Heartbroken

Heartbroken

A Story by Aaron Nova
"

Once in love, Alex's heart was broken by Elissa, the girl she though would never leave her.

"
"At times like this, she was what I needed the most; but it turns out I was not what she wanted." I could't help myself so I let the tears fall down my face as I spoke softly into the phone's microphone.
"You couldn't help what happened to her." Jema, Elissa's sarcastic best friend, had been the first person to find out about her. 
"I didn't bother calling her when I got home. I did't see the letter she wrote me on the nightstand." My voice was shaky as my breaths became shorter and hesitated. Tears began falling faster and heavier out of my green eyes, splashing against the three page suicide note on my bare lap.
"Alex, Eli didn't die because you didn't call her last night. It was because of her parents harassment and constant bullying, you know this. So don't put yourself down like you're doing, it isn't healthy." Jema was right but I still couldn't wrap my mind around Eli's death. She wanted so much in our future, there was a ring ad everything. She had it all planned out for us. But then her parents came in again, and I had no idea when or why but they did.
"She was so happy." I managed to wimmper those few words painfully, my heart breaking with every breath I took that she didn't. 
"Often times the happiest people are the saddest. And do you know what?" Jema paused and I wiped the tears off my cheeks ad sighed before giving her an answer.
"What?" I asked weakly waiting for some smart a*s, sarcastic response.
"She was always happy with you, you were her only happiness in the darkness of things." Jema's voice had an uncanny tone of sweetness and honesty wrapped in sincerity making me momentarily confused who I was talking to. I have never thought that she could be serious and sincere for once, I guess death changes people. Even those who never thought much of it.

© 2016 Aaron Nova


Author's Note

Aaron Nova
This was a written for a contest but if anyone ends up liking it I can start something off of it.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

113 Views
Added on June 18, 2016
Last Updated on June 18, 2016
Tags: lesbian, break up, love, heartache, death, suicide

Author

Aaron Nova
Aaron Nova

Rochester, NY



About
I love writing, I have for over eight years. Romance and science fiction are my favorite genres. more..

Writing
Haunted Haunted

A Poem by Aaron Nova


Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Aaron Nova


Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by Aaron Nova