, in his worn out shoes and his offbeat clothes. Our hero smiles and walks on, still invisible to you, but carrying the sole torch of hope, hoping that one day, this world will learn to care again.

© 2014 Kevin Andros


Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Author's Note

Kevin Andros
This one came after a long time. Please feel free.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I like this story. You are right, we have people like this in our lives and aren't really aware of it. Can't put it into words, but I really like being around so and so or she isn't a comedienne but she makes me laugh and feel happy.
That is the meaning I get from this story. It made me think and I always appreciate that!

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I like this story. You are right, we have people like this in our lives and aren't really aware of it. Can't put it into words, but I really like being around so and so or she isn't a comedienne but she makes me laugh and feel happy.
That is the meaning I get from this story. It made me think and I always appreciate that!

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

393 Views
1 Review
Added on September 20, 2014
Last Updated on September 20, 2014

Author

Kevin Andros
Kevin Andros

World is one country, India



About
Hi. I'm a Leo Person by birth. ************************ Update April 2016 I am making my slow return to this wonderful world without borders. Trying to be active on boards and adding new writer.. more..

Writing
Broken Broken

A Poem by Kevin Andros