The Tour

The Tour

A Story by Kevin Andros
"

The main and only purpose of writing this story is fun. I wrote this story on the vacation I enjoyed in December 2007. Please tell me if you enjoyed it.

"
“I told you to decide upon the packing case from the start so we could avoid the eleventh hour scramble!” My wife screamed at me as I rolled my eyes and continued working on the computer. “Now don’t just sit there!” She continued, as if my indifference was irking her. “Come over here and help me pack this stuff! It’s nearly time for our train!”
I sighed and shut down my PC and got up to help her. “Hurry up!” She exclaimed. Damn, this required at least an answer from me. “Darling, we have five hours at hand! And the station is barely 10 minutes from our place! We can do everything peacefully! Relax!” And I made a brave attempt to smile as I entered our bedroom to spot my wife leaning over a huge bag, which we had to take due to my wife’s extensive care for our health. My health, if to be more precise. As she spotted me enter the room, she raised her dark blue eyes and met my black one. Man, those eyes. That was the one of the main reasons I married Antara (I call her Annie lovingly). She was dam beautiful. She had a figure that most girls would be jealous of. Helping her with the packing, I remembered the times when we were in love. Thinking back, it made my grip on the bag slacken. “Hold this end tightly!” she stormed at me. “You writers………..” she grumbled under her breath. Smiling slightly, we both concentrated on the packing now.
Annie and I have been married for the past one year. I had been working for private firm as Public Relations Officer. I had been over exerting myself in the office, according to my wife. So I resigned from my office and ‘took a break’ from the normal work routine that I’ve been in for almost 3 years. “You can get a job anytime!” Annie mentioned one night, stroking my hair as I lay on the couch, exhausted after a particularly long day at the office. “And a better one too, so you can always consider leaving this hell of a job.” She had added this line in grumbling tone. Well, I was also thinking of leaving this job as I was myself had enough of this office and was tired of it. “And then, we can go for a nice vacation with absolutely nothing to worry about! The school is also closed for winter vacation; we had our annual day last week, so I think that this is the BEST time that we had a vacation!” She had added this line after a pause, not as a suggestion, but as if she was demanding a vacation from her husband. And rightly so as we couldn’t have a proper honeymoon after our marriage as we both had job pressures. My office doesn’t permit leaves more than two days in a month while she had exams going on in her school when we got married. She works as a teacher in one of the schools in our locality. Maybe that is why I’m a bit scared of her even though I love her a lot. I’ve always been scared of school teachers right from my childhood.
After Annie finished packing and I helping her wherever I could; we had one full hour before the train arrived. “I told you we got plenty of time!” I mentioned to her, salvaging a rare pride for me that she got beat by me in at least one thing. “Okay, okay! Now don’t even think going back to the computer! Get dressed quickly! In the meantime, let me prepare a quick snack for us!” I retreated back from the computer room and stood before my wife with a sigh as she almost ran into the kitchen. “Hey lady! We are going to get served dinner in the train! So quit worrying!” I almost shouted so that she could hear. After a second, it appeared that she indeed valued my words and stopped bothering herself in the kitchen. “Can I go to the computer now? I got some mails to send.” I grinned as I watched amusedly my wife’s flustered expression. “Ah…. Ok! But don’t take too long!” She had to practically shout the last line out as now I almost ran across our hall room to the computer.
After we fell madly in love with each other, we had to seek our parents consent to marry each other. I had played the master mind as I convinced my parents to make ‘arrangement’ with Annie’s parents and we could marry each other. Actually my parents were firm believer of ‘arrange marriages’ and had said that they’d disinherit me if I did a love marriage. Fortunately – I even thank God daily for this enormous stroke of fortune – I fell in love with a girl of our caste. So there was almost no problem for her and my parents to ‘arrange’ the marriage.
After sending the necessary mails and playing Need for Speed for a mere 15 minutes, my wife stormed into the room, fuming as she caught me with the Racing wheel on my lap. “So, this is what you are doing! Sending mails? Or playing games?” and she continued shouting as I grinned sheepishly and quietly shut down my PC and putting away the racing wheel. “Now get dressed quickly! I think that the taxi I had ordered has arrived!” Quickly, I pulled my jeans on and a T-shirt before putting on a sweater that my wife had ‘told’ me to wear positively. I knew that in Andaman, the temperature was bound to be pleasant as it was an Island.
One and half hour later, we were sitting on the Shatabdi Express that will take us to Kolkata and from Kolkata we will take our flight to the Island on the dawn of the next day. “I’m hungry!” my wife grumbled. “Relax honey! The pantry car service would be in action soon, I expect.” And sure enough, food after food came, one by one. First some snacks, then tea, then soup, then sandwiches and then dinner. After eating her full, my wife put her head on my shoulder and tried to sleep. I yawned as I put an arm across on her shoulder.
After our successful marriage to each other, we bought a flat separate from my parents – as suggested by Annie – and moved in there though we were in the same locality as my parents were. I had also asked my parents consent for that too. After both of my parents agreed, I finally decided to move out. We had to join our finances in order to purchase the 3 bedroom flat. It was quite big for the two of us; as it was more than 1300 Sq. feet, had 2 bathrooms and a huge hall. So far, my life was appearing settled. I had a wife whom I loved dearly and she loved me back, had our own place and had a lot of comfort. Anytime, I could drop and visit my parents who would happily welcome us anytime.
We reached Kolkata at 9.30 PM and had to go to Dumdum airport from where we would take our flight to Andaman. We had absolutely no hurry at all to go across the town as our flight was at 5.30 AM the next morning. We took a taxi and arrived at the airport with hours to while by. So, we just sat in the airport and waited for the time when we would be able to check in. My wife again fell asleep resting her head on my shoulders as I put on the MP3 player in my mobile and got the earphones in place as I got ready to pass one long night ahead of us.
Finally, the wretched time came that we had to check-in. The process was quite smooth, considering the wait we had to do for it. After that, we waited to board the airbus which was delayed 15 minutes due to a cold, intensely foggy December night. Finally, we boarded the airbus and waited for the airbus to move. This was my wife’s first plane ride. She got all excited and wanted the window seat that I had. She followed all the safety information given by the air hostesses in the front quite intently. She got all excited when the plane started to taxi and I saw a wide smile across her face as she watched the plane gain speed and slowly rise up. “Wow! It is great! I feel kind that someone is tickling in my belly!” She whispered in my air as the plane taxied faster and faster until it was ready to leave the ground. “Don’t worry, that is the dinner that you had in the train!” I smiled and whispered back. But she was too busy looking out of the window, watching excitedly as the plane left ground to notice my words.
Soon enough, as we finished our breakfast in the airbus, we landed in the airport. A wave of really ‘hot’ air greeted us as we get off the airbus. Pulling the sweater over my head, “I TOLD you that it would be hot here!” I grinned triumphantly as I saw my wife sweat. Not surprising, seeing she was wearing a shawl, a sweater and a warm woolen blouse. Still grinning, I tied my sweater around my waist as I went for baggage claim as my wife went to the ladies room to get rid of her warm clothes. After getting our baggage, we got out of the airport and found a man who was holding the name of the villa in which we had booked a room in for 3 days. After greeting Ishwar – as that was the name of our driver – we boarded his car and head towards our villa. After checking in, my wife wanted to go on a local tour, but I was too exhausted go out. Instead, I got off of my jeans and t-shirt and slumped on the bed, sleeping already, as it was me doing the waking and Annie was doing the sleeping. Actually, we had vowed to each other to share everything equally. So, I did the waking and Annie did the sleeping.
After 6 hours of dreamless sleep, I finally woke up to find myself alone in the room. Stretching and yawning, I brushed my teeth and took a bath in 1.30 PM in the morning. It was very hot. It was 25 degree Celsius in the morning when we left the flight. It must be hotter than the morning. After freshening up, I got dressed and found my wife outside, sitting in the balcony and listening to music in my mobile. She looked up at me as I came out. “Now can we go for a local tour?” She demanded. “Your wish is my command, mistress!” I mockingly bowed in front of her and ran out of her sight as she giggled and got up to punch me.
Five minutes later, we left for a local tour as my wife wished. We went into horticulture and ‘admired’ the plants over there. We had our picture clicked while we rolled in the flowers for the camera. After roaming about for some more, “I am hungry.” My wife said. True, I was also starting to feel a bit hungry. Without speaking, we headed towards a restaurant that our driver said was best for tourists. We ate and resumed our local tour. We roamed about the market of the place, bit of sightseeing, visiting the famous places in the island, our driver being the guide.
At almost 8.30 PM, my wife was satisfied by the tour and decided to get back to the villa. I wanted to do some trifle shopping, so I told the driver to take her back to the villa and I’d get back myself. After finishing buying some bread and biscuits; I headed back to our villa and into our room that we’d booked for 3 days. I saw my wife wearing her nightie, leaning on the pillow and watching TV. “Baby, where did you get this body from?” I heard myself say, as I couldn’t help it. She was looking unbelievably sexy tonight though I’ve seen her in this nightie a countless number of times. “I got it from my mama.” She replied playing a very naughty grin on her face but not looking at me.
(Well, I don’t want to describe what happened after that, coz I want ‘Everyone’ to be able to read this story. Let me just say that we played Coochie – coo!)
After that, went to sleep and I didn’t wake up until 9.00 AM. Stretching and yawning, I saw my wife eating bread and biscuits I bought yesterday. Seeing me waking up, she wished me in a damn sweet voice, “Good morning baby! How are you?” Stifling a huge yawn, I replied “Good morning! I am Great!”
After I freshened up, we went for the beach as we had planned yester night. Carrying some spare clothes with us, we got into the car wearing our bathing suits. In 10 minutes, we arrived on the beach. We went into the sea and we thoroughly enjoyed splashing each other with water and jumping and playing in the water. Though we didn’t know how to swim, we went quite deep inside until the water was up to Annie’s waist. Annie is almost 6” shorter than me. We stayed in the water relaxing and enjoying each other’s company. After an hour, we finally and reluctantly came out as we were now feeling hungry. After drying ourselves and changing into the dry clothes, we proceeded towards the restaurant and ate a lot. We really eat a lot, I admit that. I am a food lover and love to eat. And my wife’s one too. That is why I was able to woo her in the first place after all, I remembered. I proposed to her after we had a heavy meal in the most expensive restaurant in our hometown. Though the bill was in thousands; I got something that day that was worth even more than millions; Annie’s heart and her love. Though I never mentioned this to her or showed her that bill, I think she understands how much she means to me. But, I never miss a single day when I don’t mention the three magic words, “I love you”. And I feel great when she replies “I love you too” and smiles. Damn, someday she’s going to kill me with her mere smile!
“Do you remember, that you proposed to me in a restaurant only?” She reminded me as she finished eating finally. I smiled and said, “Yes! In fact, I thinking of that moment right now.” She looked at me adoringly and ruffled my hair playfully. I playfully added, “how could I forget the day on which I made the BEST mistake of my life!?” and put up a smile. She laughed loudly in the restaurant, and I smiled watching her laugh. Even her immensely loud laugh sounded like the most beautiful music I ever heard. She stopped laughing only after she noticed that everyone in the restaurant was watching her with disgust. She silenced herself and finished paying the bill (I had paid the bill yesterday) and together we walked out.
Back in our villa, we watched TV together (we haven’t bought a TV yet for our home though we have a computer) and then played Coochie – Coo for a bit and then went to sleep.
On the last day, my wife wanted to go to a faraway place on the island to visit. Our driver suggested that there is a beach where most people use for picnic that is very beautiful with a huge stretch of sandy beach. It took us a couple of hours to reach there. We found a lot of people there, enjoying themselves. My wife was not happy with so many people around. I passed my time watching few local boys playing cricket on the beach wearing nothing but underwear. After a while I joined them and bowled a few overs (fully clothed though) after my wife started to scowl heavily at me. I bade them goodbye and returned to our villa and spent the rest of our time there watching TV. We had to wake up early next morning in order to catch our flight.
We took the flight back to Kolkata and surprisingly, my wife was as excited in the flight as she was in the first time. She clutched my arms tightly as the plane gathered up speed. In the flight, my wife faced me with a glazing look in her dark blue eyes and caught my black ones and said, “Thank you. I loved this tour honey. The most important thing was there were no interruptions or worries in between our stay. I love you.” Saying thus, she put her lips forward and her lips met mine. I closed my eyes and kissed her back. Opening my eyes, I watched the sun rising steadily in the horizon. I grinned inwardly and continued the damn serious stuff I was doing.

© 2008 Kevin Andros


Author's Note

Kevin Andros
Take this from a person who has never seen a woman up close besides his mother. ;-)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This is a very pleasant story to read. The characters you described in it are quite sensational in the sense that Annie behaves like a caricature and drives her husband around but somehow all this is played in an atmosphere of love and romance and the husband seems to enjoy the whole thing!

All the clich�s about India are there: marrying into caste, a motherly wife,, ��, but somehow, you make something enjoyable out of it. The style is very flowing and it helps a lot in making this story worthwhile.

Indeed, there is also a subtle lesson in this story: do I need to state it here, writers?



Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Oh... i get that thing kno! I loved the story! I enjoyed reading it.... I love you!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Yes, this was definitely fun.

I think you meant 'damn beautiful' instead of 'dam beautiful'

Thanks for sharing.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is a very pleasant story to read. The characters you described in it are quite sensational in the sense that Annie behaves like a caricature and drives her husband around but somehow all this is played in an atmosphere of love and romance and the husband seems to enjoy the whole thing!

All the clich�s about India are there: marrying into caste, a motherly wife,, ��, but somehow, you make something enjoyable out of it. The style is very flowing and it helps a lot in making this story worthwhile.

Indeed, there is also a subtle lesson in this story: do I need to state it here, writers?



Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is a very pleasant story to read. The characters you described in it are quite sensational in the sense that Annie behaves like a caricature and drives her husband around but somehow all this is played in an atmosphere of love and romance and the husband seems to enjoy the whole thing!

All the clich�s about India are there: marrying into caste, a motherly wife,, ��, but somehow, you make something enjoyable out of it. The style is very flowing and it helps a lot in making this story worthwhile.

Indeed, there is also a subtle lesson in this story: do I need to state it here, writers?

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

331 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 5, 2008

Author

Kevin Andros
Kevin Andros

World is one country, India



About
Hi. I'm a Leo Person by birth. ************************ Update April 2016 I am making my slow return to this wonderful world without borders. Trying to be active on boards and adding new writer.. more..

Writing
Broken Broken

A Poem by Kevin Andros