The Lost Lover

The Lost Lover

A Story by KAyD
"

A vampire with no recollection of who she was before, except the black eyes of the werewolf who had brought her to be changed.

"

 

I barely remember being human. It was so long ago, and the pain of the transformation washes away all but the strongest memories.
            My very blood was boiling in my veins. I couldn’t breath, couldn’t even think. It spread through my body turning my muscles to water and my bones to rubber. I couldn’t stand it.
            Even now I could remember the change.
            But what I remember most was the black eyes of the man who had watched over me. I don’t remember his name, or even much of his face, but I instinctively know that he had brought me to the man who changed me.
            Changed me into a vampire after I had nearly died when a building collapsed around me. I remembered that pain too, though it was dull in comparison to others I’d felt.
            When I had awoken, the man with the black eyes was gone. My senses heightened, I unconsciously tried to catch his scent. Tears had stung my eyes, the scent so repulsive my nose had burned. Soon after I learned just what that scent was.
            Werewolf.
            I’d been utterly shocked. It turns out that mankind’s assumption about the war between vampires and werewolves was incredibly close. It was a dog vs. cat thing that we didn’t really understand; it was unconscious, without thought.
            So a werewolf bringing a damaged human to be changed into a vampire was completely unheard of.
            And I wanted to know why he had done it.
            I was in New York City when I saw him.
He was a tall man, a good foot taller than me, with golden tan skin and curly black hair, cut to his jaw. He wore loose fitting jeans and a dark blue muscle tee. But I knew it was he when I looked into his eyes. They were all black, twin pools of liquid onyx that recognized me instantly.
He bolted into the crowd.
I ran after him as fast as I could without drawing attention to myself being more than human. My long blonde hair whipped into my face, and I spit out the strands that fell into my mouth.
The chase led me into a near deserted part of town. It was the kind of place I wouldn’t have ever entered if I weren’t immortal.
He was waiting for me when I stopped, eyes wide with shock.
“Who are you?” My question seemed to take away his shock. His expression turned murderous, and I took a small step back.
“You don’t remember me?” He thundered. A vein throbbed in his neck.
“I only remember your eyes. You took me to the vampire to be changed, didn’t you?” I was proud when my voice came out steady.
His angry expression shattered. “You were so hurt. And it was my entire fault. I had to fix it. It was selfish of me. I couldn’t have you die. I needed you to be alive, even if I never saw you again.”
I was still lost. “What were you to me?” I blurted out.
And with that, he lunged.
I was prepared to fight, to run. I was completely unprepared for the kiss.
His lips pressed forcefully against mine, conveying a hunger and desperation I had never felt before. The kiss was filled with familiarity, as if we had done this a hundred times before.
And I now knew what he had been to me.
I knew why he had taken me to the vampire.
Why he had broken the rules.
Why he had saved me.
He loved me.
And I loved him.

© 2009 KAyD


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

170 Views
Added on July 4, 2009

Author

KAyD
KAyD

SC



About
My writing is a result of insomnia and too much caffeine, and is written in the early hours of morning. I listen to music appropriate to that which I am writing, and am not bound to one genre as of ye.. more..

Writing
Choices Choices

A Book by KAyD


The dream The dream

A Chapter by KAyD


The Five The Five

A Book by KAyD