Dead Silence

Dead Silence

A Story by Katerina Grev
"

Short story about the sadness of lovers turned to strangers.

"
There was dead silence in the air. My girlfriend and I were looking around the room as if a conversation starter that would kill the silence was hiding in a corner. The silence still pains me. I remember a time when the silence didn't exist and everything came naturally and flowed easily and things were okay. They say time heals all wounds but they don't talk about the ones it creates.
"How's your mom been by the way?" I ask awkwardly.
"She's been okay." Her response felt like a butter knife going through my heart, slow and painful. There was a time I didn't even have to ask that question because her family adored us and I saw them often. There was a time when the answer wasn't generic and short to avoid any further conversations. Sitting there, trying to make small talk with someone I used to love was the most torturous experience of my life.

© 2017 Katerina Grev


Author's Note

Katerina Grev
Let me know what you think.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

when you go somewhere and "they" don't - the persons' sense change and unfamiliar experience. Sometimes you grow as a person, sometimes life experience just sets you guys apart.



Posted 6 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

160 Views
1 Review
Added on June 4, 2017
Last Updated on June 4, 2017
Tags: romance, depression, nostalgia, poem, heartbreak, cheating, love, missing, hurt

Author

Katerina Grev
Katerina Grev

Brooklyn, NY



About
Just a short little teenager from New York with a lot of emotional problems. more..

Writing