"Yellow Eyed Dreamer"

"Yellow Eyed Dreamer"

A Poem by FaeryQueen
"

ots

"
"Yellow Eyed Dreamer"

Khatoon Hazara || 7:25pm || Times New Roman || 12 pt. font


---
1 There are auras around you, an orb of some kind.
I know of you, what you entail, what you are comprised of; I can see all the good in you.
I am enchanted by your enigma: that very casing around your heart, has anyone cracked its' code?

2 But I am sheltered and I will never come out of my hiding.
Oh, but only, if for a moment I were to come out, I'd never come back and I have been told that coming out of my shelter is a long and enduring process: one of which I can no longer stand being inside of.
I am not ready, not yet, not so fast, oh, wait for a while, stand outside of my parlor gates; I am of royalty, my blood runs wild with passion and I yearn to see your sleepy eyes.

3 Next to you is where my heart is set upon being in; waking up next to each other, greeted by the morning sun blessing our souls, that is what I have dreamed about, day in, day out.
Am I worthy of your love, that is my kid self asking: but I already know of the answer, I've dreamed about it for such a long time that it is hard to believe that I am not.
You told me of your dark spots, but have I not spoken of mine, have I forgotten to?

4 Buried underneath time's greatest mystique?
Harken, yield here and hear me! At most, my heart is beating, I am fairly breathing, but it is you I wish to be living for, you I wish to die for, you I wish.. I had never let go of [you I wish I should have realized as The One, and although many of my friends don't believe in that pixie dust: I refute all 'maybe'['s] ] .
But time is tricky this way and always in its' coiled mess does it seem to say, "this is why I am, now accept it as you should and move along, for your duty is just to observe[...]".

5 What of human life do you know?
Tell me a little part of myself I fall tarry to.
You know of me, I am clumsy, and I fall so easily into holes that have been dug out for me /// I will rectify all of my sins and start living now /// I would not wish my condition on my worst enemy, for this is a blessing... and my enemies do not deserve blessings, not even do they my pity /// Am I ready for such a leap?

6 I do not wish to take so much pride into my system, as it will only corrupt me further than the extent in which I have presently taken it.
When I get anxious or nervous, I pick my skin, but I am trying to grow my nails longer. 
These are symbols of my patience, I have to wait, I must give my skin time to heal again, and again, and again... over and over, until that which I do ceases to be done in a complete happenstance.

---

7 Nothing must fall, are you OK?
Upset is as upset does, but do not let it soak your brain.
I am the sponge, but then, who will wring me out?

8 As so, I haven't been doing such a good job, and I've only ever wanted to, and even in that task, I fail to do my best, but I try and you know of me to, and solitarily, I am not trying.
Your eyes are glazed over, but as it is looking glassy, they are lovingly looking at me all the same, "You are my queen!"
I am on my side and I quickly get up to sit on my knees and I look at you and grin, shaking my head, "I am nothing of the kind!".

9 I run on the blood of all magical beings' before me; every single race, every creed, every form, every shape; I am of their structure, their stature, their demeanor.
Do not deny my magical blood, nor of my royal status.
And, as I am saying all of these words to you, the both of us laying on your bed, you are smiling at me and thinking to yourself thoughts in private.

8:12pm

© 2018 FaeryQueen


Author's Note

FaeryQueen
[A/N: ***THIS IS WHERE MY DEJA VU KICKS IN AND MY MIND SETS OFF AN ALARM: "ALERT! ALERT! DO NOT POST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" /// I honestly hate whenever a surge of deja vu kicks in coz it ruins the poem.... and the vibe and the mood] ||| after the first line of the 8th verse

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

126 Views
Added on June 6, 2018
Last Updated on June 6, 2018