Morning... (A One Piece Fan Fic for contest)

Morning... (A One Piece Fan Fic for contest)

A Story by Kitalia Emme
"

A fan fic for contest. Nothing more.

"
It felt as if it was nearing morning, the cool air drifting down into the hold bringing with it the slightest chill. He rolled tighter into the blanket reaching up for his pillow. Odd, it was gone. He pulled the blanket tighter still.
A soft melodic voice drifted in from somewhere, working its way into the silence of the dream, beckoning him into the warmth. Ah, warmth. He scooted closer to the source of the warmth as the sirens voice called out again. He reached out to embrace the warmth, soft and tender.
Wait.
That was not soft or tender. He was jolted into reality as a rock hard fist made contact with the side of his head.
“That was uncalled for, Marimo!” he shouted, jumping to his feet.
Zoro stood slowly, his face red with anger, and perhaps embarrassment?
“Sanji!” the voice came from above “I love your meat.”
The utterance that drifted down from the hammock above ended the fight as the two stood staring at each other, dumbfounded. Zoro’s face twisted into a sadistic grin as she shook his head, snickering.
“I’ll see what I can do.” Sanji muttered, reaching into his pocket for his escape and heading to the kitchen.
“And I thought you boy’s were going to end up sleeping all day!” the angelic voice drifted into the room, reminding him why he was there.
“Oh’, Sanji? I need-”
His momentary bubble of joy burst, that’s right. He was only a tool.
“Coming!” He called back dutifully.
At least he was never bored, this dysfunctional band of misfits that called themselves a crew, chasing dreams like trying to catch smoke. The call to adventure, and the hearts that connected through this maddening journey. Despite rude awakenings and unreturned affections, despite blatant idiocy and unbridled reckless immaturity, this was where he belonged.
He tossed a lid over the pot and rushed to answer the call…

© 2014 Kitalia Emme


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

166 Views
Added on October 5, 2014
Last Updated on October 5, 2014

Author

Kitalia Emme
Kitalia Emme

TX



About
***Sorry for my absence. I lost a husband, fought addiction, and came out stronger that ever. I have been sober for 10 months. I am pulling my life together and healing from my loss (No, I wasn't wi.. more..

Writing