Twisted Logic.

Twisted Logic.

A Poem by Thomas Fitzgerald
"

A study if you will, of the minds of those that think they are morally superiour to most of us.

"

Failing senses and twisted logic are never far from grasp,

With tongues of lies seated squarely in times mouth,

A new world beckons from men in golden thrones,

A mind will fight for freedom to run upon a new route.

 

Casting circles in sands with no premise of ending,

A finger pushes skin to yield to pressures of lust,

Crowns of thorns are all we need for pious contemplation,

The mirror a looking piece now truth's in the dust.

 

Make haste, make children, make peace are you mad,

Raping women a pastime for centuries of the popes,

Clearing woodlands like darkness lifted investments,

No river has torrents strong enough to wash away hopes.

 

Lay back and think of your Mothers embrace now final,

No longer are innocent if such things capable of you,

A sense of being is all we yearn for in the arid waters,

Learn quickly my fellows for heaven waits for a few

© 2012 Thomas Fitzgerald


Author's Note

Thomas Fitzgerald
As always, be honest.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I never understand the logic of this world. Each day I get more amazed at the hate and fear. Your poem open the door to many questions answered with kindness and forgiveness. I did many mission to Africa with food, water and medicine. The gifts of kindness open the door to friendship. I agree with your ending. Few will enter the gates of heaven. Thank you for the excellent poem.
Coyote

Posted 12 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Such a powerful piece my friend. The volumes of your message so clear, so vivid as the images of what may lie ahead flash through the mind of this reader. Where past has never truly been left behind, as it repeats, and repeats.... Thank you for sharing this. A symbol of your Faith, and the Hope that lingers upon you.

Posted 11 Years Ago


As you can see, I am back for this one. This time, not many words come from me but a full agreement with "Zeitgeist Manifesto". Spectacular work through and through.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

By now, I have read through several other of your poems and know what you mean in the "Author's Note": Honesty. I must work on this aspect of my writing, or rather, on being able to expose the realities of my life more in my poems. With more readings of your work, I might even get there someday. Thank you for sharing your beautiful work (beautiful=without pretense, from the core of your being, with language of elevated style and rhythm, with rare insight, and much more...but then again, you have probably heard all of what I am saying before.)

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

For many people, questioning everything they have been taught is one of the frightening things they can ever face. I guess this is why writers such as yourself can be considered so "dark" or "radical"....but...Your way of logic is the only way to right wrongs that have been justified for generations and create change...and that is change for the better.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This was very honest and very well written. The world we live in is at times very troubling and confusing.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

You basically sum up why the church we grew up in is an effed-up organization.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

you know how in highschool you're forced to read poetry and books by famous and well respected authors , an most students hate it? well one, im an odd one, i grow quite fund of those writings and from the looks of it my kids or my grand kids will be forced to read your work when theyre in school (: that to me is the best thing to say ^^

Posted 11 Years Ago


This is exactly what draws me to your words, the harsh bitter truth that bites. Strong, intense write. Wonderfully penned.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Logic? umm....It is so difficult to understand logic......We live in a fake world.....in public, we live in a mask thats what we are, but in this WC we are real.....forgiveness is the key to unlock the door, meaning to be free....."freedom"...I love the last stanza "Lay back and think of your Mothers embraace now final, No longer are innocent if such things capable of you, A sense of being is all we yearn for in the arid waters, Learn quickly my fellows for heaven waits for a few." Thanks for sharing your beautiful piece of art. Well done!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I bet you'd love the song Sacrilege by AFI
btw there really is no logic, just beleif and despair XD make the best of it before you end up in a grave, "It's a Wonderful Life" I'm on the side of human specie haters XP forgetting the fact that I am one. You make a valid point through this writing, one most forget or care very little of, good thing I'm not in the masses. Excellent writing, but don't forget the other points of veiw exist too.

Posted 12 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1851 Views
56 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 5 Libraries
Added on March 12, 2012
Last Updated on March 12, 2012
Tags: Life, Moral, Morality, Religion.

Author

Thomas Fitzgerald
Thomas Fitzgerald

Wexford, Leinster, Ireland



About
To all who know by now - I love you. For those that don't, I review a lot of work on here, and I expect the same in return, friend me but make sure to have conviction! I'm a horror writer mostly bu.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Choke me Choke me

A Poem by Muse


Sugar and Sun Sugar and Sun

A Poem by Muse