DEAD: Heartbreak and Guilt

DEAD: Heartbreak and Guilt

A Poem by kingblaq
"

Guilt and Frustration of a dead lover

"

Dirge of the midnight

Sadness in every word

Pain pumped in the heart

She curse the day she fell in love

 

Darkness in the sunshine

Madness in the moonlight

Tears of a lifetime

Anger in the graveyard

 

I died

I died!

I promised her a forever after

But... I died.

 

I took away her hope

Left her alone in a world so cold

Without joy, to forever mope

'Cause I died

 

How do I tell her to drop that knife?

How do I tell her I'm not gone?

How do I tell her about the tiny heartbeat in her womb?

How...?

 

I'm dead...

And it hurts

© 2012 kingblaq


Author's Note

kingblaq
please review honestly

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
xx
"Anger in the graveyard" - I love that. There aren't many poetic fragments that stay with me long, but that one just rolled off my tongue and is still rolling around in my head, bumping against all the nooks and crannies. It's an apt description of the regret or the bitterness one would feel, unable to do anything at all, restricted to merely watching the goings-on without being of any use.

It's a tragic story, the one nestled into these lines, the woman mourning for her dead lover, unaware that his only remaining living legacy is alive and well inside her. It's a sad, sad thing, the inability to see the things that are so critical, that could make all the difference, between even life and death, whether figurative or metaphorical.

Just one minor little thing - the last line of the first stanza. You might want to edit that tense error there; I think that was just a simple misspelling, so I have no doubt you'll find it easy to correct.

Good work, and keep writing! :)

-Mina

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

The deep anguish is portrayed with striking imagery. Very sad, but well written. Thanks for sharing...

Posted 6 Years Ago


This is the first poem I have read of yours kingblaq and I was extremely impressed. Content very gothic and surreal. This is one superb poem, I couldn't fault it. Top marks and I'm sending you a friend request. I must read more of you.

Thank you for submitting this to my contest! Helena

Posted 11 Years Ago


this totally confused me

Posted 11 Years Ago


Africa has produced a lot of fine literature, and this is excellent too, hard, simple words that produce a lot of thought, a poem with a story but also lyrical power.
Good work.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Brilliant Writing, Intense and suspenseful Scenerio, How do I tell her to drop that knife?
"How do I tell her I'm not gone?
How do I tell her about the tiny heartbeat in her womb?
How...?" crowns it all.... Welldone!

Posted 11 Years Ago


wow so dark and powerful....good job

Posted 11 Years Ago


Oh man. This is a poem with a palpable ache to it. Once we're done, we're done and we can't reach out from the grave to help those we left behind. At least this is my belief.
Strong writing.

Posted 11 Years Ago


dark but lovely!!!

Posted 11 Years Ago


It's hard to critique something so emotionally palpable, because you certainly have the emotional and sensory cues in this. My suggestions have to do more with grammar and structure. First capitalizing the first word of every line throws off the flow, if it doesn't start a new sentence it's grammatically incorrect to capitalize a word at the beginning of every line. Also curse in your L3 of the first stanza should be cursed.

I like the effect of the color on some of the words to add emphasis. I think it works well, as we often associate colors with an emotion or feeling. Definitely evocative and provocative in thought and feeling.

I encourage you to keep writing to read and comment.

Blessings, Tammy

Posted 11 Years Ago


The pain and mental agony has burdened those words rather beautifully. I love how you italicized 'dead', greatly emphasized the meaning, the mourning, the tragedy of death. Whether it is the physical actual death that kills her, or the metaphorical kind of people changing, love changing directions, either ways, this is brilliant. And also the last part, just wonderful, how you bring two contradictory things, death with hurt, and it really caught my attention. I admire your writing, good job.

Posted 11 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

568 Views
22 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 14, 2012
Last Updated on March 27, 2012
Tags: dead, emotional, sad, pregnant, suicide

Author

kingblaq
kingblaq

Ibadan, Nigeria, Oyo State, Nigeria



About
born in '93, Nigerian, and a lover of art more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..