The Letter.

The Letter.

A Story by Thomas Fitzgerald
"

A letter to my younger self.

"
Dear Thomas,
One thinks highly of one's self at the younger ages, so much endless possibilities, minutes last hours, days last a hundred years. You my dear boy are no different, you are the center of you earth and commander of your own destiny. Thats the way a young child should be, the world is you oyster and everyones doorstep is your own to thread on.
I merely have one thing to say to you, I am sorry. Sorry for expecting so much of, for driving you to do the things that many of the times you didn't want to. Sorry for always expecting you to excel at everything, for expecting you to be top of your game, a straight A student and for always leaving having you build a guard against even the friendliest of people. 
Mostly, my sweet innocent child, sorry for not giving you the courage to stand up to those that did you wrong. I'm sorry for never alloying you to be brave and tell others you weakness, maybe you would have been helped and not turned into that angry and overly confident teenager.
Lastly always remember to be good to yourself, be vigilant when trusting others and lean on your friends a little more, remember you cant always be their rock,
Goodbye for now my dear boy, I'll see you in a few years.

© 2011 Thomas Fitzgerald


Author's Note

Thomas Fitzgerald
Just something to remember the past and protect the future.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
☯
Wow, very, and deeply introspective. I did one for myself too a time ago. It's very thoughtful and paining to write things like these. To put your full feelings and thoughts into each sentence. To look at your mistakes and actually admit it. Very nice job, you've really spoken to yourself and everyone. Great job. :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

we all have regrets and we all want a better way for are children.

Posted 12 Years Ago


A very purposeful and healthy task...I hope you rest in the freedom...I loved that there were typos and you graced yourself to let them be...they were powerful moments in your words...I think we all should take opportunities periodically to write ourselves such letters...thank you...I was blessed

Posted 12 Years Ago


So sacred, precious.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Great words of wisdom Thomas. If only we could really send things into the past. Perhaps things could have been different or changed in someway. I can be hard looking back on things, but sometimes, it's even harder to realize whats going on while in the present situation. Inspirational and Moving the core. I think that you are one of the most amazing writers I've ever met. A work of art :) Keep writing and stay true.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is very touching Thomas. Interesting how we reflect back and can see so much. Thank you for sharing.

Posted 12 Years Ago


my teacher made us write thtt type of letter to be theres things in there tht i too would like to erase im trying to make my futture better this letter has inspired me i love it!!:)

Posted 12 Years Ago


im taking this idea lol great stuff

Posted 12 Years Ago


Wow, Thomas, this was so deeply moving! It is also quite a brilliant idea! Your words always capture me! LOVED IT!

Posted 12 Years Ago


my friend the way this moved was true skill rolling like the tide you deliver perfect and Im only sorry i havent read sooner my friend cheers
Gonzo

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

the wisdom of experience - everyone you were is part of everyone you become - good for you for nurturing your younger self.

Posted 12 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

726 Views
25 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on May 1, 2011
Last Updated on May 1, 2011

Author

Thomas Fitzgerald
Thomas Fitzgerald

Wexford, Leinster, Ireland



About
To all who know by now - I love you. For those that don't, I review a lot of work on here, and I expect the same in return, friend me but make sure to have conviction! I'm a horror writer mostly bu.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


dear mom dear mom

A Poem by quinfinn