Xray Goes to The Zoo

Xray Goes to The Zoo

A Story by Kimber Gillingham
"

An idea for a short mini series of children's books.

"

Xray The Kid

Xray Goes to The Zoo

 

One morning, Xray was woken up early to get ready and to head to the car.

He had no idea where they were going, he just knew they were going pretty far.

Xray than saw a big sign that read “zoo”, the excitement building in him suddenly grew.  

They found a place to park the jeep, his parents opened the door and Xray jumped out in one big leap.

 


Xray was so excited to see animals of all kinds, he thought “maybe I’ll see a lion or a bear or even porcupines”.

They got to their first animal and it was a monkey, Xray thought he looked funny and he was kind of chunky.

The next animal was a really cool tiger with stripes, Xray said “I love cats of all types”.

Next were the elephants they are huge and gray, Xray loved the elephants so much that he wanted to stay.

 


They stopped for a snack and a drink, Xray also got some cotton candy that was very pink.

Once they were done eating, it was time for more fun and more animal meeting.

The next animal they saw was a giraffe that was very tall, Xray thought “wow he makes me look super small”.

Suddenly Xray got really excited and started to run around, he stared with a smile at the bears that were big and brown.  

 


They got to see many different fish and even a manatee, Xray loved it all and was happy as can be.

Just when Xray thought he had seen every animal there was, the next thing he saw made him come to a complete pause.

What caught his attention was a big sign, to his excitement it was a big spikey porcupine.

Xray was so happy at all the animals he got to see, and left the park holding his parent’s hands with glee.

 


They got into the jeep and started to drive, only a few minutes went by, maybe five.

Xray’s parents asked him if today he had lots of fun, but no words were said, not even one.

His mother, confused turned her head around to take a peep, there was Xray happily fast asleep.

They knew that it meant his day was indeed great, they both agreed not to wait too long before their next family date. 

                                      

                                                                        By: Kimber Gillingham

© 2017 Kimber Gillingham


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

That's a cute story. I like the rhyme scheme and the family theme. What made you pick the name xray?

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Kimber Gillingham

6 Years Ago

Well my son's name is Xander Ray so we came up with Xray. :-)
Jolly hockeysticks all round! This is good old simple writing and traditional fun Kimber.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

A wonderful story shared. Family time is the best time we can spend. A perfect ending to the outstanding story shared.
Coyote

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

249 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 26, 2017
Last Updated on July 26, 2017
Tags: story, writing, children, book, childrenbooks, kids, shortstory, zoo, xray

Author

Kimber Gillingham
Kimber Gillingham

FL



About
I am a stay at home mom and I love to write! more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Air Air

A Poem by Centipedle


I Know Why I Know Why

A Poem by Tbear