Written in stone

Written in stone

A Story by kitkat7
"

7-word challenge contest writing

"

Sitting on the grass she stared longingly at the photo on her phone; the smiling couple exuding the happiness they both felt. Her white gown and his Marine uniform, the small flower girl and ring bearer holding a sign “Here Comes The Bride.” Nothing but hope for their future in their eyes, beauty in their souls and love in their hearts. She knew what risks came with his uniform, but never did she think that she would be sitting here, alone, staring at this stone. Rest In Peace written just above his name. In a tear filled rage she threw the phone at the solemn reminder of his departure; she screamed out his name and clutched the roses she held in her fist, the thorns cutting her flesh; but she did not care. The pairs german shepherd tilted its head and looked at her, sensing the sadness in her heart, the gentle beast knew nothing could help her, so he simply rested his head in her lap. She laid out on that moist morning grass and snuggled the dog; sobbing into his fur, “I never even got to tell him...He was going to be a daddy.”

© 2017 kitkat7


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

91 Views
Added on April 15, 2017
Last Updated on April 15, 2017
Tags: military, love, romance, loss

Author

kitkat7
kitkat7

Writing
Chapter 1: SOLD Chapter 1: SOLD

A Chapter by kitkat7


Kailena Kailena

A Book by kitkat7