Jenny's Eyes

Jenny's Eyes

A Poem by AKhaus
"

emotional rant

"
She said I had Jenny's Eyes.
She said I was so lazy that I stank.
She told me these demons are in my head.
She told me to always have a weapon.

The hurt is sometimes deeper than my core.
The rejection is sometimes worse than the isolation.

Abandoned in a crowd and sacrificed to learn the lessons of the world.
Cruel love was all I knew for that time.

I will always have Jenny's Eyes and I will always feel the world around me without hesitation.
If I have to leave I will leave, but I will own these eyes.

© 2018 AKhaus


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

You also have free will to control your own destiny, darling, and the strength of your convictions.
I carry another pair of eyes within my heart; they were never truly mine, but I belonged to he whose eyes they were, and their beauty and the quirky humor that sometimes lit those eyes are forever lodged deep in the heart of me.
Remember always that somebody cares, and I DO MEAN THAT. For me, when I say that, is a serious thing; a commitment to caring. I know how you feel, truly. Be strong, and if no one else seems to love you, honey, LOVE YOURSELF. I don't know where you stand with Jesus, but He will stand beside you if you let Him. I will,truly, keep you in my prayers. Not just empty, pretty words. I am adding you to my list.

Posted 5 Years Ago


When people are unkind, it is amazing how long those remarks stick with us. Kindness costs nothing. When people are unkind it tells me far more about them than to whom they were directing their unkindness.

Chris

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

AKhaus

5 Years Ago

You are so right! Thank you Chris for your kind words.
Chris Shaw

5 Years Ago

It is a lovely poem and I especially liked your ending lines.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

133 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 5, 2018
Last Updated on September 5, 2018

Author

AKhaus
AKhaus

Columbus, OH



About
creative imagination with a love for Shakespeare more..

Writing
Who to be Who to be

A Poem by AKhaus


Words Words

A Poem by AKhaus


Rancid Rancid

A Poem by AKhaus