Applying for a Scholarship

Applying for a Scholarship

A Story by Kimiko Watson
"

Lord, you know that I need this scholarship. I ask thee to let thy will be done.

"

I may not be the brightest star in the sky, but I do work just as hard to shine. My name is Kimiko Watson; I am currently a second-year student pursuing a Bachelors Degree in Secondary Education (English Language/ Literature). However, I am not yet registered even after taking student loan I am still unable to pay the reminding fee that I owe the institution. I really hope that you will read my story and take me into consideration as I am basically on my own in finding the fees to be fully registered. I was given to my father by my mother at the age of nine (9) months. My father took me to live with his grandmother, and a few months after I turned one my father died at the tender age of twenty-two (22). After the death of my father, my only hope was my great-grandmother, she sent me right through Early Childhood, Primary and High School; however, on May 3, 2015, she passed away and my source of assistance was no more. My passion has always been to mold the young minds of the generations yet to come by becoming an educator, and my grandmother has always encouraged me to follow my dreams and to go by faith. I took a leap of faith when I applied for teacher’s College because I did not know where the funds would come from to pay for me to get here but I continued to pray and have faith.

As a young lady leaving high school I knew that I would encounter challenges but was not prepared to lose my caregiver (great-grandmother). After my grandmother died, it became a reality that I had no family members around me neither to support me financially or emotionally When I realize that my family members did not care enough to lend me a helping hand it makes me feel unwanted and unloved. I am currently living with a teacher from High school and his family. I have realized that it is a great burden on the family to be taking care of an individual that is not a part of their family, and I do feel like a burden to them.  I can assure you that you granting me this scholarship, your hard earn money will not go in vain. I am determined to uplift myself and make the best of this opportunity to get a tertiary education. To be given this start for the coming school year will be a great blessing to receive. I thank you for this great initiative.

© 2017 Kimiko Watson


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

128 Views
Added on April 26, 2017
Last Updated on April 26, 2017

Author

Kimiko Watson
Kimiko Watson

Jamaica



About
My grandmother is the reason why I write. She has always encourage me by telling me that I can be anything and do anything that i put my mind to. I will continue to believe that any thing that I conce.. more..

Writing