The Truth

The Truth

A Story by Gabriel Young
"

Buddha tells a man how the relationship between his dog and himself is like the relationship between him and nirvana.

"

“Come here!” Elijah screamed.  “God D****t!  You never listen girl,”  It was a love hate relationship.  She was only a puppy of eight months, but she showed true character and a whole lot of heart.  Scooter just looked up with big brown eyes by my side, “I’m here!”  He was the favored but loved as equally as her.  It wasn’t her fault after all, Scooter was the ripe old age of three and she was barely a year.  In time, she would show her worth. 


Elijah looked down at Scooter, and said “You are my favorite, your are beloved by me the most, your sister is loved equally, but you, you make me happy, you will never leave my side, you will be like a son to me, and I a father to you.”  Scooter looked up with his big brown eyes, tail wagging, he knew; he was cherished by his master.  For the father favored him, and he favored the father.


As Scooter walked out to meditate with his master he sat beside his him, ears back, alert.  Elijah then went into a trance, “Surely, I am like Scooter to you my Buddha, surely I am nothing but an innocent, loyal follower, who loves you unconditionally… Scooter is to me as I am to you, and I am like Scooter, I must learn to see the importance in these things, before I can become enlightened.”


In the midst of Elijah’s deep trance he heard Buddha’s reply, “Just as you are the master to Scooter, so to are you his subject.  We must not forget that a master is nothing without his subject, because if no one is subservient, then who would the master be.   So to do I listen to my father, to him I am his Scooter and He my master.  He is Lord over all, the truth in things, the light in the dark.  I serve him loyally and unconditionally.  And just like you are nothing without Scooter, so to is my Father without me, for I am him and he is me…  It is this perpetual love that propagates through all things, cling to it, know it, live it, love it.  As you are my Scooter, so to am I a Scooter, and so on and so forth.”


Elijah emerged and looked down at his companion.  Patted his head, and bent his head low.  “I love You,” said Elijah, as Scooter licked his cheek. 

 

© 2018 Gabriel Young


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

71 Views
Added on May 26, 2018
Last Updated on May 26, 2018
Tags: Spiritual, Pets, Parable, Jesus, God, Love, Perpetual