Wake up! Make a move!

Wake up! Make a move!

A Story by Kevin Andros
"

Explains success if you can X-Ray this!

"
We rest. Why? Because we grow tired. Tired of what? Tired of working. Working on? On our life.

Actually, there is to two levels of our minds. One is in our reality, the other containing our goals and mindset. But the supreme mind – the ultimate aim – just wants to be happy.

We work. We rest. We work and rest. What for? To be happy. To stay happy.

But we have a body too. A body that succumbs to prolonged workload and needs rest. And if the body gets accustomed to rest frequently, the supreme mind – which is always looking for happiness – will find happiness and satisfaction in the period when the body is in rest. That allows our conscious mind to fly into the world of fantasy – a wold full of happiness, expectations and pure bliss. The scientific term of this position of the mind is called day dreaming.

Slowly, we go to sleep. We fall into a trance that is also called dreams. Our supreme mind projects us an image that feels happy and adds up to our moral set. But the part of mind that concerns the reality of the world will be constantly twitching, but the supreme mind along with the unconscious mind will subdue it. It will give a stupid logic that – we are happy in the dream! Why the hell we should return to reality?

We work. We rest. We work and rest. What for? To be happy. To stay happy.

This condition of us in the real world will be pictured like as if we are asleep in mid air while the world is moving on. It seems that the world has come to standstill for us but it is not the reality. The reality is that the world is moving on; and so is time. Time, which once lost cannot be regained. Time is directly proportionate to age. As time goes by, so does our age. Age passes by with a blink of an eye.

It will be these logics that will make the supreme mind see reason. And the moment you awake, you will land crashing down on the ground; on earth; after living for quite some time in your dreams. And then you'll face problems. You'll find that the work, the tasks that you were able to do effortlessly, you are not able to do them quite as smoothly; or worse yet, you won't be able to do them at all.

But this is the call of Wake up! Wake up and make a move! If you move, and keep moving; you will be bound to progress in life. You will move up and ultimately be a success if you keep on moving. And you will get what supreme mind wants – happiness. But you have to work for it.

We work What for? To be happy? How can we be happy? By completing the work? How to complete the work? By making a move!

© 2008 Kevin Andros


Author's Note

Kevin Andros
I wrote this in just about 20 minutes.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Life moves on irrespective of anything and one must keep pace with it.
Whether that leads to happiness or not is an entirely different question. Perhaps that depends on what goals we have set for ourselves.

Nice write.
Made me think.


Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

a wold full of happiness, ***world***
Why the hell we should return to reality? ***should we***
We work What for?***work.What for?

You know me. I am pulling out the typos.
Please never confuse me doing this as an insult. I love your writing. It is real and this one is a powerful wake up call. Keep up the good work. By the way, the grammer was wonderful in this one.
Love All, Mejasha


Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Spelling needs work but the story is good.
A great philosophy on life. Many of us stay in that "stand-still" state, dreaming and never accomplishing. We sit back and watch others move on but the rest of us are kind of stuck in the past with regret. I have found myself in the "land of regret" a lot and am trying my best to "wake up". Hope I do soon because this year I turn sixty!

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

195 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 5, 2008

Author

Kevin Andros
Kevin Andros

World is one country, India



About
Hi. I'm a Leo Person by birth. ************************ Update April 2016 I am making my slow return to this wonderful world without borders. Trying to be active on boards and adding new writer.. more..

Writing
Broken Broken

A Poem by Kevin Andros