i dont want to fight

i dont want to fight

A Poem by shadow night

People say many things

I don’t understand why they say a lot of what they say

Why can’t we all just get along

I don’t want to fight to night

I just want to dream of a world where we get along

Where violence and anger is no more

Revenge has no need

And there’s no blood shed for a single jewel

Where when we work together it accomplishes so much more

I don’t want to fight

I’m tired of it all

it has to start some where and I guess

It will start with me

I don’t want to fight tonight

© 2012 shadow night


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

well now... that was considerably better. but, yeah, people won't change. it'll be too much to explain here, but the bottom line is a single act of... non-violence? it will not change the world. it's nice to think it can, but it won't. kudos for trying, though.

Posted 12 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Many people hope for a world with no violence but many are to afraid of other's opinions. I love how you have the courage to voice your opinion like that. Unfortunately people don't like change. We are all so accustomed to the fighting that a world full of non-violence is just that... a dream. I share the smae opinion as you. Really great write!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

there is to much fighting as it is

Posted 12 Years Ago


0 of 2 people found this review constructive.

well now... that was considerably better. but, yeah, people won't change. it'll be too much to explain here, but the bottom line is a single act of... non-violence? it will not change the world. it's nice to think it can, but it won't. kudos for trying, though.

Posted 12 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Heartless,

I agree with Angel Bird completely, it all starts with us as individuals.

Opening just a bit - Your words mirror a hint of my life - I as you grew up in this manner only to go a few steps further. (For another time)

We are a different breed, the outcast in a heard. At time it feels we have to fight hard, think smarter, in order to fit in, and blend. Our anger runs deeper in our veins than most yet why is it we are the ones who feel change needs to start with us?

Beautiful Write

P.S. You might consider entering this into Poetic Infusion Society contest (Book 2 Enlightenment).

Legacy


Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 4 people found this review constructive.

If we want to change the world - we have to start in ourselves. Yes the world could be a better place if it weren't for greed and jealousy. Good thought provoking piece.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

258 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 27, 2011
Last Updated on March 25, 2012
Tags: fight, tiredness, greed

Author

shadow night
shadow night

mansfield, OH



About
i'm 18 and so young yet i am disgusted with humanity. i hope that future generations can make the world better. i belive we should treat the earth better and not kill each othere for the dumbest thing.. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by shadow night


Wounder Wounder

A Poem by shadow night



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


love love

A Poem by shadow night


Fae Fae

A Poem by shadow night


Dark Secrets Dark Secrets

A Poem by Legacy