Your Story!

Your Story!

A Story by Thomas Fitzgerald
"

A look at a simple, but powerful emotion.

"

“Release me, I demand of you, now, do it!” this argument will last forever. My head screams at me to find release in it, to bathe with it, but no, my capture will never free their arms from around my waist and my heart.

Ah to be months back, times were different, more shallow it’s true, but who isn’t shallow these day’s in some form or another I ask you. I shared hands, paths and all things that lead to my happiness. We declared romance, right and the innocence of capturing each other, like falling from a great height yet landing softly, on feathers that build around our minds.

Now look at me, my skin had felt o soap in weeks, tears the only salvation, making roads in the dirt. Sweat, urine makes the air sweet and sickly to the point where senses merely jolt instead of puke. Ingrained mud, coffee and faeces can only be detected by science from prints of fingers and hands.

“I beg you, my good foe, let me leave you. I yearn for normality again, for to be clean of heart, body and mind, let memory punish me now. I have no anger, no fear, and no tears left for you, please, I beg of you”

. . . . . . . . . . “No, my dear sweet boy, I will never let you go, not until that is, you have strength enough to push me away, then and only then, will I loosen my grip, you pathetic, pitiful man, have you no sense of yourself, I am Grief, I am forever.”

© 2011 Thomas Fitzgerald


Author's Note

Thomas Fitzgerald
Be as honest as you dare.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Potently wrenching!
Grief is something that never leaves..never..years may trail on from the days of those we lose...each new phase of life offers something to be shared and when we are lost in grief...who do we share that with?
Wrenching!
I can relate...grieving never stops...it only mutates and all we can do is evolve with it, somehow, some way!
xoxo

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Grief is a m**********r. Tears holes in us all. It's interesting that this never makes mention of the one who is grieved.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Thomas Fitzgerald

10 Years Ago

Thank you x
This was a great read. I really liked the story. The last paragraph was my favorite because it just wraps the story up perfectly. I agree that grief never leaves. I have grieved the loss of a few of my friends. They didn't die that long ago. It's been hard on me. Sometimes people hold onto grief for a while. They try to fight it, but it can be hard to fight. I think you did a nice. Thanks for sharing.

Posted 12 Years Ago


You have shown that Grief is an enemy we must all battle alone. Some roads we must walk down alone. Very insightful and moving. Thank you for sharing!

Posted 12 Years Ago


'the innocence of capturing each other'
This is all I needed from this for my own purposes. I think perhaps, that's all we search for in others writing: an excuse or a validation of our own selfish thoughts.
Thank you.
I feel decrepit when I read your words.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Wow, this is great, loved it!!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

The old-fashioned language sets us up nicely for the ageless Grief, who is, as you say, forever.
Even if the protagonist does give himself a shake, the Grief will always be just a step behind.
Good stuff.
ATB
Alex.



Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

WOW! Amazing!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

That was actually really amazing. I think grief is something we all think is put upon us by other things, but it's really put on by ourselves and it can take a long time to figure that out. I like the style on how you wrote this.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Freakish read. Proof that love and rejection know no gender boundary.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Really well-penned personification!

Posted 12 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

576 Views
20 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on November 11, 2011
Last Updated on November 11, 2011

Author

Thomas Fitzgerald
Thomas Fitzgerald

Wexford, Leinster, Ireland



About
To all who know by now - I love you. For those that don't, I review a lot of work on here, and I expect the same in return, friend me but make sure to have conviction! I'm a horror writer mostly bu.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..