Outbox, Inbox & Mailbox

Outbox, Inbox & Mailbox

A Story by Kevin Andros
"

This is a mail exchange with one of my friends.

"
(My outbox on 18th June, 2008)


To: BK
From: KA

Subject: Hello

Hey man. How are you. This story is set to be a blockbuster movie. I don't think that you are ever gonna reply to my mails but I continuously keep sending you mails and bother you with unnecessary stuff. If my mails are irritating you, just say the word and it'll stop for ever.

I still remember the day when I met you (online, of course). The day when we first started a conversation. Our first conversation comprised of LP, you remember? And later on, I had revealed that I had recieved your orkut profile link from Miss K (remember?).

So, we kept on talking and being friendly until I fell sick. You remember na? That I had stopped coming online for a week and then I sent you a scrap telling you that I survived death and dodging two fatal attacks of Typhoid and Malaria? I don't know whether you remember or not, but I still remember. I remember it was then I had recieved the link that has changed my outlook of my life, changed the way that I used to think of myself of my life. The link to writerscafe, was sent to me by a friend of mine.

I joined in this wonderful world, full of writers and found that my works were appreciated over here! I was estatic. This gave me motivation to write and write more. Then one day, Most probably in the month of September, I saw your writings on your orkut profile. The power of your poems were insatiable. I told you about writerscafe and said that you may find success over here. You joined here by yourself (coz at that time, there wasn't this batch winning thing). I had just sent you the link.

After that, you rose in writerscafe in a way that would give the most fastest jets in this world a run for their money. Writing poems after poems, each and every one as deadly and superb as the other, entering in contests, winning awards and again writing poems.

There was a time that I used to recieve a read request in an instant whenever you added a new poem and every poem of yours used to have my reviews at the begining (this all happened before the double points system started). I always loved reading your poem and expressing my views and nothing feels better when you know that your views are valued.

But slowly, the read requests got scarce. Not that you stopped writing poems, you kept on forgetting sending me the read requests. I reminded you once or twice that don't forget to send me read requests as I always loved reading your poems and also get the double points of the review. (he heh!). But I always used to get the read requests after many - a - hours and sometimes, many a days. Sometimes, I used to stumble across your poems when I got a notice on my profile that you have added a poem or entered a certain poem in a contest that I haven't read yet.

Anyway, Time went on. You shone on writerscafe. You won all the batches in writerscafe and your profile now appears on the top page on writerscafe.

Slowly, I don't know why, we couldn't find each other online. Those occasions grew rare and rare. Though we have this policy of miss calling once whenever you are online. But I never caught you online. Worried, I called you one night. But I got no answer. I called again in the morning. Again I got no answer. I started to think that you were angry with me on something that I had done (unknowingly, of course) and sent you a mail asking about what is wrong. But again got no answer. At last I got a review of yours for one of my works.

I exhaled a sigh of relief. That at least meant that you are not angry with me. But apart from the reviews, I got nothing more.

Today, I came to your profile and was checking out your awards. While I have won only 10 hours, you have won like a zillion of award.

Now, what should I be now? I'm happy for you that you have been so successful in writerscafe, but sad and disappointed that you seem to have forgotten me in your road to success. But this is not unusual. Often this things happen. People change their old fashioned cars for new ones. Guess I'm just a bullock cart and you are made to ride in a Ferrarri.

Best of luck in life,


Time ticks on............ as world laughs on..............
~KA~


(My Inbox on 19th June, 2008)


To: KA
From: BK

Subject: ...................................................

Thanks a lot yaar for writing this mail, I guess I really want this one! :)

How can you even think that I can forget the time when we guys met via orkut, It was an experience which I can't forget till the rest of my life.. That LP fever which first became the center of our conversation and then that kandy thing.
I do also remember the time when you went ill and suffered from a very serious typhoid...
I do still remember the time when we guys used to chat for hours and mostly I guess we used to chat once in a day!

But...
Unfortunately, Things got so rough! :'(
I know I'm not the same person now and it's the complain of all my friends..You won't believe me but these days my every friend is saying the same thing...that I even don't have enough time for my closest friends, which I agree is such a sad thing! :'( But these days I'm dying inside each and every second...Seems like I have no one with whom I can trust...People say that gone is gone...move ahead the world is waiting for you but they don't know that I have lost my entire world in Past...and I got to live with it now!

And talking about writers cafe, Well...I guess I didn't realized how this all happened....It was such a quick turn..and I mean talking about read requests...actually these days, I don't send anyone read requests..lolz..!!

In btw. these days I daily comes online from 9 to 10 p.m.
So, I just guess to talk to u soon and to catch u online hopefully next time..
take care n god bless! :)

BK

© 2008 Kevin Andros


Author's Note

Kevin Andros
This is a true mail conversation with one of my friends in w/c. I don't know what I'm trying to point with this peice, but I've asked the permission of my friend if I can post this.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

That's the most interesting piece of writing I've ever read. Two writers, one text - and a very interesting subject: how becoming famous in WritersCafe can make you change...
It's nearly metaliterary, I'd even say, since you don't talk about how to write but how writing can affect people's relationship with each other...
That's so interesting that I'd put it on top of all WritersCafe writings!!

PS: Well, I don't understand this system of double-point and winning-thing when you send a read-request... I even think that the read-request should be forbidden - how can you oblige someone to read what you wrote?! You can offer it to read - if one wanna read it, great. If not, never mind.
I'll never send reading request since I just want to offer my writing to those who like reading; I don't wanna force anybody into reading my stuff!... But that's out of the matter!

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

yes this place is good ,i know i came here just to check ,some friend on MYSPACE told me about it ,and i came ,i must admit its the most dynamic place i have ever logged into,its very addictive but in a very nice way ,its ever so changing ,there are some great writers here you can have a full bolus of reading literature ,and this was what i was looking for ,you even write its so encouraging to write too,all members 90 percent are so friendly only few are here to cause troubles ,no matter how you try to get away from them they are always after you,especially if you write some hit writings and get known then you are always easy target to all kinds of harassment,still i like this place it taught me a lot and i gave it lots more of mu time and effort,i think some of the bad guys will make me leave one ,i am almost sure of that ,otherwise this is the best place i have seen yet on the net...

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

That's the most interesting piece of writing I've ever read. Two writers, one text - and a very interesting subject: how becoming famous in WritersCafe can make you change...
It's nearly metaliterary, I'd even say, since you don't talk about how to write but how writing can affect people's relationship with each other...
That's so interesting that I'd put it on top of all WritersCafe writings!!

PS: Well, I don't understand this system of double-point and winning-thing when you send a read-request... I even think that the read-request should be forbidden - how can you oblige someone to read what you wrote?! You can offer it to read - if one wanna read it, great. If not, never mind.
I'll never send reading request since I just want to offer my writing to those who like reading; I don't wanna force anybody into reading my stuff!... But that's out of the matter!

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

304 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 23, 2008
Last Updated on June 23, 2008

Author

Kevin Andros
Kevin Andros

World is one country, India



About
Hi. I'm a Leo Person by birth. ************************ Update April 2016 I am making my slow return to this wonderful world without borders. Trying to be active on boards and adding new writer.. more..

Writing
Broken Broken

A Poem by Kevin Andros