Tears from the heart

Tears from the heart

A Story by Kevin Andros
"

Can you cry from your heart? I can. And I am proud of it.

"
Somethings in life don’t change. Some things do.

Life is what you take it to be. Life is a challenge, if you dare to accept it. Life can be like an ice cream too, if you want to enjoy it, eat it before it melts. You may also take life as a journey, if you are brave enough to finish it. Life is a lesson, you learn it when you are through.

But there are certain things in life that never change. Some things do.

A friend who meant the world to you yesterday, isn’t in the world today. Your parents were your guradian yesterday, they are with you today, but you don’t know what will happen tomorrow.

Somethings don’t change in life. Some things do change.

Your parents won’t change once you have them, but their mindset can. No one is perfect. We are all humans. We all have bound to have some faults in us.

Some faults, some mistake may never matter. But some faults do.

You encourage your child in his childhood. Telling him that he has his parents’ full support, what ever
he may want to do.

Something in life don’t change. Some things do.

The child grows up happily thinking, living in an illusion that his parents created for him that he was the luckiest child in this universe that he had such lovely parents. His parents had said that they will support him no matter what he wanted to do. He was attracted to the sound of the ‘tabla’ which his dad used to play. He wanted to learn too so that one day he could play like his dad. His dad took him on his lap and taught him to play. But his school began. He didn’t wanted to study, he wanted to play, but his parents won’t let him.

Something about your parent’s don’t change. Some things do.

His parents’ won’t ever change in their self. But they changed from their words. The child thinks vaugely that his parents had promised him that they will be with him at all times. Were promises meant to be broken?

Something in life don’t change. Somethings do.

This was his first blow to his heart. As at the young age, a child doesn’t uses his brain. He uses his heart. To think, to decide. But then he became aware of a thing in a man’s body, that didn’t know feelings, didn’t understand to feel happy or sad, elated or disappointed, it knew only to win. It only knew one word: ‘LOGIC’. And he came to knew that it was called the brain.

Somethings in life do not change. Some things do.

The child stepped outside, outside his well protected home, stepped into the big world. He opened his eyes and watched every thing in wonder. He went to school and he was so facinated by everything he saw. But he saw few things that he shouldn’t have. He understood a few things that his parents’ wouldn’t want it that way. He saw boys being beaten up by boys! Except that the boys were big, big in size of the boys who were beaten. He didn’t understand what was going on. He thought, everyone is a Human Being! Then why one is superior to the other?

Somethings in life will never change. But somethings do change.

That night, he couldn’t sleep. He walked out to the balcony overlooking vast fields. He stood there and finally appeared to reach a conclusion as to whose fault was it that divided this world in two big partitions. It was fault of the brain! He concluded that it was the filthy part of the body was the reason for all the divisions in the society. He didn’t knew much of the world, but he already seemed to know what the world would be like. Smiling, he went to sleep.

Something won’t ever change in a human. But somethings might.

Next day at school, his teacher was explaining about the human body having a sketch of the body hanging over the blackboard. The teacher said pointing to the brain, “This, children, is the brain. It is the most precious and important part of the body. This is the area from where we think, where we learn….” But the child wasn’t listening. He rose his hand up in the air. The teacher pointed him as he appeared to have a question. The child stood up and asked, “Does every one have one?” The teacher kindly asked, “One what, my dear?” The child stammered, but finally managed, “One …. One brain? Does everyone has one? Everyone in this room has one brain? Including me?” The teacher looked bemused and surprised at The child’s question. But she answered, “yes my dear, every one has one brain. Everyone in this room has one brain, including you. Now please sit down”. The child didn’t pay attention in the rest of class.

Somethings in life do never change. Somethings do.

He was very agitated all through the day. “everyone has one brain my dear, Including you”. I have a brain, he thought. I have a brain. And soon I will be conqured by it! I will have to do what it says! I will turn into a pawn in this huge chessboard of the world fighting against the superior but will always be defeated! Oh what will I do now? Oh what will I do?

Somethings in heart never change. Somethings do.

He stood there, at night, with his heart beating loudly, the cool air whipping his hair out and blowing it over his eyes. He had one question running through him at all time: I have a brain. I have a brain. I have a brain. Now I will never be happy again.

Somethings in heart never change. Somethings do.

Our heart pumps blood into our body and cleans it. That is all the defination of the heart in the books of science. Then what is love? What is happiness? What is bliss? How come the brain understands the emotions? The science cannot tell us that! It never can. ‘LOGICally’ it cannot be explained.

Somethings in this world will not change. Many things do.

We can live without a brain and still be happy. But we cannot live without a heart.

This is what The Child learnt that night. This great achievement this child did that night that no one in human history has been said to do. In the books of science and in normal people, the brain rules the heart. But The child overpowered his brain with his heart. He thought from his heart, he worked from his heart, he spoke with his heart. He never knew to lie, he never knew how to fake. He became a person that all our great saints say that every man should be, but no one can. But The child did it.

But somethings in life never change. Somethings just never change.

He couldn’t study as his heart was not in it. He wanted to play music. He wanted to play music all the time.

But something in life never changes. Somethings just do not change.

He had always been pulled off from music to his books. But his heart wasn’t in it. So he couldn’t study. He influenced his brain by his heart by that time. His brain too had became pure. His brain didn’t work on the stone written word ‘LOGIC’. His brain felt and understood emotions now! Isn’t that great?

But somethings in life changes for good. But some do not.

Today, he lives on with his life. It has been 20 years since he first learnt to control his brain with his heart. His brain and heart is still pure, even at this stage of humanity. He is no longer a child. He has pretended to live in the world, like a human. But he wasn’t human any more. He hadn’t been a human for the past 20 years. Humans don’t understand emotions. They understood only one thing ‘LOGIC’. And logically, to humans one phrase had been written on the stone ‘survival of the fittest’. Work of a human mind, no doubt. And now every human mind was on it. Fighting to win. Win. Every mind on the world was fighting to win. Every mind but one. One mind, that wasn’t of a human anymore. It used to be, but now it lives with the heart. A beating, human heart.

Somethings in life never change. Some things do change.

© 2008 Kevin Andros


Author's Note

Kevin Andros
A deep and dark work by me. Though darkness is not my style, I ..... I couldn't help it.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Good use of repartition, 'something's change, something's stay the same'. I really enjoyed the philosophy of this story; it is a real brainteaser, if you will. It makes you think, read on, pause and think some more. I enjoyed this child's journey from an idealistic world into chaos, worrying about his brain ruling him and then overcoming his fear with the solution of letting his heart rule. I was very captivated by this piece, you say that dark writing isn't you but then I don't think this is dark, it's thought provoking, in search of the answers to questions, but whatever genre you label it, it is most definitely one of your virtues. I enjoyed this, not only is it entertaining, it is delightfully puzzling.

Posted 16 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

true words written it a pleasure to read
sometimes times changes but the situations may not .....
gr8 work hats off to you !!!

Posted 9 Years Ago


Great work as usual!! Gosh! I'm fed up saying 1 line all the time "Great work Kevin!" But with you, I have to. :)

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Wow this was sad and yes I casn cry from the heart! I loved it though!

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Wonderful write.

The pain of not being understood by your family is nicely penned in the beginning.
I like the way you presented the heart and the brain, as oposite elements; and that you chose a child for the main character.

A.M.



Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

i like it... alot.. its very good. very deep. Beautiful. Strange.. amazing Keep writing this is great... And thanks for entering this in my contest.. "Hearts on Fire"

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

i like it... alot.. its very good. very deep. Beautiful. Strange.. amazing Keep writing this is great... And thanks for entering this in my contest.. "Hearts on Fire"

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


It's not that there isn't any place for emotions in this big bad world, as they say. But looking around, one realizes that those who let their heart rule over their head are more often than not disappointed by where their decisions take them. And overtime, I have grown to agree with this.

This is a very interesting piece. And a very appropriate title as well.


Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Oh wow. I really like this, since I have been deliberating over the brain versus heart concept, and the fact that our hearts feel emotion, but our brains cannot comprehend it or label it most of the time. Its very deep, but also simply said, and stated in a story, which I like because it is different than what I am used to for finding such deep and thought provoking pieces. Thanks for sharing.

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Good use of repartition, 'something's change, something's stay the same'. I really enjoyed the philosophy of this story; it is a real brainteaser, if you will. It makes you think, read on, pause and think some more. I enjoyed this child's journey from an idealistic world into chaos, worrying about his brain ruling him and then overcoming his fear with the solution of letting his heart rule. I was very captivated by this piece, you say that dark writing isn't you but then I don't think this is dark, it's thought provoking, in search of the answers to questions, but whatever genre you label it, it is most definitely one of your virtues. I enjoyed this, not only is it entertaining, it is delightfully puzzling.

Posted 16 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

Robert Fulghum once wrote "and the biggest word of all--'Look'. Be aware of wonder."

Thoughtful work.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

686 Views
15 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on February 7, 2008
Last Updated on April 2, 2008

Author

Kevin Andros
Kevin Andros

World is one country, India



About
Hi. I'm a Leo Person by birth. ************************ Update April 2016 I am making my slow return to this wonderful world without borders. Trying to be active on boards and adding new writer.. more..

Writing
Broken Broken

A Poem by Kevin Andros



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


A     MUSE A MUSE

A Poem by T