The Cell.

The Cell.

A Poem by Thomas Fitzgerald
"

A look into misery.

"
Lying on a dirty floor,
Bare walls of no colour,
Books by the lamp stand,
Thoughts of no favor,
The moons weakest light,
Essence of one's soul,
Ambiance of no meaning,
The night black as coal,
Body as hard as rock,
Morning light is so cold,
Stars are now facing,
another day to unfold,
Head is now spinning,
Thoughts of no spell,
Fear is now rising,
All alone in this cell.

© 2011 Thomas Fitzgerald


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

"Color" is good enough for Webster's Dictionary...which, ( in the No.198 version edited by John Gage Allee, PH.D Professor of English Philology, The George Washington University) does not even offer the alternative spelling. So I think it is sufficient. As for content you bring out the feeling forlorn and abandoned very well. Reminds me a lot of Lord Byron...another rather gloomy fellow. Well done.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

captures the emotion well,
nice piece!

Posted 13 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

The worst cell to be locked in is the cell within one's self. And that's what I always thought misery to be. The dirty floor and the weak light are great metaphor of the internal feelings the speaker is feeling. I think you should talk up the prison imagery though. A great metaphor I'm thinking of is comparing prison bars to the speakers rib cage (lack of nutrition).


Posted 13 Years Ago


You've done a wonderful job of describing the feeling of being alone and trapped in a cell.

Posted 13 Years Ago


A dark and forlorn place to be, in prison, be it a real cell, or simply one of our own making....you've captured it well...the bleak existence, sense of hopelessness, life devoid of meaning and colour. Nice write my friend!

Posted 13 Years Ago


"Color" is good enough for Webster's Dictionary...which, ( in the No.198 version edited by John Gage Allee, PH.D Professor of English Philology, The George Washington University) does not even offer the alternative spelling. So I think it is sufficient. As for content you bring out the feeling forlorn and abandoned very well. Reminds me a lot of Lord Byron...another rather gloomy fellow. Well done.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

To be locked up and no way out. It would be a hard way to live. I like the description and feeling of emptiness in the poem. I have known many people who spend time in prison. They desire never to be in a 4 by 4 again. A very good ending to a excellent poem.
Coyote

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

250 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 15, 2011
Last Updated on April 15, 2011
Tags: Jail, Gaol, Prisoner.

Author

Thomas Fitzgerald
Thomas Fitzgerald

Wexford, Leinster, Ireland



About
To all who know by now - I love you. For those that don't, I review a lot of work on here, and I expect the same in return, friend me but make sure to have conviction! I'm a horror writer mostly bu.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..