Waterway

Waterway

A Poem by Obsidian Wave
"

Something I wrote about a tough patch in my life.

"

Half dead with a pen in my hand.

Is this how Poe felt?

Lying in that gutter uttering his last words that none should ever be heard.

There’s a headstone in a country I’ve never been to

that reads here lies man.

Here lies man; Now given the title monster.

Rip from me my sense of self and send me to the stage.

But never see me break.

There is no room for weakness here.

And I would sooner die than cry.

So here’s to the new ultimatum.

Let my next tears signal my hearse.

Let them be a waterway to my long overdue oblivion.

My “rich inner life” has long been a prison.

And I’ve been burning for so long.

From within and without I’m consumed.

By their jokes, by their claims, by their names for me.

Hello Oreo, cause you don’t wear the black kids clothes.

Forcefully faggoted because he doesn’t think with his dick.

He’s a man so he’s a monster,

and if he’s not yet he will be soon they all turn eventually and they’ve got proof.

So I clung to my idols like a man overboard on this ship called life.

I clung to them with all my might.

Until my idols proved them right.

I thought we would fight them together

And then you became one.

So I let go

and I was drowning in flames

Insecurities mounting high enough to give Zeus a handshake.

Nowhere to turn and for God’s sake

I must remember not to break.

I must put out my fires.

So let the tears douse them.

Let me drown them in my weakness.

May the waters carve the mountains and attack the blaze.

Then let the vapors from the battle cleanse allowing me to say.

That this may not be January but here are the resolutions.

Let my idol be in the mirror and the promise of tomorrow.

Let my voice always be as strong as it was when I spoke his words.

Let my new fire be a passion that outshines the streetlights

And make stars blush with envy’s spite.

And let my tears be a waterway to revival.

© 2012 Obsidian Wave


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This poem has to be one of my favorites I have read. It feels so intense and I love how you phrase man as monsters. My favorite line though is when you said, "Forcefully faggoted because he doesn’t think with his dick." That was what everyone thinks, but can never really put to words. Also the line, "Let me drown them in my weakness." its like you're using their strength against them and your weakness as a weapon. Its really well written, I wouldn't change a thing. There are a lot of unique things in this poem that i look forward to seeing again. Thanks for a fantastic read.
-Courage

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Very racially aware... take care not to free-asociate too much though. don't be like those who you have chosen to stand against for. and remember to put a mature content label if it's too intense for un-mature people. keep it up

Posted 11 Years Ago


The agony of it all... I'm at a loss for words, so please excuse me while I try to make up for it; First off, let me congratulate you for honoring my favorite poet of all times, however that is not reason enough to give a higher rating. You practically spoon fed me tragedy, with a hint of 'Misunderstood' in the mix. You seem to fall back on the topic of revival though - and there is nothing wrong with that. I want to see more of these... However you classify this - I need more of it! You owned me after the third line - I didn't even want to look away! You have earned a perfect score, to say the least.

Posted 11 Years Ago


This poem has to be one of my favorites I have read. It feels so intense and I love how you phrase man as monsters. My favorite line though is when you said, "Forcefully faggoted because he doesn’t think with his dick." That was what everyone thinks, but can never really put to words. Also the line, "Let me drown them in my weakness." its like you're using their strength against them and your weakness as a weapon. Its really well written, I wouldn't change a thing. There are a lot of unique things in this poem that i look forward to seeing again. Thanks for a fantastic read.
-Courage

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Nice poem and welcome it had good wordplay and it was ver descriptive. Welcome to writers cafe and keep writing my favourite line was insecurities high enough to give zeus a handshake

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Nice. This could be a feature on this group I've just created: http://www.writerscafe.org/groups/Dystnrqpia/8467/ Feel free to join. oh and BYOM

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

373 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on June 12, 2012
Last Updated on June 12, 2012

Author

Obsidian Wave
Obsidian Wave

Rochester , NY



About
Not much to say. I like to write when I have the time. Mainly poetry, but I've been thinking about expanding. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Betrayal Betrayal

A Poem by Persona


Aqua Vitae Aqua Vitae

A Poem by Jazmen


Succubus Succubus

A Poem by Muse