Iron lace

Iron lace

A Poem by Deeper La'jik

Graven image, Infinite body whose eyes are the sun and moon, I pass my thoughts through mental prayers to feel your love. I want to dispel the illusion I long lived by. The hollow world and its vile cataclysm of addiction has has cozen me under this drenching rain of misfortune. This swamp of a lifestyle has produced serious derangements of vision, both of self and the world outside of my skin. Like small cracks in the glaze of porcelain.The luxury of my spirit has been reaped by the king of kings, the Hard Lord of Devastation that slaves the infamous and rules in the realm of the illicit and sweet passions. And it was this very sweetness that stimulated a storm of ravishment and dangerous delights within. Per contra, my sea of bliss, this thrill of the hunt left me war-torn and ship-wrecked; Gored to the point of felt deficiency. Buried in shredded dreams, narcotization, and locked in shame and inhibitions I realize I can not resist life any longer. This beautiful portrait of a clear sky now gone to pieces was nothing but a mirage at which I gazed, long and hard, and foolishly warranted as reality. I have heard he who acquits himself of death and pursuit of the world is said to have no physical body and elevates to the ultimate ranks of heaven as a scintillating paragon of pure conscious fire and mystic, thus is untouchable. Immortalization is unquestionable in my favor if I just pursue what ancient scriptures prescribe me to do, be that as it may, I cannot see further than the tears that divulge what the heart cannot speak of.

© 2013 Deeper La'jik


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I love the word play! You did a good job of the imagery too. Good job! :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


Good write with a vast imagery love it!

Posted 11 Years Ago


awesomely worded with beautiful imagery, this piece resonates with vision. very nice.

Posted 11 Years Ago


This is an intriguing piece...immortal are you, when penned this way...
Well done!

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

320 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 3, 2013
Last Updated on March 4, 2013
Tags: Addiction, vice, depression, awakening, conformity, self-defeat, attachments, suffering, spirituality, passions, ignorance, life, death, lust, existential
Previous Versions


Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..