I'm not me.

I'm not me.

A Poem by .abigail.
"

about the pressure teenagers feel to be like someone else, usually celebrities.

"

There’s someone I want to be.

Someone special.

Problem is, she’s taken.

Taken by many people.

She’s spread out among the citizens of this lonely planet.

So when I meet someone,

Who has that special part,

I take it.

 

I take the part,

And make it part of myself.

I change myself, to be who she is.

To be what is acceptable.

To be what is not.

 

I try to be different.

But I end up being the same as all the people out there.

All those people with the special part.

 

And it hurts.

It hurts to know that I can’t be me.

I have to be other people.

It hurts to be unoriginal.

How do people bear it?

The people without the special part.

The ordinary people.

The same people.

 

I want to be original.

But there’s always someone out there I want to be.

So I’m not me.

© 2008 .abigail.


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

being original isn't so great. trust me.

Posted 14 Years Ago


I, at one point, could say I related to this, but I find over time I've come to realize that despite how hard we try to impress people by conforming, they barely look twice at us, leaving our whole goal pointless.
"Be yourself", it's easy enough to say, but I think the main thing we all have to remember is we need to make the best with what we've got; the people who matter will stay and support you, and the ones who don't, well, they're merely passing by for a while.


Posted 15 Years Ago


We all wish we we're someone else, but in the end we just have to make the best of who we are.

Posted 15 Years Ago


Be yourself.
You might not be who you actually are..but if you can become someone else..Which in itself is a difficult thing, then you can surely be what and who you actually are, and that's pretty easy. :)
a very impressive write.
Every line is just wonderful, and so sadly true. It's an admirable effort.
Kudos!

Posted 15 Years Ago


Sad yet true. Sometimes I am like this but eventually I have to accept that I have my own personality. Just remember that and you will be who you are. Learn to accept yourself which I am doing right now, accepting and enjoying myself. :)

It is hard to lose your own identity and teenagers are usually like this just to fit in and be accepted. :)

Great write though. Keep on writing. :D

Posted 15 Years Ago


A lonely write. Well done.

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

140 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 8, 2008

Author

.abigail.
.abigail.

Australia



About
Hey. My real name isn't Abigail, but I prefer it, and I don't want my friends to read any of the stuff I've written, so I'm not putting my real name. I was born in 1994, I live in Australia. M.. more..

Writing