Frustration from civilization.

Frustration from civilization.

A Poem by Samantha Koshiol
"

People totally play a part in my life choices. Dunno if that's good or bad, you be the judge.

"
Sometimes you reach a pivotal point in life, where you must take some sort of leap. If we do not either leap or retreat, we end up stalled. Simple. Like a car driving off-road, our wheels tend to become stuck in the mud. They keep turning, and turning, and turning, yet you get no where.

Emotionless effort. Work, work and more work. No progression. Stuck. I could use a push in the right direction, just to know which way is right.

What is your deciding factor? Is it your ethics? Your morals? Is it your peers? What influences you to decide what is wrong and what is right? Why do those things overcome you? Can anyone or anything straying from the norm sway your choices? Why can't you think for yourself for once?

Sometimes someone comes along and pulls you out of the mud. Do you owe this person something or will a simple thank you do? Too many of the thank yous, seems to send me back-tracking back to that same stuck, muddy spot and it feels like I haven't moved an inch.

In reality, I probably never moved forward at all. Keep digressing, keep losing focus, keep lacking life. Maybe I'll learn a few new things on the way back to the path.

Taking this path over and over could lead to the mundane. Why not explore a new voyage and see what lies ahead? Blaze way through uncharted land. Do you worry of the dangerous discoveries? The fear of the unknown can be quite powerful and intimidating for most.

© 2011 Samantha Koshiol


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

A good life is when you take chances and have no fear. Success and failures will be many. Better to be positive and celebrate the victories. I like the logic of this poem. Easy to get stuck. Hard to get-up and go forward. I like the truth in the last statement in the poem.
"The fear of the unknown can be quite powerful and intimidating for most."
Thank you for a excellent poem.
Coyote


Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

My Dear Writing Friend,
A thought provoking read one can muse for hours. I do not give advice in life but share my experience, strength, and hope. For me, I must live in today and not worry about tomorrow, today’s has enough issues so why take on tomorrows before I have to.
When I do not know what to do next I just do the next best thing. That may be something as simple as brushing my teeth, and then eating breakfast or setting out with my dog team to go visit a neighbor around the backside of the mountain, or reading a book of wisdom.
And then I remind my self it is what it is. So often I have to remember that even though something is not the way I would prefer it to be, I have to accept life on life’s terms.
And the biggest thing does this really matter in my one hundred year plan?

Blessings, Laughing-Bear


Posted 12 Years Ago


A good life is when you take chances and have no fear. Success and failures will be many. Better to be positive and celebrate the victories. I like the logic of this poem. Easy to get stuck. Hard to get-up and go forward. I like the truth in the last statement in the poem.
"The fear of the unknown can be quite powerful and intimidating for most."
Thank you for a excellent poem.
Coyote


Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

135 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 3, 2011
Last Updated on July 3, 2011

Author

Samantha Koshiol
Samantha Koshiol

Born in St. Paul, but proud Sicilian., MN



About
This St. Paul native, finds herself crazy. I was once told: "Everyone is crazy, those who admit they are, are. Those in denial are the ones we should be worried about" more..

Writing