Goddess

Goddess

A Story by The Chosen

I stood motionless, in a field of golden wheat. The soft stems swayed in the wind, gently brushing against my arms. I stood there, unmoving, watching. A soft light was cast onto me, for the moon is not as harsh as the sun. Something caught my eye, from the bush across the way. I knelt, my eyes barely above the wheat, as I waited for what was to arrive.

She came out of the forest, slowly, and with reverence. Her black hair flowed gracefully behind her, her steps made not a sound. Pale skin shining in the light, like an angel from the sky. She moved out of the cover of the trees, and into the field. Steadily looked upwards, a small smile adorning her red lips. Her eyes were closed, but she did not trip, and didn’t falter. She stopped, rather close to me, and spread her arms wide. She inhaled, and as I saw her chest expand with the night’s air, she began to sing.

 No song that I was familiar with was this beautiful. The wind changed to harmonize with her; the trees rustled their leaves to keep rhythm. She brought one hand to her heart, and held the other towards the moon, palm up. Her eyes slowly opened, and my heart felt ready to burst. They were a bright red, but a red that one would be comforted by. As I watched ever more, I noticed that she was crying. Soft tears slowly fell down her cheeks, and dropped onto the ground. Amazement came to me as I saw, where every tear fell, a bright flower would grow. All around her feet, flowers of all colors were blooming. As a sat, captivated by her beauty and the flowers, I almost didn’t notice that the wind had stopped.

The trees had stopped rustling, and the field slowly was cast into darkness. I thought something was wrong, for the woman’s song fell silent. But, the clouds slowly opened, until there was a small beam of moonlight. I followed the light and saw that it ended on the woman’s upward facing palm. To something far beyond my imagination, a small green light began flowing from the moon. It traveled down the light, and curled itself around her arm.

It continued flowing, slowly wrapping itself around her body, and increasing in brightness. The end of the stream came, and the light seemed to flow into her body. I saw her eyes slowly change from red to green as she turned to look at me. She began walking towards me, seeming to stare straight into my soul. As she got closer, I tried to stand and back away. I tripped and fell back unto my back, and put my hands over my face to hide myself. She stopped and stared down at me and I was fearful that she would be angry for me watching her.

She slowly reached down, and to my amazement, she pulled me up to a sitting position. She knelt down until her glorious eyes met mine. My heart began to beat faster as she spoke.

          I am the goddess of the night. I protect these lands, and the sky. I will always watch over you, and protect you from harm. You will never be alone, for I am with you.”

       She slowly bent down and pushed her soft lips on my forehead. I closed my eyes and sighed as I reached for her, wishing to feel her once. I opened my eyes only to see one thing, me, standing motionless all alone, in my room. 

© 2013 The Chosen


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

A few spelling errors but overall great I like stories where I can paint the picture in my head

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

176 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on September 19, 2013
Last Updated on September 24, 2013

Author

The Chosen
The Chosen

Columbus, OH



About
I love music. I play the electric and stand up bass. i have a strange habit of turning all my poems into something morbid or depressing. It's not bad, I just can't seem to write happy poems. more..

Writing
Snow Snow

A Poem by The Chosen