I believe In You

I believe In You

A Poem by kingblaq
"

Sometimes A few words from you is all I need

"
The star might be small from our point of view,

but it not only beautifies the night sky, it lightens it!

Dear, you have what it takes to be a sun

You are an inspiration to those who know you.


Just don't get discouraged,

Always there's light at the end of the tunnel.

A dawn to every cold night

What you're facing today is just a test that heroes must take..

A tear drop to unlock your chest of boundless joy


And always remember...

No matter what the machete does,

The root is always there for the shrub

you can lean on me,

I believe in your dreams

I believe in you.....

© 2013 kingblaq


Author's Note

kingblaq
My world is about collapsing around me... And when my dreams began to fade, a sis showed me these words, said I said it her once, when she had no hope. Said she was sorry she was using my words to console me, but she couldn't find better words...
I know it'sn't the most perfect poem {it isn't poetry to me}, but they mean alot to me

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

You call it what you may...I call it thoughtful words that testify to the love of brother and sister and it just doesn't get any better than that. It comes from the heart and soul where all words of meaningful emotional heart wrenching and yet uplifting poetry are born... "you have what it takes to be a sun" let your light shine on...Lean into the wind of your dreams...

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

This is very lyrical, if you were to blend some Patti Smith Group behind it, this would make for an awesome spoken word piece.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Beautiful!! very Simple and yet Very Beautiful! welldone!

Posted 11 Years Ago


No matter what the machete does,

The root is always there for the shrub

beautiful.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Very beautiful. You have a wonderful gift.

Posted 11 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
AK
Brilliant poem! The words of encouragement are really good! Keep writing!

Posted 11 Years Ago


It is very meaningful. Youand your siter have inspired each other.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Sorry to disagree with you, my friend, but this is poetry from the heart. There is nothing better than raw emotion..and the fact that she remembered them to tell you says a GREAT deal about how much your sister loves you and respects you. I found this heartwarming and it gave me goosebumps to read your author's note as well...(they are the bumps I get when I hear a lovely piece of music or, as in this case, read words that just touch the very core of my being..lyrical in their own way) BTW---what you said to your sister is just what I would imagine my brother saying...(just not in such elegent words..but the meaning would still be there) :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


The pom is beautiful. I like the positive desire of the words.
"What you're facing today is just a test that heroes must take..
A tear drop to unlock your chest of boundless joy"
All of us need someone to believe in us. Thank you for the outstanding poetry.
Coyote

Posted 11 Years Ago


You call it what you may...I call it thoughtful words that testify to the love of brother and sister and it just doesn't get any better than that. It comes from the heart and soul where all words of meaningful emotional heart wrenching and yet uplifting poetry are born... "you have what it takes to be a sun" let your light shine on...Lean into the wind of your dreams...

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Great job shows alot of emotion. Strong words they definitely cheered me up can't wait to read more bud :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

624 Views
12 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on May 21, 2012
Last Updated on November 7, 2013

Author

kingblaq
kingblaq

Ibadan, Nigeria, Oyo State, Nigeria



About
born in '93, Nigerian, and a lover of art more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


~Blush~ ~Blush~

A Poem by Robbie~xoxo~