Everything I didn't tell you

Everything I didn't tell you

A Story by Cristina

Everything I didn’t tell you that day is stored in a file in my mind that keeps getting opened. It happens some mornings when I wake up and my mind hasn’t remember yet that it is not allowed to open that file, or when the elevator holds the scent of a neighbor I’ve never met. It happens now and it will happen often until I’ll forget that file exists, that you exist.

Everything I didn’t tell you that day is holding me down, tied with a golden band of regret and I have to cut through it in order to fly again. I am annoyed and I feel silly. There are so many bands that tie me down.

That day was not important and you probably don’t even remember it, but then, you probably don’t remember me either. You never knew me to have something to remember and I too don’t remember anything anymore.

So days like this, I think not telling you about the everything - my everything - was right, because this everything would have kept you tied down too.

I want to fly too and meet you again one day, for the first time. That day my everything will be a light pair of wings. Today I don’t believe that day exists because I have to walk and I can’t remember ever flying, even though I’m pretty sure I once did.

© 2014 Cristina


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Yes, those files that we try keep closed, that keep coming open, when we least expect them to. You hope that you will forget them, and then something, a sound, a smell, a look and there they are back again.
You have captured this very well in this lovely little bit of writing.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Cristina

10 Years Ago

Thank you very much ... It makes me so happy that you took some time to review my work, and even hap.. read more



Reviews

"tied with a golden band of regret" - I love those lines. A short, sad story of what may be a brief encounter? But it was important and valuable to the writer. Clear and easy to relate to, I liked it very much. Penny

Posted 9 Years Ago


Cristina

9 Years Ago

Thank you so much for your review
ReadSWOP!
Well, i think this is more of a personal recount than a story? A sad tune to it. Pretty well written...

Well except for just one part which is the "Or when the elevator holds the scent of a neighbor I've never met"This line... Mhmm, I don't know. Was it necessary for it?

Other than that, I enjoyed it.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Cristina

9 Years Ago

uh thank's ... i also thought of that line being a bit too much... i will think about editing a bit .. read more
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
DrD
I like the flowing narrative form of this work. I suggest correcting the line "my mind hasn’t remember yet" to "remembered". What is important is that you transmitted your feelings and thoughts clearly and brought the reader to feel instead of only read. I enjoyed it very much. Well done and before I go I have to tell you how much I envy you living in Austria. I miss Salzburg and Vienna very much.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Cristina

9 Years Ago

hey .. thank you for the review, I really appreciate it. Are you austrian?
DrD

9 Years Ago

No, just addicted to travel. I loved the old bridge in Salzburg and the famous clock above the plaz.. read more
I really like your writing its very unique and you know how to capture your readers. I really enjoyed reading this story and just want to say keep up the good. I hope you don't mind when you get the time if you could read one of my stories and give me you advice and rating. I appreciate it especially coming from a great writer like you:) thank you.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Cristina

9 Years Ago

Thank you! Sure I will read some of your things to!
This story is more of a poem than a story as the verses flow like poem. There was a lyrical feel to the story. Well done. :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


Cristina

9 Years Ago

I thought about it too, especially after I read some of your poems. Thank you for the review!
New Theory

9 Years Ago

You are welcome... and writing like that is a good thing. It brings out the emotion better. You have.. read more
Yes, those files that we try keep closed, that keep coming open, when we least expect them to. You hope that you will forget them, and then something, a sound, a smell, a look and there they are back again.
You have captured this very well in this lovely little bit of writing.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Cristina

10 Years Ago

Thank you very much ... It makes me so happy that you took some time to review my work, and even hap.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

483 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 26, 2014
Last Updated on April 26, 2014
Tags: love, loneliness, regrets, melancholia

Author

Cristina
Cristina

Austria



About
I first started writing a while ago, as I was unable to sleep at night and I decided to start publishing little stories on Tumblr. There is not much to say, what I write started as a mini journal and .. more..

Writing
The One The One

A Story by Cristina


The heart The heart

A Story by Cristina