My Writers Cafe.

My Writers Cafe.

A Story by Thomas Fitzgerald
"

I've been asked quite a few times today what my writerscafe.org is, so heres my response.

"

There are has been an ever escalating argument between writers on the site for the past few days now - I'm not one to name names however if you are an avid reader you'll know. A lot of my readers contacted me asking my advice on how to process this information and if it was worth staying on this site.

When I joined writerscafe a million years ago, I remember the excitement - giving my work to the world, for them to read and comment on, give me advice on. The most terrifying thing though is that this site is packed with other amazing writers that can cut you like a knife with their words. Don't get me wrong, I neither agree with this practice nor dis-agree, hell, I know quite well that some of work deserved to end up in a bin and not with my name beside it on a site such as this.

My point is though that with this tornado of opinions and positions not all of us will agree to everything or with everyone. That’s life as we know it, and no-one can change that, but we can be more subjective in how we approach each other.

Be respectful, use civilised language when addressing each other - and do not start a campaign of hatred against each other, it isn't productive and isn't good for you. If you’re anything like me and try to get along with all - then it must be a heavy burden on the heart to see some of your favourite writers at each other’s throats. I am mature enough to know that some people will just never get a long - and that’s fine.

When it comes to the point when the writers on here are getting so abusive that it borders on the outrageous, or when we are not thick skinned enough to take such abuse, the writerscafe have wonderful facilities of blocking and flagging - use them if you must, but do not go to war with each other - I beg of you.

What is writerscafe for me - a haven for all writers, readers and friends - let’s keep it that way shall we?

© 2013 Thomas Fitzgerald


Author's Note

Thomas Fitzgerald
This is not preaching to anyone, just my take on the situation.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Thomas, thankfully I was off a couple of days and missed it..I find if you can't agree with ones writing..block them..do not run them down..I love this site and the people on it and have made some long time friends..so I like Thomas...say please try to be kind to each other..Kathie

Posted 10 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Thomas Fitzgerald

10 Years Ago

Thanks



Reviews

Those are good points and heartily agree. Some people can be very abrupt and cut someone at their low ebb on times. What you say is right in it's way. and keep up the good work.

Posted 8 Years Ago


This or something similar should be on the main page of the website. As well, I think it's something everyone should see or hear in some shape or form. Common decency isn't so common anymore.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Not preachy at all, Thomas. I echo your sentiments. Be respectful, and if all else fails just avoid those you don't get along with. Just like the real world. No use turning this into a war zone, it's far too valuable a site.

Posted 10 Years Ago


I think this needs to be required reading for all existing members and future members. I try to be as diplomatic as possible at all times and, right this very minute, there are three people for whom I have so much respect, people who at one point respected one another, at each others' throats, and it breaks my heart to bits. I'm here as a serious writer, hoping to glean as much advice as possible while finishing my novel, and having fun with poetry; and I try to offer my help whenever it is asked for (and, sometimes when it's not *laugh*) Thanks so much for posting this. Something drew me to it...and I'm pleased it did. Yours is the voice of reason and i echo your thoughts 100%.

-kimmer

Posted 10 Years Ago


I agree one hundred percent! I would love to see people get along even though we all know it is not possible. It is a shame, but if we just got along, yes I agree with you on the fact that we dont all get along and we may not like the comments we recieve but that is their opinions we cant take it to heart. I hope the drama and fights cease.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I saw a battle going on the other night between some young people on the live feed...I dont know why they just didnt block each other...it was getting quite vulgar.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Thomas Fitzgerald

10 Years Ago

I agree.
Well put.
You are wise enough to know you won't convince everyone to follow your thoughts, though many here agree with them. Some really enjoy the thrill of being hurtful. (Never understood that thought myself.)
I'll step off my little platform now.


Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I couldn't have said this better my self....

Nicely said.... :O)

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is the second work I've read today detailing this "situation"...see, i step away for a few days and I miss the fireworks!

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Compartment 114
Compartment 114
Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Stats

1659 Views
47 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on April 15, 2013
Last Updated on April 15, 2013
Tags: Freedom of Speech, Respect for others, Difference of Opinion.

Author

Thomas Fitzgerald
Thomas Fitzgerald

Wexford, Leinster, Ireland



About
To all who know by now - I love you. For those that don't, I review a lot of work on here, and I expect the same in return, friend me but make sure to have conviction! I'm a horror writer mostly bu.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..