Free Verse

Free Verse

A Poem by krbritt

Free Verse

So apparently this is a free verse poem.

            Ha.

            We aren’t free to do anything.  Not even close.

This may as well be called Censored Poem that Follows the Rules, if we’re naming accurately.

If I plan to hand this in.

But the human race is an expert at beating around the bush.

            And come to think of it, so is this poem.

                        As of now, this poem has no definitive topic.

But I don’t really want it to have one.

            I want to not follow one of the rules, and leave it be.

So now this poem is semi-free verse.

            2% free.

If I want to hand this in, it’s fairly certain that freedom is no longer an option.

I can write about each year at school, and sop and gush and reminisces.

But by this point, I may as well finish it off.

                        By saying that I’ve found the topic of this poem:

It’s about freedom and wanting to be free and not wanting the consequences that come with it

and in the long run, not being sure if you want it at all.

 

© 2011 krbritt


Author's Note

krbritt
i sat at my computer for an hour, the mind-numbingly stark screen sticking its tongue out at me and saying, "Nah nah nah nah nah you cant write poetry!" I had to write a poem for the yearbook, gushing about howw much fun i had and how sad i was to be leaving this school. This limited topic got me thinking.....why is everything so censored. and this is my result.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

@silver
thanks. yes, i handed it in, and it was not allowed in the yearbook.
our class has to write a vocabulary story every week, and we always use each other as characters. on day the principal came in and said we couldnt, so i went home and wrote a story about the desk i sat at. my teacher commented on my paper "This story was boring and depressing. You can write about each other again"

we WILL beat censorship!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Oh my goodness, I know, right? I love this poem. Are you handing it in? Censorship sucks. I don't pay much attention to it.

Congratulations, I'm pretty sure you're the only person whose piece I've ever rated 100.

Posted 12 Years Ago


very nice. I like the flow of every thing

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

282 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 9, 2011
Last Updated on May 17, 2011

Author

krbritt
krbritt

PA



About
I am fourteen years old, and i go to a catholic school in an undisclosed location. i love to write, and im the freak in my family for it; everyone else is or is going to be a math or science major. I.. more..

Writing