The One

The One

A Story by Cristina

Hello.It's been a while since I saw you last, so long that maybe it wasn't even you in the first place. I saw maybe just this part, this man, crossing distracted the street, hurrying or running away.


~~~


I talked to him again recently. We were having a really terrible coffee at the place from the corner of my street. Such talks never leave much time to breathe. They get heated up and we're looking at each other, inside each other and all of the sudden we're in my apartment and it's 5 a.m. I fell asleep on his chest.


One time I was crying in the subway. It was when he broke my heart, but this old man from the other side of the train kept smiling at me and somehow, I knew it all will be alright.


I got kissed once. It happened many times more afterwards. Each time it meant something.


I had this friend. We kept laughing together like we never laughed before. Again and again and again.


~~~


Hello. I hate you. I hate you because you went through the world and left these parts of you in certain people I see, I meet, I love and somehow you never left it all. 


You lost yourself  in all these people and now... YOU DON'T EXIST.

© 2014 Cristina


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Your writing is so short, yet manages to say so much in those few words, almost poem-like in its effect. Well done, I felt this one.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Cristina

9 Years Ago

Thank you so much!
When I first saw your peace of writing I questioned it as being a story especially in matter of length, but after reading it . It was well worthy than a long one would assure. Really, well done. I loved it

Posted 9 Years Ago


Cristina

9 Years Ago

Thank you for the input... I always try to keep any story I think of short, because it feels like pe.. read more
Oh Christina...I know this feeling you describe so well. Your story reminds me of my first love, Brian. For years after we broke up, I compared every man I met to him...I saw a bit of him - or wanted to see a bit of him in every other man. It was as if he was haunting me.

Your story is heartfelt and well written.
You are very talented.

:) Julie



Posted 9 Years Ago


Cristina

9 Years Ago

Thank you so much for your review!
Sometimes writing a story can be like giving birth(I'm married so know about the pain) you push and push to get it out of your brain but it never seems like its enough. Its better if you are just happy with it. If you think that its good enough then it is. A good piece that reflects the story completely,well done.
Will

Posted 9 Years Ago


Cristina

9 Years Ago

Thank you for the thoughts, it's also what I have been thinking about lately. Would you also check o.. read more
Good one, truly an amazing piece and great work in it

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Cristina

9 Years Ago

thank you so much :)
A. Amos

9 Years Ago

You're most welcome
Wow, for such a short piece, it really is powerful. I found myself tripping over the wording here and there; so either it needs a little more polish or you intended it that way. I'm not certain.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Cristina

9 Years Ago

Oh thank you so much... Yeah I agree with the fact it needs a bit of polish, i just couldn't find th.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

483 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 21, 2014
Last Updated on May 21, 2014
Tags: love, loneliness, heartbreak, sadness, fragments, short story, significant other, soulmate

Author

Cristina
Cristina

Austria



About
I first started writing a while ago, as I was unable to sleep at night and I decided to start publishing little stories on Tumblr. There is not much to say, what I write started as a mini journal and .. more..

Writing
The heart The heart

A Story by Cristina



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


inside voice inside voice

A Chapter by Lyn Anderson