Skydiving experience

Skydiving experience

A Story by Thomas Lucas
"

my first skydiving experience

"

We all have different things on the bucket list. For some people it includes travelling around the world, Rubix Cube Solvation, taking participation on the color run, obtaining a Ph.D. degree, getting a chance to see the Northern light, and for other people more risky , life-threatening activities such as jumping off a high cliff into the ocean, scuba diving, riding a motorcycle , acquiring pilot license matter more.

 

So I belong to the second category of people with as some might say “crazy” ideas on mind and skydiving was one of them.

 

I would say the organization of activity was the most difficult part, as I always planned it for my birthday. Usual celebrations in restaurants and bars seemed boring to me and actually didn't bring much happiness last few times and I just thought as birthday is the exceptional day it could be fun to do something extraordinary and memorable. However, there were always obstacles - lack of money, bad weather (my birthday is in October, so it was too windy and rainy sometimes) or celebration trips to other countries.

 

But this time was different, it was my friend's birthday, that took place in June, therefore, impediments like skydiving weather conditions or trips were excluded, and money was prepared. Nothing could stop me! That what I said to myself, but you know, life is full of surprises and unforeseen circumstances, that you even wasn't thinking of, take place from time to time. So on the day of my tandem jump nothing foretold troubles - I woke up in time, without experiencing worries, weather forecast claimed just sunny weather, my friend texted me too, telling how excited she was. But when the moment to leave the house came, I couldn't find my keys. It seemed so suspicious to me, as I spent the whole day before in the apartment, so the keys just disappeared precisely on this day ???!!! how come?! Some people would definitely take it as a sign not to go anywhere, moreover, they even can connect all the past events, all the plannings, and obstacles on its way and get sure that the signs were even before. Well, to be honest, I had such thoughts in my head too, but still, my gut feeling was pushing me to leave the building and deal with the key situation later, when I get back to Prague.

 

Together with my friend we came to the office and signed some papers and in 10 minutes we were already driving to the airport.  Our anticipation and happiness rose even more. However, I had such a strange feeling, even though I was already on the way , still this all  seemed unreal. 

 

We got to our destination.  We were given instructions, costumes, met people who actually would jump with us. Everyone was in a such great mood, smiling, laughing, making  jokes. We got to the plane, sat down and were waiting when the plane would reach the needed high, 4200 meters. I was smiling constantly, thinking: “ it's happening, it’s finally happening!” . and when we reached the needed meters, the door opened and I was first to jump. Still no worries, no fear could not approach me. Frankly, it’s very hard to explain how exactly it felt like. There is one saying that confirms my thought:” To those who jump, no explanation is necessary, to those who don't jump, no explanation is possible”, however, I'll try my best. It's crazy, not comparable to anything familiar to me , its  feeling of deliverance. I truly believe that such activities open own minds, remove psychological blocks, improve our personality in general. For me, it's some kind of meditation (i know it sounds super strange and odd, since all the meditation practices are calm) , nevertheless, my point here is since people, in general, live in such routine life, they are not present in a moment, always wasting their attention to trivial things and gathering more and more clutter in their heads  they can't fully see the things around them or enjoy simple beauty. Skydiving, as other adrenaline activities or accidents in life drag attention fully, therefore, the mind becomes clean and there are no thoughts at all, just conscious.  Also, I experienced the feeling of power. Just imagine, you know you're falling down, at the same time, you know you gonna live. it fees like to be some kind of  unbreakable, immortal.  

 When we already landed, I even couldn't walk or talk, my mind was still empty, I just wanted to sit, close my eyes and relax. I could not do it because of my friend, she really wanted to share her experience and hear mine as well.

I felt sad leaving the airport, as, in a blink of an eye, time passed, but I wanted to jump again. However, deep inside I know, it was definitely not my last jump, so many to come.

 

If to go back to that situation with the mysterious disappearance of the keys, well, after calling to my flatmate I found out that he took it by mistake, as they looked totally the same. So it was just a simple sign that someone “stole” my keys, nothing more.  I included this story too, to show how  overthinking and fear  can be on the way of what we pursue and that it’s important to move no matter what happens  Because if I was a coward, I would never experience skydiving.  

© 2017 Thomas Lucas


Author's Note

Thomas Lucas
ignore grammar problems - as im not an english native speaker

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Lol, You are right.
you've really made the point. Coward can never skydive.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Thomas Lucas

6 Years Ago

thank you)))all my friends are like that , its just impossible to do some dun activity with them

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

250 Views
1 Review
Added on November 26, 2017
Last Updated on December 1, 2017
Tags: skydiving, experience, fun

Author

Thomas Lucas
Thomas Lucas

Sevran, France



About
Ecleepse est une entreprise de nettoyage et de propreté more..

Writing